Adventure Further with New Adventure Sync Feature

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 971 admin
edited January 27 in Announcements #1 latest comment 12 February, 2020, 10:50 pm.

Witches and wizards,

Adventure Sync is coming to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite soon and will make your daily adventures even more rewarding! While you’re out during your morning commute, taking a stroll around town, or on an evening jog, Adventure Sync will connect with Apple Health or Google Fit to record your walking distance even while Harry Potter: Wizards Unite isn’t running. Once enabled in the Settings menu, your walking distance will be tallied in the background and applied toward your Portkey Portmanteaus. Adventure Sync is completely optional and can be turned on or off at any time in the game settings.

Alongside the release of Adventure Sync, we’ll also be making some updates to Portkeys and the rewards collected from them. You’ll first notice that you will be able to hold two additional Portmanteaus in your inventory, now for a total of 10. As you unlock Portmanteaus, there will also be new artwork to visually differentiate between the different types–2 km Portmanteaus will reveal a Boot, 5 km a Kettle, and 10 km a Deflated Ball. You may also notice that some Portkey environments, such as Umbridge’s Office, that were previously available during Brilliant Events, will be appearing again. In addition, tapping Wrackspurts within any Portkey will now also have a chance to reward players with Spell Energy. Players may also discover additional Foundable fragments which weren’t previously able to be collected from Portkeys.

We hope you all are excited for this new feature! We can’t wait to see how many Portkey Portmanteaus you open πŸ™‚

Tagged:
Β«1

Comments

• Jeje002Jeje002 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #227 January, 2020, 04:33 pm.

Will it be possible to adventure sync both POGO and HPWU simoultaneously - or the otherone while the other is active? 2 games with walking priorities are currently killing the fun from both games...

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    #327 January, 2020, 04:51 pm.

After the Portkey distance tracking fiasco compiled with having to unlock so many Portkeys for the current event, this could not come soon, enough. Thank you!

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    #427 January, 2020, 05:16 pm.

This is great news! Thanks for listening!

• BonmedoBonmedo Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited January 27 #527 January, 2020, 05:25 pm.

Awesome News πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ» But this doesn’t mean you guys be will putting crazy amount of portkey quest for the next event, right? 🀭

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #627 January, 2020, 05:26 pm.

Thank you thank you thank you πŸ™ πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

This is such great news and I think I can speak on behalf of every single player how grateful we are for adventure sync and listening to our input about the portkeys with changing the gifts, adding spell energy, and the Portkey locations!! Not to mention two more slots to our inventory? Wow - amazing!!

One question, when will this all be rolled out? Today? Perhaps...maybe? Keeping my fingers crossed!🀞🏼🀞🏼🀞🏼

• EntangledBadgerEntangledBadger Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #727 January, 2020, 05:35 pm.

Will we finally be able to tell the difference between portkeys BEFORE we pick them up? I'd rather know what it is before I tap it rather than after it's opened.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #827 January, 2020, 05:56 pm.

Yes! Will be counting down the days/weeks until then!

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 971 admin
    #1027 January, 2020, 07:56 pm.

@Jeje002 Yes! Both games will work simultaneously. If your accounts share a login method, your distance traveled will match across the games.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    #1127 January, 2020, 08:30 pm.

@HPWULola Very excited but...what about S Health? I have a Samsung Watch so I don't use Google Fit. Could I use Adventure Sync?

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1227 January, 2020, 08:49 pm.

THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS WE’VE HAD IN A LONG TIME!!!!

Thank you @HPWUTeam!

@Acumen I’m dying over here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• EntangledBadgerEntangledBadger Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1327 January, 2020, 08:52 pm.

Why link adventure sync to the use of a wearable? Plenty of us have no need for such an accessory. And I'm certainly not going to buy one just for a game.

#1427 January, 2020, 09:11 pm.

@EntangledBadger who said you need a wearable? Just keep your phone in your pocket and walk. For example on iPhone in the health app, it tracks your steps and distance throughout the day, which will now link up to Adventure Sync.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 971 admin
    #1527 January, 2020, 09:43 pm.

@EntangledBadger No need for any wearables! Apple Health and Google Fit are apps within your phone that track your walking.

@Hoyot Google Fit should be downloaded on your phone and Adventure Sync will work with that.

We are posting an FAQ and Troubleshooting guide soon, I'll share it here when it's live!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1627 January, 2020, 11:51 pm.

@HPWULola for what it's worth my current Samsung Galaxy S9+ and my previous phone, a Galaxy S7, both came without Google fit. Both of them allowed me to set up adventure sync in Pokemon Go using the Samsung health app. Your comments suggest that WU's adventure sync will only work with Google fit. Can you confirm if this is the case, or if my current Samsung app will work? Thanks.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1728 January, 2020, 12:25 am.

SO. EXCITED!! 🀩

• ArtsyAprilArtsyApril Posts: 2 ✭
    #1828 January, 2020, 12:38 am.

Is this the reason why there is currently a bug with opening unlocked portkeys?

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    #1928 January, 2020, 01:02 am.

I don't want or need energy from portkeys. I want unicorn hairs to go back into portkeys, they seem to have disapparated. I want the SOS communications to go back to the SOS button and my photo to go front and center on my page.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 719 admin
    edited January 28 #2028 January, 2020, 01:03 am.

Android devices, including Samsungs, need to link Adventure Sync with Google Fit. If you don't have Google Fit installed on your device, then the link is created via Google services (if you're using Google login). I have a Note 8 (without Google Fit installed) and a Galaxy Watch. Samsung Health can be linked to Google Fit via Google services so I just use Samsung health to look at my fitness data.

@MtPollux Adventure Sync, as far as we can tell, uses Apple Health for iOS or Google Fit for Androids. Here is what I see when I setup Adventure Sync in PGO with my Note 8:

Post edited by HPWUrobert on
    #2128 January, 2020, 01:38 am.

@HPWULola will it be going live this week? Or do you have an estimated go live date? Thank you so much! This is such great news!!

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    #2228 January, 2020, 01:44 am.

2.9 is live, but I don't see an option to enable Adventure Sync.

#2328 January, 2020, 01:54 am.

@BenTiger they’re going to wait a little bit until everyone has 2.9 before activating that.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    #2428 January, 2020, 02:26 am.
  • OwlxOwlx Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2528 January, 2020, 03:10 am.

πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

@HPWUTeam and @HPWULola Thank you all so much!!!!

Happy dance so much I feel like I was hit with a Tarantallegra jinxπŸ€£πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Going to check google fit and update my app

πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ€œπŸ€›πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³

• LittlePawsLittlePaws Posts: 1 ✭
    #2728 January, 2020, 09:26 am.

Is Adventure Sync going to work with Garmin? Or Fitbit?

Because if you have a wearable you don't really want to track twice.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    #2828 January, 2020, 01:35 pm.

@HPWULola Thank you but I don't use Google Fit (my Samsung Watch is syncronized to S Health): I've just downloaded Fit but Health and Fit are syncronized only via a third-party app.

@HPWUrobert Could you tell me in which way you can link Health and Google fit via Google services? Samsung Health can be linked to Google Fit only via third-party app. Many thanks

• OmaLaurieOmaLaurie Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #2928 January, 2020, 01:50 pm.

This is great news indeed. I’m also grateful for distinguishing portkeys, but agree with the lament - where have all the unicorn hairs gone? Though I was thrilled to get some toadstools in a Portkey.

#3028 January, 2020, 03:37 pm.

Has anyone seen or does anyone know when adventure sync goes live? I haven’t been able to see when it will be in effect.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3128 January, 2020, 05:01 pm.

Top right- when every one is on the new version. Different way of saying Soon🀣 After current event ends or a few days- sooner than later. 😝