Lengthy delay on fortress room selection

BaraskayaBaraskaya Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 23 in Known Issues #1 latest comment 01 July, 2020, 01:41 pm.

For over a month now I have noticed that after choosing a room in a fortress there is a lengthy delay before the runestone selection screen appears. I have a samsung (android) s7.

When playing with iPhone users they are always in the fortress chamber quite a bit sooner than me.

Today we had 2 samsung players and an iPhone player. If we tried to all get into a ruins chamber we ran out of time. With tower or forest rooms we had enough time, but the delay is very annoying.

I think this delay started around the last time changes were made to the start button in the fortress.

Post edited by HPWUblue on
81 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

We've called this out as a known issue in 2.9.0 and are looking into what might be causing a delay

Comments

• Dragolf82Dragolf82 Posts: 1
    edited January 19 #219 January, 2020, 07:51 am.

I am having the same issue on my Samsung A5 and my brother on his Samsung A8. this is very annoying as I cannot justify staying at a forteress to clear my event runes that I am over loaded with.

We tried reinstalling, clearing game cache and dowloading assets. nothing fixes it.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 129 ✭✭
    #319 January, 2020, 05:19 pm.

Doesn't seem to be an android issue though.

My husband and I both have androids (Huawei p20 lite - me / Google pixel3 somewhat - him).

If we want to fight together in a fortress, he always gives me a head start because I'm suffering from a much longer delay than he does.

• DjoranDjoran Posts: 0
    #423 January, 2020, 02:12 pm.

Whenever I want to do a wizarding challenge, it takes forever to load to the screen where you can pick a rune. Isn't there any way to speed this up, because it's really annoying. Anyway I hope it gets fixed really fast.

• PocketfifiPocketfifi Posts: 0
    edited January 28 #528 January, 2020, 08:20 am.

When I select a chamber, there is a really long delay before I'm able to select a runestone. This did not used to be the case.

Samsung A5

Android 8.0

• ProfesorBubsProfesorBubs Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #629 January, 2020, 03:05 am.

Same problem here! I have Kyocera with Android software. So frustrating to make teammates wait for me in runes chamber until I finally get in. Hope bug gets fixed fast!

• HalaollaHalaolla Posts: 1
    #730 January, 2020, 01:55 pm.

I have the same issue. It takes almost a minute before getting to rune selection after selecting the chamber. The screen freezes for this period.

• Nimueha11eNimueha11e Posts: 2
    #801 February, 2020, 11:58 am.

I have same issue and additionally no start button when playing alone. so needs double waiting time to play

• KowrwKowrw Posts: 0
    #905 February, 2020, 02:26 pm.

Everytime i click on a fortress and go to any tower to put a runstone in the game nust freezes. I tried deleting the app, clearing cache, everything but nothing works. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1005 February, 2020, 03:55 pm.

Best place to find an answer is in the report a bug section here:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/categories/report-a-bug

#1106 February, 2020, 02:30 pm.

@Kowrw have you tried waiting a bit longer? Since November or December for some players it takes quite a long time to get to the screen where you can choose a runestone. Some players reported a lag of even 30 seconds or more. During this time the game seems frozen but eventually it will move on. Maybe you are just one of the unlucky ones that will have to wait quite some time.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6 #1206 February, 2020, 03:24 pm.

This issue is mentioned in the KNOWN ISSUES (2.9.0):

Players can experience a delay when tapping into a Chamber

• BeckanaiBeckanai Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1307 February, 2020, 02:59 am.

Trying to enter a wizard challenge, my whole game freezes up, you can't do anything within the game, until the choose a stone window pops up, probably lasts about 30-45 seconds depending, this is an improvement since the last error was fixed, it used to be a longer wait time.

Second issue is that while getting the rewards from the stone chosen, not the reward from the challenge itself, you dont get anything from the chosen stone. This is getting to be extremely frustrating. Tonight my husband and I did a bunch of wizard challenges and out of 9 darkest of time stones, I was only able to receive a reward, from 2 of the stones, so instead of having finished collecting my deleuminator, out of 9 stones I only got 2 of them, I ran out of stones before finishing it. This happens at least 5 times a night to us, it's awful when you only have a limited amount of stones to use, you think you're able to finish something and come to find out, you can't.

• Eldonko007Eldonko007 Posts: 0
    edited February 7 #1407 February, 2020, 03:57 pm.

I've been unable to access fortresses for around 3 months now. Every time I do , my game freezes. I've updated the app, deleted and reinstalled it also. To no avail. I can't complete events or even daily tasks and I'm getting really fed up now. Please help me !lol

edited February 7 #1507 February, 2020, 03:59 pm.

This is a KNOWN ISSUE in HPWU Version 2.9.0

The current workaround to this is "patience" as the game freezes but also unfreezes after between 5 and 40 seconds.

#1607 February, 2020, 09:50 pm.

@Eldonko007 have you tried waiting a bit longer? Since November or December for some players it takes quite a long time to get to the screen where you can choose a runestone. Some players reported a lag of even 30 seconds or more. During this time the game seems frozen but eventually it will move on. Maybe you are just one of the unlucky ones that will have to wait quite some time.

#1708 February, 2020, 11:09 pm.

Mine feeezes as well, takes about 35-40 seconds, I just make sure I click the tower chamber I want to enter about 4 times and just wait for it to load.

#1809 February, 2020, 12:18 am.

your first Issue:

This is a KNOWN ISSUE in HPWU Version 2.9.0

The current workaround to this is "patience" as the game freezes but also unfreezes after between 5 and 40 seconds.

Your Second Issue:

Darkest of Times Runestones will reward the Deluminator during week 2. Keep in mind that this reward is not a guaranteed drop.

(Source)

• MarcoGellarMarcoGellar Posts: 2
    #1910 February, 2020, 09:32 am.

This also happens to me. When I select a chamber I have to wait up to 1 minute before I can select a rune to play.

It's particularly annoying when I'm playing with friends, since everybody have to wait for me.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 408 ✭✭✭
    #2010 February, 2020, 11:12 am.

So thats delay is known issue. I thought its just my phone.

How about delay while loading/ending of foe in challenge? Its about 10-15 seconds per foe its really make challenge difficult at higher chamber.

#2110 February, 2020, 12:54 pm.

@Kodokmag That delay "may" be related to your network connectivity.

• CadburyRoseCadburyRose Posts: 1
    #2211 February, 2020, 08:19 pm.

Is there Any update to this problem i can see we Are many players with this problem for many months now?

edited February 11 #2311 February, 2020, 09:10 pm.

Welcome to the Community Forum, @CadburyRose. As you can see, reported Issues are managed by a team of dedicated Moderators and even sorted into "new Issues", "known Issues" and "fixed Issues".

The "lengthy delay on Fortress chamber selection" issue is currently in the status "KNOWN ISSUE" and is being investigated by the developers. Given that Software Bugs (just as the Software itself) is complex and complicated, it may take a while until a fix is deployed. But rest assured, checking this thread (and the orange Box in the first post) will keep you updated on the progress.

Post edited by Lucoire on
  • matthartstongematthartstonge Posts: 1
    #2412 February, 2020, 12:34 am.

Gonna chime in, I've definitely been having this issue pre 1.9.0 .

We noticed it happened straight after version 1.8.0 dropped which mentioned:

Wizarding Challenge

Fixed an issue with long load times after selecting a Chamber.

Nokia 6.1

Android 9 (pie)

edited February 15 #2515 February, 2020, 04:38 am.

I'm still experiencing both issues I made a comment about, while I understand the loading time is a known issue, the reward issue doesn't seem to be addressed anywhere. This time, it was the most recent stone with no reward, the stone reward only, it happens about 1 in 5 times. Level 1 lost love runestone, happened in both my game and my husband's, we were in the challenge together.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 464 admin
    #2618 February, 2020, 07:49 pm.

@Beckanai thank you for the update. Please see our help center article about Getting Started in Wizarding Challenges: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/hpwizardsunite/?p=web&s=about-fortresses-wizarding-challenges&f=getting-started-wizarding-challenges

Note: Registry Rewards correspond to the type of Runestone used and are not always guaranteed. However, you will always receive a Chamber Reward whenever you win a Wizarding Challenge. 

#2723 February, 2020, 02:56 pm.

@HPUROBERT Thank you for the info, I'm sorry I didn't realize the event runestones were chance drops as well. From now on, I'll make sure to take extra in with us. It was just extremely frustrating.

I'm still very much in love with the game! 💗

Since the last update the time to enter a chamber has decreased, but there is still a lag where everything freezes up until you enter the chamber. Though it had gone from being 45 seconds to now about 15 seconds.

• MiuchanMiuchan Posts: 2
    #2803 March, 2020, 11:50 pm.

Same problem here :/ Mine take 1 min sometimes and its annoying, even with this new look the bug is still there. I cant enjoy the farm on low chambers for the books like this , just a few left for getting all gold pages done :D

• KiliaoKiliao Posts: 1
    #2924 April, 2020, 03:07 pm.

I still have the same issue. It takes almost about 30 seconds before getting to rune selection after selecting a chamber. The screen freezes for this period.

I have this problem since 4 month!

It's really annoying.

• TakeoTakeo Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #3028 April, 2020, 08:40 am.

This bug is incredibly frustrating and only seems to affect andriod users out of my party when farming fortresses.

This has been an issue for a number of month so would appreciate if it could be looked into and fixed ASAP.

• PleonazamPleonazam Posts: 4
    #3104 May, 2020, 10:52 pm.

Well, the happiness didn't last ... After completing ruins chamber lvl I, just to test it, I wanted to play again. And the same problem appeared... When I try to choose ruins chamber, the screen freezes, I can't exit from the fortress, I need to shut down the application and log in again. Same thing happens when I choose 'chamber rewards', and try to enter chamber - the screen freezes. :(