Too many scrolls

AthamusAthamus Posts: 4 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 02 April, 2020, 12:25 am.

I appreciate the way we can earn scrolls, but the difficulty to earn books makes a lot of scrolls quite useless. I have over 1500 sitting around for no good reason, right now.

So, can we get a book store in Diagon Alley, that offers the service of binding books? For example 100 scrolls can be bound to one red book and 200 scrolls can be bound to one restricted book.

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #317 January, 2020, 08:28 am.
  • JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 66 ✭✭
    #417 January, 2020, 08:56 am.

Hi,

Keep in mind that the Profession screen states: "More lessons coming soon!". I think it'll sort itself out when new skill trees are made. I'm sure they can make queries on how many scrolls people have on average, and adjust the new lessons requirements accordingly.

And hey, they said "Soon", so how long can that really take, huh? :)

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #517 January, 2020, 11:23 am.

@Jeroenix I think your comment about further lessons is interesting, and those costs are really going to give an idea of what they expect from players. If they expect players to have a second fairly well-developed profession, then their scroll costs will have to remain low (as average players may have spent extra scrolls on other professions). If they expect a single profession, then costs will be higher. The next stage in professions will really communicate their vision for that aspect of the game.

#617 January, 2020, 01:12 pm.

Indeed. I'm saving mine, all of them. I've already chosen a path of only one profession, and if new trees arrive, I expect to become extremely specialized in my field. This is an opportunity for the developers to check and see the configurations of all players, and create reasonably priced new skills.

If things change too radically, I would also suggest an obliviate function (with coins if need be) so people will be able to choose again. Of course, we'll forget the obliviate spell itself when used, so you can't be specialized into other professions from day to day, that would ruin things.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #717 January, 2020, 06:18 pm.

I really like your idea of obliviate @Jeroenix! On the first day I downloaded and started playing HP I immediately chose Magizoo and I don't think I will change that but the option might be nice.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #817 January, 2020, 07:18 pm.

@Jeroenix The issue with the Obliviate would be that reaching certain points in your professon is an achievement with rewards. So by resetting your profession after getting the Achievement-Rewards and then getting the Achievement-Rewards for a different profession without having enough Scrolls and Books for both simultaneously - is kinda unfair.

#920 January, 2020, 10:16 pm.

@Lucoire True, there are some snags to the idea, things must never get too easy. Indeed, with this idea you could 'buy' the achievements to another profession. I hope all the excess scrolls could be put to use someday.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 228 ✭✭✭✭
    #1022 January, 2020, 06:43 am.

@Jeroenix To Niantic, soon can mean months to years. Pokemon breeding was "coming soon" over two years ago and it has yet to be implemented in the game. My best guess is that new lesson plans will likely be released once a year.

As they release future lesson plans, the Challenges will get easier. They will likely be adding additional Runestone levels and higher level Challenges as well. These thing mean that you will be earning more Skill Books from Challenges. The only limiting factor will be Restricted Section Books, as those are currently only from events.

• CatschelinCatschelin Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1101 April, 2020, 05:32 pm.

That is an amazing idea! I have too many scrolls and am a few lessons away from completing my professor ship. And with our stay at home order, I can't go out and earn more books.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 519 ✭✭✭
    #1202 April, 2020, 12:25 am.

I hope the binding service result in a book that have ability to remote access nearby fortress or inn or green house.

I like this one more. More playable options for lockdown.