Gifts and Opening - what is your daily plan

ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 354 ✭✭✭
in Gifts #1 latest comment 16 January, 2020, 10:34 pm.

Last week I cut my friend list by 75% which is making it much easier and less stressful for me to manage. I know I have read some great veteran players on here and their way to manage friends list and gifting rules of thumb.

1. do you delete basic ingredient gifts or what else do you delete?
  2. how do you determine who to send extravagant gifts to?
  3. how do you determine what 10 gifts to open in a day?
  4. how do you keep track of what to send to your close friends or forum friends for example my personal preferences are runestone gifts , then spell energy, and lastly ingredient gifts especially the potent exstimulo gift which is another Uber rare one. But every single player has a different preference list.
  5. if someone is actively playing and has opened your gift how long do you think is acceptable for them to send you a gift? I have a person who hasn’t sent a gift in many weeks but has opened my gift I sent to them a month ago
  6. in my experience so far I earn or find a extravagant runestone gift approximately once every two weeks if I am lucky it’s probably closer to every three weeks and I have received 4 which I am so very grateful for.

Just curious how everyone kind of determines their gift plan for themselves and friends. So any information is much appreciated!! We can all learn from each other!! POTTER ON!!

(personal note to @AuroraKadavra I have a spectacular gift waiting for you that I have been saving for you personally)

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    #214 January, 2020, 04:43 am.

I am not overly bothered about when people send me gifts. I will send gifts when I can, but obviously haven't been out and about as much as I would like with my current situation.

Extravagant gifts I send to people I interact with most, or reciprocate if I can.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    #314 January, 2020, 04:56 am.

I don't have a particularly well defined system. I have 29 friends, about half of whom are active players. As a rule I will delete basic ingredient gifts and most basic spell energy gifts to make room to hopefully pick up better ones.

I have a handful of good local friends and a few active remote friends who get my extravagant gifts. I try to spread the good ones around as evenly as possible, but I don't stress too much about keeping track. I'm very appreciative to receive an extravagant gift, but I don't expect to be repaid in kind for sending good gifts. I've only ever had one extravagant runestone gift drop in a fortress, and it went to my friend that had already sent me 3 of them. I'm hoping to be able to share a few with my other friends eventually.

My preference is to receive runestone gifts, but anything is appreciated. I usually play around a lot of inns, so I tend to end up accumulating lots of energy gifts that I can't use. Eventually I have to force myself to let my energy run down so I can open those gifts.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #414 January, 2020, 04:32 pm.

I always delete basic ingredient and SE gifts. I typically have enough of the others to send out.

There are certain friends who want runestones only, and some that always prefer SE because lack of inns. For the ones who want runestones only, I send when I have enough, or when it’s their turn on my list. It’s not an exact science, but I try to spread runestones around and those people may go without a gift for a few days. The ones that lack inns, I tend to prioritize sending them extr SE. The rest I usually have a feel for their preference. Either through this forum or talking in person. I try to send their preferences when I have them. I don’t feel forced to send a gift to everyone every day, particularly if I don’t have the gift they want. If I have an extr runestone gift (I rarely get them), I try to send to MZ or auror friends that I know are still needing red books (FYI I’m done with red books, so please pay it forward). With essential, I try to send to friends who play solo as they need healing potion typically.

For what I open, it depends on my needs or if I have BBE going. If no BBE, I’m probably good on SE, so I open runestone and ingredient gifts. I’ll save the extr gifts for later. If BBE is going, I’m probably in need of SE, so I open those, particularly the extr SE first. And any other higher xp gifts to maximize the BBE.

I don’t necessarily keep track of who’s sending me gifts, or who’s opening/not opening my gifts. I do notice if I have a particular gift for someone but they haven’t opened my previous for days. Otherwise, I’m not too bothered to keep track. If you know that person you mentioned, just ask them. Maybe they’re looking at you for a gift same as you’re looking at them. If you don’t know them, just take them off your list if it’s bothering you.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #614 January, 2020, 04:51 pm.

I can’t get out much and have to go a good ways for inns, greenhouses, and fortresses so I always prioritize spell energy over everything else. I don’t mind ingredients though, particularly for baruffios or potent extimulo. I don’t mind runestones here and there but i have such a big supply I’m not really worried about running out of them like I am everything else. What stinks is I can’t always reciporocate because I can’t get out much and when I do I usually only pick up a bunch of runestones, lots of essential ones though. I try to send back what my friends tend to send me if I can. I tend to send as much energy around to people that I have too as I just assumed that’s what people want, so they don’t have to keep buying it with their coins. A lot of times lately I’m riding in the car I pass by everything so quickly I’m out of range before I can pick up anything so it’s been awhile since I’ve been able to really send stuff around so if I don’t get to you for awhile I’m not ignoring I just haven’t gotten anything

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 354 ✭✭✭
    #714 January, 2020, 04:59 pm.

Thank everyone who has responded here. I learn so much from everyone.

I wanted to write that I just re-read my original post and I hope I didn’t come across as greedy when talking about people who have opened gifts and not reciprocated. It is difficult to tell when people aren’t playing as the counter on the friends information is in my experience not accurate. I have had people friend me and then on their info shows 2+ days so I know that isn’t true because within a couple of hours of them sending the friend request I accepted it so they were just playing.

So if people have decided to no longer play it is difficult to discern that and remove them from my friend list. I don’t care if people reciprocate as I have more then I can open so it isn’t at all about that. I wish we had an in-app communication/message feature so we could msg people directly to find out their gift preferences.

seriously @Acumen you live in Potter county!!! How awesome is that!!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14 #814 January, 2020, 05:06 pm.

Right, @ClairabusGryff? That was probably my favorite part about moving here, lol. Sure, a great job offer was nice, and being closer to my aging mother so I can help her out with stuff is cool, but Potter County! 😄 I have funny priorities.

Oh, and you didn't come off as greedy at all. I totally get what you're saying. It bugs me too that it's so hard to tell whether players on your friends list are, indeed, still active.

#914 January, 2020, 05:09 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I think the active day counter thing is accurate, as long as you don’t have a gift from them. The gifts throw it off. At first, I thought it was showing when that person sent me the gift, but have found that false now. My latest theory is when that gift was originally acquired by the gifter. So a gift gathered during 12tasks of Christmas and sent out today will show 2+ days on the giftees screen. Just a theory! But as I’m sure others have noticed, when it shows 2+ days and then you open the gift, it changes to today. So the first count somehow is affected by the gift. Once the gift is gone, it shows based on the player’s activity.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1014 January, 2020, 06:19 pm.

@ClairabusGryff that’s funny you mention that cause I was just thinking the same thing this morning. I would like to know exactly what people want/need so I can prioritize everything however I need. Everyone on here has such cool ideas about how to make the game better so I really hope the developers listen to them

#1114 January, 2020, 07:58 pm.

Thank you @Dogoutlaw for the information and I get what you are saying and that makes sense. If you are correct that makes it more difficult to determine if they are no longer playing. :(

Maybe someday we will be able to communicate within the game, which would be awesome.

#1214 January, 2020, 08:14 pm.

@ClairabusGryff yes and no. I guess it depends on your friends list, but on mine, people who aren’t active, not played for weeks, etc, I’ve opened their gift by now so I see an accurate counter. It shows 2+ days, they’ve not opened my gift in a long time nor have I received a gift in a long time. I have 2-3 on my list like that, and it’s obvious they aren’t playing. One is a forum member who has explained her absence, so not too worried about her. The other is one I’m thinking of removing. I haven’t yet because their handle makes me smile every time I see it. And what else is this game for but enjoyment, so I’ve left them for the simple fact of their chosen user name🤷🏻‍♀️

#1314 January, 2020, 10:02 pm.

@Dogoutlaw yes, I have a few friends too that are on my list simply because of their names. One of my absolute favorites is HarryPaula...I think that name is brilliant. Very clever as I am not very inventive. Like I have spurts of inventiveness and they are few and far between!

#1515 January, 2020, 04:17 pm.

So one of my favorite aspects of gifting quite honestly isn't the actual gift, it is the postcard and seeing what parts of the world they came from. It is like a gift every day from the travel gods. Seeing my favorite places in the world or seeing places on my list to go to...so I really enjoy that sooooooooooooooooooo much!

I haven't earned an extravagant runestone gift to send out in over 2 weeks now. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#1615 January, 2020, 06:20 pm.

Same on extr runestone. Been weeks easily. Hubby earned one or two about a week ago tho. We battle together and I didn’t get one so....🤷🏻‍♀️

• StirlingpiperStirlingpiper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1716 January, 2020, 02:18 am.

Thanks for Starting this thread and those who have shared info! This was a very helpful thread. I’m new here but have added many friends from the new friends thread because I don’t know anyone else who plays. I love the postcards too.

• StirlingpiperStirlingpiper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1816 January, 2020, 02:21 am.

Oh and I went out today and actually picked up quite a few extravagant se and essential runestones but it was the first time in a week or so of playing everyday.

#1916 January, 2020, 09:50 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I actually got an extr runestone gift last night! woohoo! Maybe you'll get one yourself soon.

#2016 January, 2020, 10:34 pm.

@Dogoutlaw I actually earned an Extravagant Runestone Gift yesterday as well and sent it to an extraordinary forum member here who is always so helpful and kind and really needs red books too. Soooooooooooo, I will keep working as I have a list of people I would like to send them to! I felt like during the 12 tasks of Christmas they ER gifts dropped more frequently. But now that the event is over they seem like the rarest of rare gifts. So that means we need to all covet them when we earn them or even more so when we receive them. :)