January Community Day Details

2»

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3219 January, 2020, 12:55 am.

Not a bad event all-in-all. Would have loved to have seen Grawp as well as part of the event. Actually saw less of the RoR IV than expected... Had to hunt for my last few harps, but was at least able to prestige the page (finally). Also now have the Hogwarts gate page ready to prestige when I do run across the next Grawp. Fortress drops were pretty steady (about 1/4 didn't drop a family foundable) and DDs seemed to generate a decent amount of mediums up to emergencies for almost all families which was a nice surprise.

Thanks HPWU!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3319 January, 2020, 12:59 am.

@Bormacska glad to hear you had a great day! I completed the event, but I wish I was able to get outside and do a lot more. It was snowing all day here, so I was stuck inside and just had to use TTD to get all my WWW foundables. I got a decent amount, but wasn’t able to get all the harps. And yes, I agree Grawp would’ve been very helpful!

#3419 January, 2020, 01:28 am.

@MrSciGuy I totally understand the staying in! I'm sorry yours wasn't quite as fruitful, I know how frustrating that can be at times. The last CD I couldn't really take part in so it was nice to have one that wasn't so movement dependent!

We had our dump of snow this past week, so there was still some snow on the ground in places, but everyone bundled up and we started in a coffee shop so we were all caffinated. (large groups of overcaffinated 40+ yr olds all squealing when they see another Whomping Willow is pretty amusing). 😂🤣😂

I was surprised by the amount of non Wwow family foundables that showed up (time turner, Pickett, Dougal, Quidditch harry, adult nifflers, Sirius, snape, and Graves).

Was hoping to pick up a few 2k portkeys for the upcoming event, but ended up getting a 10k and two 5s so I am now holding off for the event 3ks instead. I do not want to try and walk off ten 10ks for the bonus round! 😂

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3519 January, 2020, 01:37 am.

Wow @Bormacska that is quite the hall of non-WWW rare foundables! Nice job! And that sounds like a fun time to me haha!

Yikes, yeah walking off 5 or 10k’s would not be fun for this event. I can’t believe we need to unlock five of them! Definitely need to track down some 2k’s. I currently have a 5k halfway open and a 10k a third of the way open. I’m hoping if I time it right I can get them to pop at the right time.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3619 January, 2020, 02:37 am.

@MrSciGuy 15 if we want to go for the bonus! A minimum of 6km, and more realistically around 20km, depending on silver keys and portkey distances. It will be a real challenge for those of us with mobility issues. I am planning evening walks during the week, then a weekend bike ride to try and burn off the 10. I have been really liberal with silver keys recently, as I have had a lot of 5 and 10 km portkeys (and still unable to walk far) and I am sort of regretting it!

#3719 January, 2020, 02:54 am.

@Magpie31 hopefully you can pick up a number of traces that drop silver keys for you during the next week!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3819 January, 2020, 04:55 am.

@Bormacska I am hoping the same thing! I haven't had a silver key drop in a couole of weeks now and am down to 6!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3919 January, 2020, 08:15 am.

my wife (mbs808) and i lit up a cluster of 3 inns with triple dark detectors for each of them, in hopes of grawp showing up, but no luck. as a result, she is still stuck on the Hogwarts Gate page with every image placed except for grawp (3 fragments shy of placing that last image and prestiging the page).

my hope is that future CD events will increase spawns of every foundable on a given registry page (plus special opportunities to also get any fortress-only foundables on that page — the special portkeys for hagrid’s hut and winged abraxan horse come to mind) instead of just one or two of them. excluding the pensieve during the mysterious artefacts CD and excluding grawp during today’s WWW CD just leave unprestiged pages with very little hope for completion after the CD, due to the very scarce spawn rates

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    #4019 January, 2020, 04:15 pm.

I had a lovely Community Day. An entire forest of Whomping Willows.

Is there any chance we can have our photo and eps back in the middle of our page? There's no earthly reason to have photo enhancements if you can't see them. There is already a botton for events, please put the information there.

Thanks for listening.