January Community Day Details

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 511 admin
edited January 14 in Announcements #1 latest comment 19 January, 2020, 04:15 pm.

Witches and wizards,

Get ready to gather your friends and head out around your neighbourhood to help contain the Calamity during this month’s Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Day. On January 18, you can uncover the secrets of the Room of Requirement Registry Page by returning Wonders of the Wizarding World.

For the duration of Community Day, you’ll receive the following bonuses:

• Increased sightings of Foundables from the Room of Requirement IV Wonders of the Wizarding World Registry page, plus The Whomping Willow, Weasley’s Car, and Foe Glass
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will increase the chance of encountering The Whomping Willow, Weasley’s Car, and Foe Glass Foundables
  • Dark Detector duration will be increased from 30 minutes to 1 hour
  • Brew times for all Exstimulo Potions will be reduced by 50% and will have Master Notes effectiveness increased from 15% to 50%
  • Wonders of the Wizarding World Traces will be less likely to depart
  • Spell Energy will appear on the Map
  • A Special Community Day Assignment with rewards including Wizard XP, Spell Books and Gold.
  • A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop featuring a Spell Energy and a Tonic for Trace Detection Potion

This Community Day event will take place on Saturday, January 18 from 11 a.m.–2 p.m. in your local time zone!

Tagged:

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #214 January, 2020, 12:52 am.

Thanks @hpwulola !!! I very much appreciate the addition of the Weasley car to the increase in spawns!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭
    #314 January, 2020, 02:41 am.

yes, mahalo @hpwulola for adding the weasley flying car !!

• ThargandiorThargandior Posts: 4
    #414 January, 2020, 06:44 pm.

Normally looking forward to community days as a way of boosting my XP and perhaps prestiging a page. This one however does not offer any of that.

A lot of long time players (like me) will already have completed the golden RoR-IV page and will not benefit from these encounters. As for the willow, car and foe glass - yes, these are very welcome, but if there are no Grawps and/or baby Mandrakes thrown in, there will be no opportunity for prestiging the pages.

To top that, I’ve read on wizardsunitehub that all rewards for the CD assigments are Knight Bus fragments. What if a player already has 15/15? What’s the use of these fragments?

Community Day hasn’t even begon and I’m already hugely disappointed. I’m at the point of throwing in the towl and deleting the app, to be honest...

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #615 January, 2020, 02:35 am.

Being able to finally place the womping willow & weasley carcwii be fantastic!!

Plus looking forward to use the huge time difference for Potent exstimulos as I've loads of the others.

Red books always welcome 😀

Thanks @hpwulola !!

#715 January, 2020, 07:50 am.

@Thargandior - i too have 15/15 knight bus fragments, but hope to place images of the two fortress foundables on its page — hogwarts express and platform 9.75 sign — to prestige first, and then collect the knight bus fragments rewarded from completing special assignment tasks ... please see discussion at https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/27598#Comment_27598

• ThargandiorThargandior Posts: 4
    #815 January, 2020, 11:55 am.

@kiheikid Thanks for the link! I actually figured that out; the issue is I’m still two Grawp fragments short so there’s no way of prestiging the page unless I either find those two Grawps before CD starts, or the HPWU team decides to throw in some extra Grawps :)

• MagpieStorytellMagpieStorytell Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #915 January, 2020, 03:00 pm.

Looking forward to this one! Not a lot of players here in [[Redding, CA, USA]] and a solo-focused CD is nice.

#1015 January, 2020, 06:24 pm.

Just saw this! Maybe will help with the grawps, as I know that’s a bottle neck for some.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    #1115 January, 2020, 08:01 pm.

I have a minor question for CD and brewing of potions. Is it best to have the cauldron empty if you will and then at 11:01am on CD start a potion? Meaning if you are in the middle of brewing a potent exstimulo and the CD starts the brew time isn't going to change for it right? That is the rule of thumb I have worked by for instance in the CD back this fall where we could brew BBE in 30 minutes, I arranged my cauldron to where it was empty when the event started and then started brewing. Does that make sense?

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭
    #1215 January, 2020, 08:12 pm.

Yes. Make sure they’re empty.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    #1315 January, 2020, 08:19 pm.

Gracias and Merci beaucoup @Dewin99

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15 #1415 January, 2020, 08:52 pm.

Also wait until the event starts before placing any DDs in inns, that way you immediately bring in the higher foundables set for the event rather than a regular DD.

#1515 January, 2020, 08:57 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - not only get your regular cauldron completely empty right before CD starts so you can fill the potion queue during CD, but also consider rental cauldron for 3 hours during CD if you have extra coin to spare. you may or may not need to spend an extra gold coin during final 10 minutes of brew time for your first and/or second potion to have extra time within 3 hours of CD to squeeze in an extra potion (make it a long one!) to start brewing during CD ... but definitely worth it.

@Thargandior - i agree with @Dogoutlaw about using dark detectors at inn(s) to increase your chances of encountering Grawp during CD (or even before CD if you have time and DDs to spare)

#1615 January, 2020, 09:48 pm.

Just saw this on OrangeWizard's page :(

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭
    #1715 January, 2020, 11:13 pm.

@Dogoutlaw so wait, dark detectors WON’T bring only those things? Now I’m confused lol.

#1815 January, 2020, 11:18 pm.

Fwiw:

An update / correction to the way Dark Detectors will work on community day...

#1915 January, 2020, 11:28 pm.

@MrSciGuy apparently not. :( It would have been sweet, but oh well.

#2016 January, 2020, 02:07 am.

Per Fazes on discord at 6:04 pm

@everyone Hi! 

Part 1 of the Brilliant Event: Darkest of Times starts Tuesday, January 21th at 11am PST! 

To help you on your tasks, here is where you can find the Brilliant Foundables on the Event Registry pages:

Part 1: 

Professor Burbage (3) - Wizarding Challenges with Brilliant Runestones

Professor Trewlaney (5) - Brilliant Portkey

Glass Jug of Pumpkin Juice (1) - Tasks

Post Owl (1) - Tasks

Brilliant Dumbledore (15) - Brilliant Encounter

Brilliant Fawkes (15) - Brilliant Encounter

We’ve also extended Baruffio’s Brain Elixir to last 1 hour, as opposed to the usual 30 minutes. Brilliant Portkeys will be rewarding only Wizarding XP.  

Brilliant Portkeys for this event will be 3km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. 

Plus, Part 1 will also have Bonus Assignment after the main tasks are completed. Make sure to look for these in-game. 

Hope this helps you prepare! Don’t forget to pick up your free store pack with 1 Silver Key, Ingredients for a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir, and 25 Spell Energy.

#2116 January, 2020, 02:09 am.

*sigh*. Wrong thread. I'll repost once @hpwulola creates a new thread. 🙄 Pardon the overexcitement.

#2216 January, 2020, 06:59 pm.

thank you @Dogoutlaw and @Bormacska for sharing with us here the retraction/correction by @HPWUFazes on discord re dark detectors.

i still wonder why this forum administered and moderated by @HPWUTeam cannot get the information FIRSTHAND from @HPWUFazes or anyone else on @HPWUTeam ?!?! better yet, that correction/retraction should be put in the app’s suitcase newsletter as an alert

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited January 16 #2316 January, 2020, 10:24 pm.

Weasley’s Car isn't in announcement shown in game. Why?

#2416 January, 2020, 10:31 pm.

Again from discord :

@hpwu_fazes did a cursory search but doesn't appear anyone has mentioned that the in game CD article does not reflect the addition of Weasley Car. Only states Whomping Willow and Foe Glass

Per Fazes :

I think that’s just from not having it included before we sent it to localization.

#2516 January, 2020, 10:31 pm.

Hope that helps @Hoyot!

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #2616 January, 2020, 11:01 pm.

thank you!

• anjsmom0509anjsmom0509 Posts: 2
    #2818 January, 2020, 06:37 pm.

Trace Tonic isn't going for 1 hr, only 30 min.

• anjsmom0509anjsmom0509 Posts: 2
    #2918 January, 2020, 06:37 pm.

• SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 97 ✭✭
    #3018 January, 2020, 09:05 pm.

I missed completing the task list by 2 freaking foundables. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• EchoesEchoEchoesEcho Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #3118 January, 2020, 11:10 pm.

Does anyone know if dark detectors placed in flagged areas are not bugged and spawn traces correctly? Or are they influenced by being in a flagged area/bugged? I had heard elsewhere that is was working normally now for this community day and just wanted confirmation.