Profession Reset!!

BigDaddyBearrBigDaddyBearr Posts: 5 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 14 January, 2020, 08:13 pm.

Ok, this subject only takes a google search to see hundreds of people in various different forums asking for a profession reset to be implemented to forgive previous mistakes new players had made.

Now i understand that the devs do not want people to abuse the system by freely changing profs fully depending on what they need to be for certain tasks, however there are a couple of ideas that could help counter these worries.

My first idea would be a buyable 'memory potion' from diagon alley for around £9.99 with a cooldown of 365days much like the faction change medallion in pogo, this not only helps players that want to fully min max a profession after making a few mistakes but it also stops the system being abused.

The second idea would be able to fully reset a whole profession but only be able to use the refunded items into the same profession again, but there also being an option to exchange scrolls and books in one profession for some universal ones to be used anywhere at a ratio of your choosing, ie 3 scrolls to 1 scroll etc etc.

Thanks to the devs for reading this and letting the community have our say!!

Much love.

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #213 January, 2020, 08:34 pm.

It's been a while since I've seen mention of a respec option. There was plenty of chatter about it in the first couple months. It's not something that interests me at all, but I could see how others would want it. Seems like a win-win for everyone. A flood of new revenue for the developers, and the players get what they want. Since this functionality exists in PoGo, I imagine we might see something like this included whenever a 3.0 release rolls out.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13 #313 January, 2020, 08:43 pm.

@Acumen The Pokemon-Comparison is kinda flawed since the 1 year-"reset"-option in PoGO refers to TEAMS (which are mutually exclusive) whereas he's asking for a reset of his Profession-Talents (which aren't mutually exclussive).

The better comparison would be to ask for his Pokemon to be downgraded to the Level (and Evolution) it had when it was caught (or hatched) and to have all the Stardust and Candies refunded - and before you ask, yes there would actually be a benefit in that (since there are 3 pokemon-Leagues for Duels and they're limited to a certain maximum strength) But that isn't possible in PoGO.

Ingress has something similar - you can reset your account and chose your faction again. It's called "recursing" and is only available to players that have reached maximum level - but it resets the account-level and "current" experience to zero (while storing the all-time-xp in a different variable)

Translated to HPWU, you'd be allowed to refund your scrolls and books once you've completely maxed out your talent tree in 1 profession.

#413 January, 2020, 11:28 pm.

Understood, @Lucoire. That makes sense.

• BigDaddyBearrBigDaddyBearr Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #514 January, 2020, 04:11 pm.

Waiting until max level to have a one time reset of all professions is just a silly idea though? The main reason for wanting the reset is to correct mistakes that you had previously made; saying i have to live with the mistakes until a profession is fully maxed is the same as saying one shouldn't be available at all, as by that point it would be pointless.

I sort of understand the argument about it being the same as asking for all pokemon to be reset etc but this is nowhere near the same as resetting your profession will give you no benefit over another player as your all working together and not duelling etc.

If anything id rather a player that has properly sorted his profession that one that is far behind in levels because they decided to either switch profession or made some silly mistakes.

As i said all this could be easily made so that it cannot be abused like pogos medallions, £19.99 and a year long CD or a one per account use.

#614 January, 2020, 07:30 pm.

Sounds reasonable to me. Someone else should jump in now and insist all three of us are wrong and explain why, otherwise this thread won't feel complete.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    #714 January, 2020, 07:37 pm.

I insist that all 3 of you are wrong. I really shouldn't have to explain why, it should be obvious.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14 #814 January, 2020, 07:42 pm.

I'm not opposed to the idea - it doesn't seem harmful, the risk of exploitation is low, so why not?

Thing is, I just don't get it. To me the game has no "lockout"-mechanics that would block you from experiencing certain parts of the game because of your choices. Pokemon has that, depending on your Team-Choice you can only cooperate with some people in parts of the game while all others are "competitors" (or enemies); but HPWU has no hard choices (as in "mutually exclussive" choice) and that's why I can't think of any "mistake" that would be bad enough to "warrant" this mechanic.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, that's why I had hoped you would explain what sort of "mistake" you were thinking of.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    #914 January, 2020, 07:42 pm.

Actually, a thought to be considered when talking about a respec: there are achievements for completing a certain number of lessons in each profession. I believe that all three professions award increasing numbers of potions as the badge progresses (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I can't check right now). What happens to the rewards that were received when someone respecs (and therefore has no longer completed the achievements that earned them)? It's only a few potions so it's not a huge deal, but still a slightly abusable facet of this discussion.

#1014 January, 2020, 07:48 pm.

Thank you, @MtPollux. I'll be able to get a good night's rest now. 😁

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14 #1114 January, 2020, 08:13 pm.

@MtPollux would it be feasible that you keep what you achieved with the original profession, but if you want the next achievement, you will continue to have to work for it?

@Acumen wrong, wrong, wrong... For reasons and just because! 😉😂