New Fortress Foes

OwlxOwlx Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 10 June, 2020, 03:08 pm.

Here some fun

Comment here your suggestions for new fortress foes. And tag @ someone you'd like to comment.

I am part of a large local discord. Some know I'm active here and will ask me to make suggestion and this is a recurring theme.

New Fortress foes.

Of course we would all love to see the

• dark ministry official
  • dark witch
  • baskilsic

What foes -and their category would you suggest?

Pius Thicknesse (puppet minister of Magic) -Auror

A giant or mountain troll-Professor oddity

fire crab-Magizoologist

@Acumen what would you new foes would you like to see?

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12 #212 January, 2020, 02:00 am.

I’d love to beat up a snatcher, though I imagine that’d be something an auror would be proficient at.

As a professor, perhaps a pukwudgie would be fun. 😁

How about you, @Dewin99?

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #312 January, 2020, 02:48 am.

I'd like to see dragons. REAL dragons at the peak of their strength.

If I had to implement them, none of the 3 classes would gain a Class-Advantage against them. I'd give them Defence and Defence-Breach (scaling just like Werewolves), a metric ton of Stamina and it hits light a supersonic freight-train.

I want them to feel like the KING of Magic Creatures - quite a struggle to take down but even more satisfying once you do it.

Also, I'd like to see

• Vampires (Auror)
    • Dementors (Auror)
    • Banshee (Auror)
    • Inferi (Professor)
    • Leprechauns (Professor)
    • Centaurs (Professor)
    • Basilisk (Magizoologist)
    • Hippogriff (Magizoologist)
    • Chimera (Magizoologist)
  • OwlxOwlx Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #412 January, 2020, 04:08 am.

@Acumen oooh a snatcher great!

@Lucoire Love the dragon idea!

Wonderful list.

And I'd love to battle inferi

I have a hard time with the centaur, it feels odd to me that they are foes.

Your list made me remember and look up Grindylows- water demons could be creature or curiosities.

@ClairabusGryff what would you want to battle?

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #512 January, 2020, 04:40 pm.

@Owlx I think that a group of centaurs, a Dolores Umbrige, a basilisk (elite), a female dark witch (why can’t we have a female in the mix right?), the grindylow, an elite acromantula named Aragog, all 4 of the dragons in the tri-wizard tournament, and a partridge in a pear tree. Also @kiheikid came up with the idea for an obscuris which I think is great. I won’t take credit for it. Maybe the Japanese water dragon too from MB. I would love to hear kiheikid’s ideas too. I will come up with more though for sure.

#612 January, 2020, 04:47 pm.

@ClairabusGryff LOL I'd love to battle a partridge in pear tree. Work retail our mall Christmas music starts mid November and pkays until at least mid January- Usually on a 2 to 3 hour repeat. We hate that song the most because each hour had a different version.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

#712 January, 2020, 04:49 pm.

I can only imagine @Owlx hearing all that Christmas music on repeat would be awful. I love when Christmas music starts but am always happy when it goes away.

#912 January, 2020, 05:04 pm.

Yes @Dewin99 all of that please!!

I am a magizoo and only have 4 Picketts. I adore him but need more.

And for the dragons from tri-wizard do one as an elite in each of the four fortress levels. That way people can experiment based on their current level and comfort zone in fortress’s.

To my idea of centaurs why can’t we have a herd of them? Say we hit one and he goes and rejoins the herd and another one comes out and so on. Just like in our current fortress we have the pixies that dodge our casts. The developers could make them all different with wildly differing Achilles heels.

#1012 January, 2020, 05:12 pm.

Here’s another idea: Nargles!

in a fortress, you’re surprised by the appearance of a friend rather than a foe. They seem a bit off though, casting spells at you indiscriminately. Your job is to clear their head of nargles.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1112 January, 2020, 05:26 pm.

@Acumen Yes. Just yes!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1212 January, 2020, 07:10 pm.

Imagine Hermione slashing at you like a pixie, swirling a cast like a death eater, biting at you like a werewolf/vampire/horned viper!

(maybe not throw like a leprechaun, let’s not go there with the erkling!)

#1312 January, 2020, 07:29 pm.

LoL, @Dewin99. 😄

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1412 January, 2020, 10:34 pm.

One word: Umbridge

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1512 January, 2020, 10:54 pm.

Ohhhh and her saucer cats... Or, the cats from the second fantastic beasts movie in the Paris ministry of magic?

#1613 January, 2020, 03:21 am.

Y'all are too much! Love it this thread has had me giggling all day

It must be the nargles!

So many marvelous ideas

Whispers...I hope they're listening @hpwulola

#1723 January, 2020, 05:16 am.

I thought today we need to be able to battle Fenrir Greyback as an elite foe only in both his human form-auror and werewolf form (he'd have on torn tattered clothes - professors

Also I'd like to see a dementor on the map as a curiosity.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1810 June, 2020, 12:31 pm.

Recently I've been thinking a lot about the "Proficiency" and "Deficiency" Mechanic and that has given me an idea for a new Fortress Foe:

Boggart

• when engaged in a duel, it will ALWAYS morph into an enemy against which the Player is deficient: Acromantula for Aurors, Werewolves for Magizoologists, Death Eater for Professors
    • unlike "other" foes, the boggart has an additional 100% Proficiency Power on top of the difficulty-scaled PP (to ensure that even the Players that finished their Profession-Lessons can "enjoy" their worst nightmare)
  • Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1910 June, 2020, 03:08 pm.

@Lucoire That is simultaneously brilliant and awful!