Formidable pixies

CBG92CBG92 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
in SOS Assignments #1 latest comment 23 February, 2020, 09:05 pm.

I’m making my own post since my comment seems to have vanished into thin air but, who all here has completed the S.O.S assignment where you have to defeat 10 formidable pixies? I have found one and the rest I’ve come across have all been common as well as tons of acromantulas, erklings, wizards, and death eaters. I’ve looked around for tips, including switching my profession, to help look for them but to no avail. Any advice on where or how I might find them would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #211 January, 2020, 10:39 pm.

Might I suggest that you search for exactly that (formidable pixies) in the bar at the top. We have a number of threads on this subject! I am guessing that you are around level 26? We have a lovely couple of researchers who collected data and posted info a while ago. It appears that the data is still pretty good.

The other thread to pull up is formidable pixies and how to consistently find them. 😉

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    #311 January, 2020, 10:49 pm.

@Bormacska I believe that’s where I posted my comment the first time. I’ll have to look for it again and that thread too. Thank you!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #412 January, 2020, 12:59 am.

@CBG92 defo search for those threads, many people struggled with that task and commented on them.

As to your missing comment... sometimes when you post something, a very small line will pop up at bottom of your screen saying your comment has gone in for moderation and will post when approved. It’s fairly small, only shows for a few seconds, so is easy to miss. It’s happened to all of us (and it’s frustrating), and you can either try posting again, or waiting a bit to see if the comment returns from moderation limbo. The admins have made changes occasionally to reduce the frequency of that, but it still happens. Just thought I’d mention in case you run into that again.

#512 January, 2020, 02:46 am.

Well that explains it since it’s been a few days now. Thank you. As for the pixies I’ve been reading and maybe I just don’t have the right profession. I did try quite a few of the tips listed for Aurors before changing to C.O.M.C but maybe I should be a professor. I’ll keep reading. Thank you!

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #612 January, 2020, 07:33 am.

What is your profession? That should be the beginning of the conversation

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #712 January, 2020, 04:11 pm.

I too, struggled with this achievement as I am a magizoo. I invested some scrolls into the auror profession and hit up some fortresses with that profession. I was able to complete it finally. So good luck to you with those pesky pixies!!

#823 February, 2020, 09:05 pm.

Update: it seems it's easier to find them when I'm not playing alone! I still only have 5/10 but way more than I had. Not only that but higher chambers seem to spawn them slightly more frequently, for me at least as a professor