Connection lost error caused by Download Booster option on Samsung devices

PhelterbushPhelterbush Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 16 in Known Issues #1 latest comment 28 May, 2020, 04:38 pm.

My game has been totally messed up for days, accessing my suitcase or ministry ID crashed the game (android)

I've also gotten the random " connection lost. Check your wifi or mobile data" I can assure you, my wifi and mobile data are fine as everything else works good.

I have completed uninstalled the game and re-installed, now I cannot connect ever as the " connection lost " error comes up every time.

I'm really at a point that I'm considering not playing anymore :(

Post edited by HPWUrobert on
Tagged:
0 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

Download Booster setting on Samsung devices causes connection errors

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #210 January, 2020, 05:16 pm.

Can you please give phone model, os, and where you downloaded the app from? That may help the admins troubleshoot the issue.

• PhelterbushPhelterbush Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #310 January, 2020, 05:24 pm.

Galaxy 7 edge, android, play store

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #410 January, 2020, 09:55 pm.

I have that happen from time to time also and I have an Iphone XS Max so when that happens I close out the game and then hard start my phone. That always works for me but we have different phones. I wish you luck!

• PhelterbushPhelterbush Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #514 January, 2020, 03:14 pm.

Found an article claiming the "download booster" in android is the issue.

Even though I have been running the booster the entire time I've played the game, i went ahead and disabled it, re-booted and re-installed the game, just to be sure.

It fixed the issue 🤷‍♀️

#614 January, 2020, 04:50 pm.

Oh wow. Well, I’m glad you figured that out, and maybe it will help others reading this thread.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 464 admin
    #716 January, 2020, 07:56 pm.

Troubleshooting the issue with download booster is detailed in this help center article: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/hpwizardsunite/?p=web&s=troubleshooting&f=i-cannot-get-the-app-to-load-or-i-see-a-blank-screen

• BigBeardedBigBearded Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #823 January, 2020, 02:59 pm.

Brilliant Foundables were locking app up. Logged out and back in. Downloaded assets which also gave error. Cleared cache and data. Still got error. Reinstalled app after restarting phone. Now I get Connection Lost error before it even loads. Issues didnt start until latest event started. Also using spells to quicken potions would cause a restart error that never resolved. All permissions are in place. Tested with WiFi and mobile data. Galaxy S10+

• BigBeardedBigBearded Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #923 January, 2020, 04:27 pm.

Figured it out. Download booster was on and that appears to have corrected the issue.

• MugobelinMugobelin Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1003 February, 2020, 09:48 pm.

Not solved at all! Iphone 6, since this evening getting “network error”-message over and over again!!

#1104 February, 2020, 10:26 pm.

@Mugobelin this thread is for people with Samsung, not iPhones. Look for another thread that matches your issue.

• AquilionAquilion Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1228 May, 2020, 04:38 pm.

I have truly had it trying to play this game. I am lucky enough to have two phone, both android Samsung devices. One has had this issue with connection failures for over a year. The last update allegedly fixed connection failure issues, among other fixes, but that simply is not the case. I have not been able to play this game for close to a year. I tried on my other device with no success. Now that I cannot play on since the fix on my desired device, I will be uninstalling and taking my monthly spend to any other game I can get my hands on. This is, to put it painfully simple, embarrassing for such a large endeavor of programmers and funding to not be competent and capable to fix such a limiting bug for so long.