no one wants ingredient giftboxes ??

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Gifts #1 latest comment 10 February, 2020, 09:46 am.

just curious, is there anyone here who actually wants ingredient giftboxes* ??

i feel guilty deleting ingredient giftboxes before sending them out — perhaps similar to throwing away food when others are starving — but if no one actually wants ingredient giftboxes, then maybe no guilt

* excluding potent exstimulo potion giftboxes, which always are nice to receive

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8 #208 January, 2020, 08:11 am.

I loved them during the 12 tasks because they came with unicorn hair and valuable stuff. Now I am less impressed.

Maybe to make them worthwhile, they need to be guaranteed to come with a rare or uncommon item - 1 unicorn hair, 1 dragon claw, 2 toadstools or wormwood.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #308 January, 2020, 11:53 am.

also, as previously noted at

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/23934#Comment_23934

HPWU still has not addressed the problem of ingredients being awarded via giftbox out of proportion to the formula/recipe requirement for the potion such ingredients are used for — and thereby turning what should be an asset into a liability

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #408 January, 2020, 01:56 pm.

The only ingredient boxes I open are dawdle or BBE. The basic ones aren’t worth loosing one tenth of my gift opening allocation for a bubertuber or dittany- stuff that I can pick up every hour on the hour. But that is just me. Of course the extravagant or potent exstimulo are awesome too. Yesterday was my seven year work anniversary so after work I took my daughter out for a nice long dinner so I played a lot yesterday and accumulate right under 100 gifts but because we can only hold 30 gifts prior to sending them out I always delete the basic ingredient gifts. Because for me when you have a BBE going and are actively playing I don’t want to take the time to send out gifts so I monitor how many gifts I have a delete those pesky basic ingredient gifts.

Having said that I have read on here that some people do prefer ingredient gifts due to living in rural areas or whatnot. So that is my two cents on the topic!

Oh @kiheikid yesterday I got the 20k potion ingredient achievement and scored 47k wiz XP the whole day. Having the BBE last an hour really helps! That just maybe the highlight to this frosty event.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #508 January, 2020, 03:13 pm.

The funny part is I don't mind receiving basic ingredient gifts at all, but I'd rather not send them if I can avoid it. I think that's natural though. Most people tend to hold themselves to a higher standard than others. I'm happy with whatever I receive, but I want to deliver the best.

#608 January, 2020, 07:48 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - congratulations.

50 gold coins is a pretty nice reward for that achievement.

in contrast, for the win 1000 wizarding challenges achievement which i only completed this weekend, i received ... (drumroll / toiletpaper roll, please) 50 scrolls ! 🤣

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #708 January, 2020, 08:14 pm.

Hehehehe @kiheikid !

Also today on my 5th try I got that last Quidditch Stand I needed. My results were so similar to yours it’s kind of crazy. But at least I prestiged the page. So now I can work on all the quidditch Ron’s!!

#808 January, 2020, 11:16 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - 🎉 woohoo, persistence pays off !! glad you made it.

• HOOTowl09HOOTowl09 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #909 January, 2020, 12:05 am.

Personally, I prefer regular ingredient gifts over regular spell energy gifts. Not necessarily because the items in them are spectacular, but in the evening when I'm opening my gifts, I may be full on my spell energy, meaning I can't open any of those. I can always find room for more ingredients to open. So even though it may be something I can just pick up, or something I'm going to discard later, at least I can open it which makes me feel better than hoping a trace shows up so I can use spell energy since sometimes I may be down to only have spell energy gifts. It may not make sense, but since I'm allowed to open 10 gifts, by golly, I want to open 10 every day. Sometimes, perhaps not often, it even is something I was having trouble finding, albeit one usually doesn't help to agree with @kiheikid point about not getting them in the same increment that we pick them up in.

I do agree with @Acumen though, I don't tend to send out basic ingredient gifts unless I have no better options.

#1010 February, 2020, 09:41 am.

as much as i enjoy visiting greenhouses for the ingredients, i dread both giving and receiving ingredient giftboxes now (other than potent exstimulo potion giftboxes, which i very much love giving and receiving). from now on, i will probably just delete any such ingredient giftboxes rewarded from greenhouses rather than send them out to folks on my friends list ... golden rule, right?

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1110 February, 2020, 09:46 am.

Because I only have about 8 friends who send and open gifts regularly, I really don't mind ingredient gifts too much. But they really aren't my favourite.