January Events Announcement and Calendar

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 455 admin
edited January 7 in Announcements #1 latest comment 17 January, 2020, 08:35 pm.

As a new year unfolds, the mysterious Calamity appears to be already at work, surfacing memories of Dumbledore, particularly those tied to his fight against Voldemort. While these occurrences offer a grim reminder of Voldemort and his history of nefarious deeds, fortunately, even in the darkest of times, we remember how happiness can be found. Inspired by Dumbledore’s wisdom, perseverance and love, we find light and hope by remembering his legacy of fighting the darkness.

❄️JANUARY 7–JANUARY 14 : Frosty Foundable Event

• Brace yourself for the cold and help free Foundables trapped in the frosty clutches of ice Confoundables.

❄️JANUARY 18 : Community Day
  • Uncover secrets of the Room of Requirement Registry Page by returning Wonders of the Wizarding World. Keep an eye out for especially rare Wonders such as the Foe Glass and Whomping Willow. 

❄️January 21–28 : Darkest of Times Brilliant Event Part 1
  • Remember our favorite Hogwarts Headmaster by returning Brilliant Foundables including Dumbledore and Fawkes. 

❄️Coming in February : Darkest of Times Brilliant Event Part 2
  • Honor Dumbledore’s legacy by returning Brilliant Foundables related to key memories of his fight against Voldemort, including the Pensieve.
Tagged:

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭
    #207 January, 2020, 07:05 pm.

@hpwulola Awesome! Thank you for the first official calendar of the year for this month. Really looking forward to all the events for the year ahead. 😃

The picture below by @OrangeWizard2019 was shared in a local group chat and I thought it would be good to share it on this thread too.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #307 January, 2020, 07:22 pm.

@hpwulola I though that you said that we were still getting Brilliant events for the month. It looks like we are missing out on one for the Frosty Foundables. Looks like we will be missing out on 15 Restricted Section Books. Not as bad as missing all the events in September, if you were unable to go to Indianapolis, but this is still a big hit to Professors, who get set back for another two weeks.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭✭
    #407 January, 2020, 07:33 pm.

hmm, who is the blonde witch in the graphic for brilliant event week 1 ??

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 354 ✭✭✭
    #507 January, 2020, 08:11 pm.

@kiheikid I was thinking the exact same thing. In the story line the only blonde witch was Luna Lovegood. But didn't Albus Dumbledore have a sister? Maybe that is her?

• NerdyBakerNerdyBaker Posts: 2
    #607 January, 2020, 10:41 pm.

I'm used to events having special tasks, has anyone been thrown off by the Frosty event not having any? For sure, I figured I would need to focus on the frozen confoundables to unlock something, but no cigar 4 hours in.

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #707 January, 2020, 11:13 pm.

Yay for a calender!!! And double yay for Community Day on the 18th! Our itty-bitty town has a mini wine tasting-festival that evening, so it will be a fun day!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #808 January, 2020, 02:50 pm.

@NerdyBaker this event is similar to the LOH potions classroom event in Nov-Dec. It’s also similar to a CD but longer duration.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    #909 January, 2020, 11:21 pm.

Per Fazes on discord at 3:05pm pst

@everyone Hi!

We’ve updated Harry Potter: Wizards Unite with the following:

Photo Mode:

- Added Photo Mode for the Fawkes Foundable

General:

- Support for upcoming Community Day and Brilliant Event

Enjoy!

edited January 9 #1009 January, 2020, 11:21 pm.

Aka, check assets 😉, although oddly enough mine aren't coming up with anything to update?

#1110 January, 2020, 01:37 am.

Thanks @Bormacska !

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    #1210 January, 2020, 06:18 pm.

@hpwulola A quick question for you. Could you tell us if the challenge xp rewards in fortress challenges are going to be increased on Community Day (as they sometimes have done previously) please? Thanks in advance.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1312 January, 2020, 09:29 pm.

So release Quidditch captain

N Harry already. It's discouraging to have brooms and Goblets of Fire all around and not be able to prestige a page lacking one Harry.

#1413 January, 2020, 08:51 pm.

Per Fazes at 12:05 pm, pst on discord:

@everyone Hi! 

Community Day is happening this month on January 18th from 11am-2pm local time.

Here are the details:

- Increased Encounters from Room of Requirement IV Wonders of the Wizarding World Registry page, plus The Whomping Willow, Weasley’s Car, and Foe Glass Encounters 

- Using Tonic for Trace Detection will increase your chances of seeing - The Whomping Willow, Weasley’s Car, and Foe Glass Encounters

- Reduce brew times for all Exstimulo Potions by 50% 

- Increase Master Notes effectiveness from 15% to 50%  

- Wonders of the Wizarding World Encounters will be less likely to depart 

- Increase Dark Detector duration from 30 minutes to 1 hour 

- A Special Community Day Assignment with rewards including Wizard XP, Spell Books, and Gold.

- Spell Energy on the Map

- Landmarks will be turned off on the Map

Have fun!

#1513 January, 2020, 08:58 pm.

@Bormacska lol you beat me to it, was just going to do the same!

#1613 January, 2020, 09:07 pm.

sorry @Dogoutlaw, you get the next one! 😉

#1713 January, 2020, 09:28 pm.

The following pics relating to community day were shared in my local group, thought it would be good to share them here too 😊

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    #1813 January, 2020, 10:04 pm.

Great! Can’t wait. I like the “less likely to depart “ bit, am hoping to finish prestiging Room of Requirement IV, and love the Whomping Willow animation!

I’m stocked up on potions and Dark Detectors, ready to go.

I’m assuming there won’t be any extra challenge XP in fortress challenges, so I’ll keep my L4 &L5 runestones for another day.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    #2014 January, 2020, 11:46 pm.

@ClairabusGryff Incendio is my least favourite spell, but I am finally able to get good and great casts after a week of it. Plus, the xp was good.

#2115 January, 2020, 12:04 am.

I agree @Magpie31 i did finally get better at Incendio. And really loved the amazing extra WXP. And after a week of doing it 90% of the day I did get better. Ur not once did I ever get a masterful. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten a masterful on it. If so, they get all of my respect.

edited January 15 #2215 January, 2020, 01:30 am.

@ClairabusGryff congratulations on the whomping willow.

I get the feelings for Incendio. Not one of my best spells either, but the event did help in getting some practice to get better. Finally started getting more great casts for it. I have been able to get a masterful on it a few times, but it’s been rare. It’s mainly been this spell and the ‘M’ that I’ve generally struggled with. Getting masterful on either feels like an accomplishment.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2315 January, 2020, 02:22 am.

@Magpie31 & @ClairabusGryff i was the same with Incendio (the Star Trek one as I call it) b4 the event if i ever got a top end "good" id think...oooh, check me out!!! ....now, how did i do that again!? 😂

By end of week I was always getting a 'good' and sometimes -tho rarely a 'great' so it didnt really improve for me much & i agree it was torturous 😂

I want an event with that XP but for 'ebulio'...that would be cool- I've cracked that one 😀

#2415 January, 2020, 02:28 am.

Looking forward to all the events as usual! Im hoping to see a few more of the registry page Dumbledore b4 the Brilliant event as that often happens, that would be fab!

Il get to finally use some of my 80+ unicorn hair in brewing too, im thinking il stick those on with both cauldrons & see if i can sneak the usual Baruffio in at the end of rental.

I need 5 Knight Buses on the page too so that one is gonna come in very handy! Love it! 😀

#2515 January, 2020, 04:22 pm.

@AuroraKadavra since I found out about the details of the CD I have been brewing nothing but potents but still have 85 unicorn hairs, not that I am complaining. My potion vault is almost full at 136/145. Which is of course a GREAT problem to have.

Congrats on needing 5 Knight Bus frags...I need 7 so hopefully I can get one more between now and the event so I may prestige the page after the first hour or so of the event.

This CD is going to be F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!

#2616 January, 2020, 10:05 am.

Wow- i bow to your potions vault @ClairabusGryff ! Lol- ok, i just opened the game up cos was think that's waay more than mine so will see what it is- and mines 145 too!! Yay - ✋ Hi-5 gurl!!! 😂

Coffee- clearly need more coffee!!

I have 50 healing in there which is largely due to the awesome gifts that send a bottle of that out- can't remem which one, is it the Essential runestone I think? But they're great!

Good luck on the knight bus fragment- I'm sure you'll have that before Saturday 😊

@OriginalCaruso and @Dewin99 I am fully stocked on potions & ready for some serious battling at our meet on 16th Feb! 😀 - taking Caruso up on his kind offer of accommodation as its quite a drive there & back in a day for my dodgy achilles, so il not have to clock watch & can send many a death-eater & dark wizard to the hereafter!

Thankyou all for the wonderful gifts that make my day!! ❤

#2716 January, 2020, 06:57 pm.

Woo boo @AuroraKadavra we have a matchup matchup potions vault!! 😘😘

You have 50 healing potions - yikes!!! Time to do some spring cleaning of your bvault to free up some space!! Did I send you the correct gift recently? I had a potent exstimulo saved for you but may have sent you the wrong gift honestly I can’t remember. 🎁🎁🎁

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭
    #2817 January, 2020, 08:35 pm.

@AuroraKadavra - I’m not ignoring you or anyone just very busy at work, new contract and database technology to learn (lookup Snowflake Data Warehouse if you can be bothered)

Looking forward to meeting up with you and @Dewin99 soon!