Unable to enable camera permissions on iOS device

LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
edited January 22 in Known Issues #1 latest comment 22 April, 2020, 04:16 pm.

Anyone having issues with portkeys ? I can’t get mine to open 🤦🏻‍♀️ I get an error message saying I need to enable camera permissions (which I had already done) but now when I click on enable- it takes me to my settings and there is no option for me to enable?? Is this an app issue or an Apple issue? (iPhone SE). My camera function is available for other apps that require camera - but it is missing in the HPWU app settings. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I do not have the same problem with confoundables - they work just fine (and use my camera so confused?).

Post edited by HPWUblue on

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #205 January, 2020, 04:52 pm.

That's strange, @LadyRedIII. I haven't encountered that issue yet. The camera and photo options exist in my settings, and I'm also on an iPhone. You might need to remove the game from your phone and reinstall it.

There's also a setting in the game to enable gyroscope for portkeys that is turned on by default. I turned this off so I'll no longer look like I'm belly dancing in public when opening portkeys. With both this setting and AR+ disabled, you'll enter the room automatically and you can swipe to pan around.

Maybe turning off AR+ and Gyroscope will help. If not, reinstalling is your best bet, I think.

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #305 January, 2020, 05:00 pm.

Thanks @Acumen ! I’ll try the gyroscope first. Hoping I don’t have to reinstall the app 🤦🏻‍♀️

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #405 January, 2020, 05:06 pm.

@Acumen this maybe a stupid question as I have never had to uninstall and then reinstall but does anything negative happen if you do that??

Good luck @LadyRedIII !! Sorry for the issues!!

#505 January, 2020, 05:13 pm.

thank you @ClairabusGryff ! Hopefully nothing bad will happen with reinstalling - but I’m always worried I will lose everything. I avoid that solution as if it was a death sentence usually 😅

#605 January, 2020, 05:14 pm.

It did trigger a couple bugs in the past, @ClairabusGryff. For example, the fact that you have a fresh install but don't have to go through the profession tutorial when you reach Level 4 (since you're already past that) would leave a permanent red dot on your suitcase and profession icon. @Ginnungagap did some testing to narrow down the root cause, reported it, and this has been addressed.

As of now, I'm not aware of any issues with reinstalling. All your stats and inventory will remain intact. If I recall correctly, the only thing that isn't saved is your Ministry ID picture. I've never had to reinstall though, so someone else might be aware of other issues you might run into.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #705 January, 2020, 05:22 pm.

Thank you for the information as always @Acumen !

Hopefully @LadyRedIII wont have any problems if she has to uninstall and reinstall then! Good luck lady!!

#805 January, 2020, 05:34 pm.

thank You @Acumen for the assurances! Trying it now. The other tip didn’t pan out

#905 January, 2020, 05:35 pm.

Thank you @ClairabusGryff ! *fingers crossed*

....here goes nothing... 😅

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1005 January, 2020, 07:20 pm.

Nothing important is post when you reinstall, but make sure you have wifi because you'll have to download assets again.

#1105 January, 2020, 07:39 pm.

@Acumen deleting and reinstalling worked! Thank you for the advice 👏🏻

@ClairabusGryff everything is back to normal and I didn’t lose anything 🥳

@MtPollux i haven’t put assets back but I will ASAP! Just happy to have the game back working again. 😄

#1205 January, 2020, 08:22 pm.

Well, that’s great news! Glad that’s sorted out. One less thing. 😊

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    #1305 January, 2020, 08:33 pm.

I have too. The options don’t disappear for me but every time I opened the app the message would appear and not only that but I would go to settings and permissions are enabled. I think it’s a bug

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1405 January, 2020, 09:24 pm.

@LadyRedIII I know I'm a little late on this, and I hope you don't have any issues from the re-install. My only warning would be some people are reporting seeing the Fortress tutorial again and it's causing a glitch. None reported they re-installed recently, so it might be unrelated but... Maybe when you have some time, stop by a fortress and try a quick battle in ruins chamber with a 1 runestone. One you don't mind losing, just in case. I'd be curious to know how that goes if you're able to report back. Hopefully all will be well, but good luck all the same!

#1506 January, 2020, 05:00 am.

@Dogoutlaw the fortress worked just fine! I spent about an hour in there burning through some runestones without any problems 🥳

🧙🏻‍♀️+💀=🎁

• KingysQueenKingysQueen Posts: 5
    #1606 January, 2020, 09:55 am.

Hi this has nothing to do with your discussion but I play wizards unite everyday and I have no in game friends so here is my friend code

- "1247 8092 4541 " - if anyone wishes to friend me in the wizards unite app please copy and paste my friend code into friends section and I will be happy to send you gifts and be helpful on a daily basis when it comes to the game please and thank you for your time and consideration I look forward to playing wizards unite with you soon.....

#1706 January, 2020, 01:25 pm.

That seemed awfully bot-like. 😕

Still, in case I’m wrong, there’s a category for sharing friend codes over here, @KingysQueen:

#1806 January, 2020, 02:40 pm.

Thanks @Acumen for the link share

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1906 January, 2020, 04:18 pm.

@LadyRedIII hooray!!! Great news, I’m glad it wasn’t an issue.

• DragonQueen9thDragonQueen9th Posts: 1
    #2001 February, 2020, 01:17 am.

I’m trying to give Wizard’s Unite access to my camera however every time I tap allow it just takes me to the app’s settings in my Settings app

• Abayomi99Abayomi99 Posts: 0
    #2113 March, 2020, 11:13 pm.

I try to open portkey. I tap on it, it tells me to enable camara I tap on Allow it takes to to settings

where

i find no option to enable camara. Help!

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 425 mod
    #2216 March, 2020, 05:08 pm.

Welcome to the Community @Abayomi99! I've merged your post with a related discussion. To enable Camera Permission on your iOS device, remove the app, restart your device, and re-install it from the App Store. You should be able to see the Camera Permission now.

Alternatively, follow these steps after reinstalling the app:

1. Launch the Settings app from your Home screen
    2. Tap on Privacy
    3. Select Camera
    4. Toggle the switch next to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite to allow access

Hi @DragonQueen9th, is this issue resolved for you? Let me know otherwise. Cheers!

• NushkinsNushkins Posts: 0
    #2321 April, 2020, 10:50 pm.
  • HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 425 mod
    #2422 April, 2020, 04:16 pm.

@Nushkins welcome to the Community! I've merged your post with a similar discussions to make it easier for others to find.

To resolve this issue:

1. Remove Harry Potter: Wizards Unite from your device
    2. Restart your device
    3. Re-install the app from the App Store

You should be able to see the Camera Permission now, enable it. Let me know if you need more help. Cheers!