frosty foundables event guide (jan. 2020)

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 4 in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 08 January, 2020, 08:56 pm.

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #204 January, 2020, 01:44 am.
    #304 January, 2020, 01:48 am.

so i will be trying to get my last 2 fragments of quidditch pitch stands, between now and start of event, so i can then try to get 1 more fragment of quidditch keeper ron weasley and prestige the page after the event starts

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #404 January, 2020, 02:44 am.

@kiheikid that is one of my three I am missing right now so please let me know what your luck is with them. And good luck to you!!

#504 January, 2020, 07:36 pm.

@kiheikid I got my quidditch pitch stand in Forest I. So try that.

#604 January, 2020, 09:05 pm.

congrats, @ClairabusGryff - i’ll give it several tries (since i need 2 fragments).

by the way, do you still need spell energy? i have been saving runestone giftboxes to send you but can switch over to SE if you need that more, for now

#704 January, 2020, 09:36 pm.

I am caught up on spell energy but thank you for asking @kiheikid !!

please let me know if Forest I gives the Quidditch stands! I realized that I needed two instead of one. 😁👌 Good luck @kiheikid and everyone else good luck too who needs the Quidditch Stands in order to prestige that page. I have all of my quidditch Ron’s. 😃

#804 January, 2020, 11:24 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - i went 0 for 2 today but did not have much too much time. first time was in forest chamber 1 solo and i got rooked. second time i teamed up with da missus and conquered dark chamber 5 together, and got a fragment for the tri-wizard cup. will try again later - still lots of time left.

#905 January, 2020, 12:21 am.

Sorry you didn’t have great results. This week try Forest one and let me know how it goes. I don’t have anymore of those runestones right now so will open rune gifts tomorrow!!

#1005 January, 2020, 12:48 am.

@ClairabusGryff - will do. i have plenty of MG&S runestones and wish i could cherrypick some to share with ya!

#1105 January, 2020, 02:45 am.

Wow @kiheikid you are stocked! I have been trying for weeks to prestige that page. I will get there eventually!!

#1205 January, 2020, 08:49 am.

@ClairabusGryff - i’ll try to send you a daily runestone giftbox, though it is a crapshoot as to which family the runestone will be

#1305 January, 2020, 05:03 pm.

@kiheikid thank you as always for the time gift you sent me - it was a level 4 dark arts rune. 👌😁 Since the Halloween event I have all fortress level fragments for all DA pages so I am saving my DA tunes until I can prestige some of those pages. But of the other rune gifts I was blessed to open today (thank you everyone) I did get one lvl 3 MG&S rune so I will hit up ForestI today to get that last Quidditch Pitch stands fragment so I can prestige that page before the event starts Tuesday!

I currently have over 200 runestones but I try to get 2 red spell books every 48 hours or so. ( I am rank 85/1720). So in a week I get around 6 red spell books. The lesson I am wanting to get requires 25 reds and I have 10 so in about 2.5 weeks I should get that lesson. Then I will have 9 more lessons to grind reds for before I finish the current lesson plan. I want to finish at least this lesson plan before I can tackle DarkI solo. That is my plan!!

#1405 January, 2020, 05:55 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - congrats on getting Quidditch Pitch Stands fragment 14/15 and good luck on getting the final one you need to place the image and then prestige. just sent you another runestone giftbox - hope it is a MG&S runestone 🤞🏼- bummer it is such the hit or miss situation when one really needs runestones for a particular exploration family!

#1505 January, 2020, 05:57 pm.

True true @kiheikid ! Thank you as always for the gift. Let me know if you are able to place that image!!

#1606 January, 2020, 01:16 am.

@ClairabusGryff - halfway there - was at 13/15 and now at 14/15 after going 1 for 3 (actually 1 for 4 because the last runestone i played was a MOM level 3 runestone that i mistook for a MGS one - lots of glare on my screen this afternoon so i could not tell the colors apart as easily).

three MGS level 3 runestones played in Forest chamber 1, consecutively. first yielded a Quidditch Through The Ages fragment; second yielded a Triwizard Cup fragment; and third yielded Quidditch Pitch Stands fragment #14.

will try again meñana.

edited January 6 #1706 January, 2020, 10:08 pm.

@Well cru d @kiheikid ...I had one MG&S rune today and I used it in Forest I and I got the Triwizard Cup fragment. So tomorrow I will only open runestone gifts. I really wish I could be more strategic about the fortress frags we need versus the crapshoot it is now for me. Not that there should be a guide on every fragment because that isn't logical but maybe it's just Murphy's Law...the very thing you need, you don't get. The moment you stop trying to attain said needed item is when you get it. Just maybe??

Post edited by hpwulola on
    edited January 7 #1807 January, 2020, 12:46 am.

@ClairabusGryff - yeah, i am beginning to question how desirable fortress chamber 1 really is for fragment mining when it really counts.

from the chart at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18iEvxZdFMUjYQzHeDHDWyZ0OWFEQ6d7hfB1ly08Cxjc/htmlview?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf#

it looks like ruins2, ruins5, and tower5 have higher incidences of returning a q-pitch stands frag than forest1

that said, best percentage chance for q-pitch stands frag might be at forest3 (6/16 = 37.5%) but even then it is only barely better than one-third chance that a rewarded fragment (if at all) will be the q-pitch stands instead of tri-wizard cup or quidditch through the ages. overall odds are not in our favor.

Post edited by kiheikid on
    #1907 January, 2020, 01:21 am.

Thank you @kiheikid ! I will try those three levels tomorrow. Runestones pending of course! Good luck to you too sir!! 👌👌👌😁😁😁

#2007 January, 2020, 02:52 am.

@ClairabusGryff - got it! expensive but worth it

it took me 5 attempts, all in ruins chamber 5:

1. level 3 runestone - triwizarding cup
    2. level 3 runestone - quidditch through the ages
    3. level 3 runestone (my last one) - robbed due to so-called server error even though the connection was strong the whole time before and after
    4. level 4 runestone - robbed; no family fragment
    5. level 4 runestone - quidditch pitch stands 15/15

reported the lost runestone episode to the in-app bot

for now, the cost of 5 runestones (levels 3&4) seems pretty steep but worth it as soon as i can get my next quidditch keeper ron fragment and then prestige the page

i’ll do my best to keep sending you runestone giftboxes, one a day, if you keep opening them.

#2107 January, 2020, 03:08 am.

Woohoo Congratulations @kiheikid ! Perseverance always works! Tomorrow I will be hitting up ruin 5 then! So happy for you!!

#2207 January, 2020, 03:12 am.

Oh and I loose on one or two runestones a week to server/connection issues even though I am in my office and I work for the company I have my cell phone service through so I don’t really understand that. But oh well! I get more runestones a week then I can use so I just deal with it. Except when it is a level 5 and then I cuss a lot. Which isn’t necessarily good because I work in HR. Hehehehe. And thank you as always for the amazing runestone gifts!!

#2307 January, 2020, 06:03 am.

good luck hunting, @ClairabusGryff !!

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #2408 January, 2020, 04:54 am.

I scored a couple items in the registry today PLUS I leveled up in challenges twice! Must have been doing the wrong chambers though (or wasn’t paying attention to which runestones I was using) because I didn’t get many frags from fortress for the magical sports.

nicr job @kiheikid ! And hope you get yours tomorrow @ClairabusGryff 🤩

#2508 January, 2020, 07:35 am.

thank you @LadyRedIII - i hear ya; today i went 0-for-4 playing four level 3 runestones (three MG&S and one HS9&3/4) in a sponsored fortress ruins chamber 5 and got rooked (no exploration family fragments) each time. picked up my marbles (runestones) and quit that no good sponsored fortress, and went to a nonsponsored fortress 5 minutes away - there, i went 2-for-2 playing two level 3 runestones (both Oddities) and getting a horned serpent egg and a centaur bow in ruins chamber 5

• KeekthesneakKeekthesneak Posts: 2
    #2608 January, 2020, 03:28 pm.

Hi! I have been trying for weeks (ok probably only since I found out about the frosty foundables) to get my quidditch pitch stands and now I am out of runestunes! Would any of you want to add me as a friend and send me runestone gifts to help in my quest? I would be soo happy. My code is:

4942 6576 8844

#2708 January, 2020, 08:56 pm.

@LadyRedIII i finally got my 15/15 today Quidditch Pitch Stands! I have been trying for over a month to get it as everything else in the page was placed. @kiheikid had success in ruin level 5 so I did 5 of them over the last two days and finally got it. Also LadyRedIII depending on your professional skill tree play the level that you can comfortably get through without using any potions or too much spell energy and stick to those levels to grind for red spell books. When I was in my level 20’s I stuck primarily with ruin level 4 or 5 and in my later 20’s and early 30’s I moved up to tower 2&3 and now I play Forest one just fine. Make sense?