Frosty Foundables Event Detals

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 792 admin
in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 14 January, 2020, 04:56 am.

Witches and wizards,

A wintry chill has befallen Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, putting multiple Foundables on ice. Prepare to bundle up and head out around your neighborhood to help shatter ice Confoundables and restore some meteorological balance ❄️

From January 7 at 11 a.m. PT to January 14 at 11 a.m. PST join in the frozen fun by encountering:

• Increased sightings of Foundables trapped in ice Confoundables, including Hippogriffs and the Nimbus 2000.
  • Increased Wizard XP when returning Foundables trapped by ice Confoundables.
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will increase your chances of encountering rare Foundables trapped in ice Confoundables.
  • Baruffio’s Brain Elixir duration will be increased from 30 mins to a full hour.
Tagged:

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #203 January, 2020, 09:50 pm.

Awesome, thanks @hpwulola !!

#303 January, 2020, 10:06 pm.

I'm sure OrangeWizard2019 will probably make a graphic showing which foundables are trapped in ice, but in the meantime:

Hippogriff

Hag

Hufflepuff Student

Harry and Parvati

Ministry Official

Quidditch Keeper Ron

Nimbus 2000

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #403 January, 2020, 10:23 pm.

Woohoo - thank you so much for this.

I can't recall the name of the cast we have to do for ice confoundables but I despise and hate it with a passion. I have never ever gotten over a "good" cast on it and mainly get "fair" so I am not looking forward to that part. Anyone have any tips on that spell?

#503 January, 2020, 10:41 pm.

@ClairabusGryff Incendio and it's definitely one of my worse spells. It's very inconsistent for me. I can do it perfectly traced (on rare occasion, but it happens) and the little cursor won't budge for good accuracy. Then I can do one that isn't accurate at all, and the cursor will upgrade my cast for accuracy... ****?

#603 January, 2020, 10:43 pm.

LOL, the moderator bot knows acronyms!! So I'll write it out and see what happens. What the heck is what I meant at the end.

#703 January, 2020, 10:45 pm.

I have a lot of words to say that would all be ****...so I shall skip saying them. My experience with Incendio is the same as yours @Dogoutlaw. There is no rhyme or reason to making it above good, and I am so competitive that I do a happy dance every time I get those M-A-S-T-E-R-F-U-L. So when I see that awful "A" I get defeated...

#803 January, 2020, 10:56 pm.

It's frustrating, yeah. I stopped worrying about what grade I get on my crappy spells, and just pray to Merlin the confoundable will be defeated and not flee with the prize. And maybe throw a potion at it for good measure... :)

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭
    #904 January, 2020, 12:28 am.

@hpwulola Does this mean that we will not be getting a Brilliant event? Professors that were not in beta still need 60 Restricted Section Books (30 if they went to Indianapolis). We already missed out on events for September, missing another month of events is going to result in a lot of unhappy Professors.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4 #1004 January, 2020, 01:51 am.

@ClairabusGryff @Dogoutlaw - yup, that darned “A” spell glyph ... it elicits many an exclamation starting with the letter “A”

ps: pretty surprised that the bot is ok with “crappy”

#1104 January, 2020, 02:23 am.

The bot is lazy some days. Just saying,,, I need 11 more spell books for my next lesson so I am hoping our next event has some more red spell books this go around.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 792 admin
    #1204 January, 2020, 07:03 pm.

@BenTiger Nope, more Brilliant Events are on their way!

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #1305 January, 2020, 05:33 pm.

WOOHOOO!! 🤩🥳🎊🍾🥂

its snowing today AND we have a frosty event coming. I couldn’t be more thrilled (unless red books were part of the occasion 😏)

🌬🌨☃️❄️🥶😍⛷🏂🛷🎿⛸

#1406 January, 2020, 01:34 am.

@hpwulola - an updated calendar with new events, brilliant or CD or otherwise, would really really really be appreciated ... and for more than just current month of january or what’s left of it. thanx

#1507 January, 2020, 07:31 pm.

And it has begun! Woohoo!

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #1608 January, 2020, 04:46 am.

@Dogoutlaw woohoo!! 🥳 how did your frosty day go?!

edited January 8 #1708 January, 2020, 03:02 pm.

@LadyRedIII great! I got my last Fred! 😂 Not a FF but I just needed one more of him to prestige that page. So now I can use the LOH runestones at the fortress again to get the yule ball program. If I can get lucky on that and one more Hermione/Victor, I’ll be able to prestige and keep collecting Harry/Parvati. But you know, best laid plans and all that. 😂😂😂

How was your day?

#1808 January, 2020, 09:24 pm.

My first frosty day yesterday was EPIC! I popped a BBE and ended up with 47k Wizarding XP at the end of the day. During my BBE I got 3 horned serpents and two dragons, Then I got 4 HP and Pavarotti frags. What I am finding is with the HP and Parvati and Quidditch Ron’s I have to use a potent exstimulo as I tried them without a potion and 10 SE later plus a strong exstimulo I couldn’t capture them so I use potents on them because with a BBE going those traces are worth over 1k Wizarding XP. This morning I was able to finally place that last Quidditch Pitch Stand so I prestiged that page and can work on the Ron’s for it.

Lastly I have found the best way to cast Incendio is fast as possible and **** the accuracy. I actually got 4 greats out of that type of casting. Hopefully that will help someone.

#1908 January, 2020, 11:21 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - bene, molto bene !!

#2009 January, 2020, 03:43 am.

@kiheikid gratzie mille!!

• LindsyBlueberryLindsyBlueberry Posts: 1
    #2110 January, 2020, 12:27 am.

Could you please turn off flagged areas for the duration of the event, as you did with the potions classroom event ?

I live on a flagged area and haven’t seen a single Nimbus, hippogriff, Ron or Harry at home since the event started...

I walked 10 kilometers today (wheeled actually, as I’m a wheelchair user), in the rain, and only got 3 Ron and 1 Harry/Parvati... Please don’t forget that a lot of players don’t have a car and cannot stay outside in the cold / rain / snow for hours.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2210 January, 2020, 02:41 am.

That’s rough @LindsyBlueberry, I’m sorry. On a more positive note, your screen name is so daggum adorable I could squeal. 😁

#2310 January, 2020, 10:18 pm.

So we are a little over 72 hours into the frosty event and I have to say when this event is over if I never EVER have to cast incedio again, I will be happy. I really am not a proficient witch at this cast. I mean give me an ebublio or aguamenti all day long!

I do love all the extra WXP from it...and the BBE lasting an hour is AWESOME!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2411 January, 2020, 02:53 pm.

I feel you, @ClairabusGryff. I’ve been getting better at incendio and most of the others. Bombarda is the one that still makes me shake my fist at the sky. 🧙‍♂️

#2511 January, 2020, 03:03 pm.

@Acumen is Bombardia the weird M shaped cast? My witch casting skills struggle the most with Incendio but get masterful mainly on ebublio and aguamenti. But this event has forced me to get better. I get about 10% great on Incendio but never a masterful. Oh well. A witch can only do what she can do!!

#2611 January, 2020, 04:08 pm.

@ClairabusGryff it’s the one that looks like a chemistry flask. To me at least! Lol the triangle one.

#2711 January, 2020, 04:46 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I meant to say as well and forgot, I wholeheartedly concur on incendio. Really dislike that cast!!

edited January 12 #2812 January, 2020, 11:58 am.

@ClairabusGryff & @Dogoutlaw — you might want to try making your trace like this:

let me know if it works better for you ... speed over accuracy!

#2912 January, 2020, 01:50 pm.

Thank you @kiheikid i will try what you suggested above. Hope you are well in Hawaii!!

#3013 January, 2020, 09:49 am.

@ClairabusGryff - currently hunkered down at home for last 24+ hours with winter storms blowing and dumping rain and no excuse whatsoever to go out pottering in this weather. at least there was nfl playoff games to watch all weekend. (sorry, in case houston is your team, even though you’re in san antonio ?)

#3113 January, 2020, 05:47 pm.

@kiheikid has the weather passed you now? That must be an experience in Hawaii to have winter storms come through. 🥶🥶

So I tried what u recommended above and got the dreaded message that I didn’t make the trace. So how were you able to do it successfully?