Friends list bug

xxxsdxxxsd Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Known Issues #1 latest comment 13 February, 2020, 02:20 pm.

Friends list does not load OR be seen can sent gift but are unable two open Them because app does not show Friends anney more sinds the update 2.8 thuis weekend niet can't compleet 12 taak of Christmas i AM sad

3 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

While our team is investigating this issue, try force closing the app and waiting a few minutes (3-5) before reopening the game. This workaround is a fix that might work for some players, but not everyone.

Comments

• CrocagatorCrocagator Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #220 December, 2019, 11:47 am.

Friends were working just fine. Then I added more friends increasing from 10 to 17. Now I cannot open my friends list. It just spins and spins but never returns a list. This prevents me from opening gifts I have received.

I am running 2.8.0 on a Samsung Note 10+ running Android 9. I have tried force stopping the app, clearing data and logging back in, but the issue remains.

Anyone else have this issue and figured out how to resolve it?

• ThargandiorThargandior Posts: 4
    #320 December, 2019, 03:27 pm.

Same issue here; on an iPhone though. No solution found and haven’f heard from Support back yet.

• PoppyTerraPoppyTerra Posts: 1
    edited December 2019 #420 December, 2019, 05:54 pm.

I have no list at all. I can see my 151 friends if I go to the gift list like I'm going to send a gift. I can't see them in the friends' list though, so obviously can't open gifts. I also have not heard back from support. This becomes critical soon with the 12 days event kicking off. I'm on an iPhone 11 Pro Max and haven't had any issues at all up until this situation.

• Liamod10Liamod10 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #520 December, 2019, 11:09 pm.

Same issues with an iPhone 11.

This needs sorting ASAP as it’s affecting the completion of the 12 Days of Christmas tasks!

• LaBruja22LaBruja22 Posts: 2
    #621 December, 2019, 02:18 am.

Same problem here on an iPhone 7 running latest iOS and latest Wizards Unite versions. Problem started today after I started receiving multiple friends requests. Cannot see the list at all and see the “clock cursor” spinning at bottom left of screen like is stuck loading... agree this needs to be fixed ASAP or cannot complete the 12 Tasks.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 129 ✭✭
    #721 December, 2019, 11:29 am.
  • grsmhikergrsmhiker Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #821 December, 2019, 12:18 pm.

I am also having this issue on iOS. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail.

• AngryPinceAngryPince Posts: 1
    #921 December, 2019, 04:39 pm.

Same thing

• ScreaminJHScreaminJH Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #1021 December, 2019, 04:49 pm.

I’m having the same problem . I have reinstalled a few times , checked for an update and assets , no friend list .

• LaJaibaLaJaiba Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1121 December, 2019, 07:22 pm.
    #1221 December, 2019, 07:23 pm.

Same issue. Friends list not updating but the five gifts tab does work. Frustrating not to be able to receive gifts nor advance in the 12 days challenge. I have deleted and reinstalled and updated all assets. Ridiculous.

#1321 December, 2019, 07:25 pm.

I am experiencing the same problem. IphoneXS, deleted and reinstalled, updated all assets. Infuriating as I can’t receive gifts or complete the 12 days challenge.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1421 December, 2019, 09:27 pm.

I am having the same issue. I go to my friends tab and the little icon just spins and spins and nothing shows up. This issue has just been within the last hour as at 2pm CST everything was there just fine now nothing but a spinning icon. #awesome

#1521 December, 2019, 09:29 pm.

I too have an IPhone but it looks like it is not just Apple. I have tried all of my usual tricks when I see that icon but none of them are working and I am at home on WiFi so not a connectivity issue. And the sky is clear with not a could in it. *shrugs*

#1622 December, 2019, 12:30 am.

Is anyone able to open their friends list and or gifts?

• grsmhikergrsmhiker Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1722 December, 2019, 01:08 am.

Has this even been acknowledged as a bug? It's going to make completing the Christmas tasks impossible. In-game support has been less than unhelpful about the issue...

"I have reviewed your account and confirm that you have recently opened Gifts that you received from Friends. It seems like your issue has been resolved.

... yet I haven't been able to view the friends list or open gifts for two days. 🙄

#1822 December, 2019, 02:49 pm.

So it’s the 3rd day of 12 Tasks of Christmas but still not able to have my friends list load or view my gifts to send out, nor of course be able to open any gifts. Can someone point me to where the HPWU team is working on it? I saw some thread where someone from the HPWU team mentioned it but there is really nothing I can find where it is being addressed. I could have totally missed the thread too. 😁 I have seen lots of people saying it started when 2.8.0 dropped and lots of people emailing into support but clearly the issue is still not fixed. And I know there are a million things the wonderful team is working on so I appreciate it so very much. Especially this issue being over a weekend.

#2022 December, 2019, 06:21 pm.

Thank you @Bormacska however that thread is about people not seeing the content of the gifts they opened. I am not able to see my friends list let alone open any gifts or send any gifts. Tons of people are reporting the same issue but I haven’t seen anything from the HPWU team saying they are working on it or giving an update. But I could also be completely missing that thread. So that is what I am looking for. 👌😁

#2122 December, 2019, 06:30 pm.

Ok clarification point I just saw where you said post #5 @Bormacska - so thank you for that. However that is the only thing I have seen so far. This isn’t an emergency issue but I would say right below emergency level. No access to friends or gifting is a pretty large problem during an event specifically around gifting our friends. Just my subtle opinion. I personally would like to see some kind of an update on what is going on or an update? Any information really. Pretty please and thank you kindly!!

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2222 December, 2019, 06:35 pm.

Okay so just found this on discord as a "temporary" work-around. See if this at least gets you going.

Blank Friends List

Issue: no friends appear in your friends list even though you have added friends and friends have appeared in the list in the past

Temporary Fix:

Sign out and back in the Wizards unite app.

To do this go to:

Suitcase > Settings > help / legal > sign out

Then restart the app and log back in

You should be able see your friends list but it's probably going to disappear again when you restart the app so be sure to open all your gifts in one go else you'll have to repeat the above

You will not lose game progress, that's stored on the game servers.

From what I have read the issue appears to be device dependant, everyone that's replied currently is on iOS / apple devices.

Fazes / hpwu team are aware and looking into the issue but no ETA on a fix; poor fazes working the weekend again cry 

Hope the above trick works for you until a permanent fix gets rolled out. Thanks to @Thunderbrdgrl who I think was one of the first share this workaround

• MysticmegicianMysticmegician Posts: 1
    #2323 December, 2019, 12:01 am.

Been trying to fix this for days, very infuriating!

Support haven't helped in the slightest.

• CrocagatorCrocagator Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2423 December, 2019, 12:23 am.

My BF and I have the problem on Android, so it isn't just IOS. I tried log out and back in. Surprisingly it works. Previously I had tried clearing data and uninstall/reinstalling with no success. While inconvenient if it will get us through the Christmas event we can live with it.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2523 December, 2019, 01:41 am.

thanks for sharing, @Bormacska

but the official communication bites ... they should be communicating in-game the suggested temporary fix via the newsletter, that’s what it is for ... and not via discord which not all players use.

#2623 December, 2019, 03:54 am.

I am so appreciative of @Bormacska cutting and pasting the information on to this site. My question is how long that information was available on Discord? And if it was from an HPWU team member why wasn’t it immediately posted on this forum? If the HPWU team is taking time to post it on Discord or notifying someone on Discord I really wish they would put it on here too. Please? Maybe it was and I missed it but I will say I looked all morning for a fix. But there seems to be a communication breakdown as I thought all HP information was supposed to be posted here but it appears that information is being posted on FB, Discord, and other sites. This is the only place I come to for information and have questions answered. So with all of this being said where do all the veteran players get the most CURRENT game information from? I don’t want to come across negative but I just want to know where to get the best most current information and get my questions answered as I have two that have still not had a single response from the HPWU team. So maybe I am not going to the right site for my info? And I know the HPWU team is always so incredibly busy addressing and fixing issues and making new amazing content for us to enjoy so maybe they don’t have the time to get new urgent information to all of the sites.

#2723 December, 2019, 07:04 am.

It was posted at 1:01 am by a non-niantic Moderator of the discord site on Dec 22nd.

I am bogged with holiday stuff right now, so not paying much attention as I normally might.

It reads as if it was another player, non hpwu employee that figured out the workaround and shared there on the non official site under game bugs on Dec 21st at 2pm. So even then it took a half day to get it out of a random conversation and into the game news that only the moderators can post on.

Fazes frequents discord, but it isn't a sanctioned site, and it doesn't look like she's commented at all this weekend on there. May be too deep under everything else that is going on to surface and talk.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2823 December, 2019, 07:17 am.

@hpwulola - you and your @HPWUTeam need to understand that you all have TWO separate problems:

FIRST: you release bug-filled updates on players at the worst times ever (yes, i know you should not be releasing bug-filled updates EVER; but if there had to be a time to do it, it should not be right before or in the middle of a major event whose rewards include red books and green books that you have been starving players of!)

SECOND: your in-game communication to players really bites. you should make it a number one priority to keep players apprised, early and often, and do that through the game app itself and NOT on social media platforms (whether discords or youtube or instagram, twitter, facebook ... whatever) that only some fraction of all players visit. what is the ONLY platform guaranteed to reach 100% of active players? right, the game app itself.

please, do things the RIGHT way from now on.

#doitright

thank you

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 792 admin
    #2923 December, 2019, 11:08 pm.

Hi all, if anyone is experiencing a bug where they are unable to view their friends list, we will update the status here:

@Bormacska Thank you for passing along this troubleshooting advise, it's super helpful!

• NotoriousOneNotoriousOne Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3024 December, 2019, 03:26 am.

Same issue here have gone through several "support" people who send me generic copy and paste messages but never help me or fix my problem

Just a spinning clock forever have uninstalled/ reinstalled and re downloaded assets nothing works

#3124 December, 2019, 04:54 am.

Just the messenger, @Thunderbrdgrl is the hero of the hour for figuring something out! 😊