Introducing: The SOS Report

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 921 admin
edited December 2019 in Announcements #1 latest comment 23 December, 2019, 05:30 am.

Players Level 4 and above may notice an exciting new feature that launched with the 2.8.0 game update. The SOS Report is here to deliver players useful information regarding in-game events, app updates, limited-time specials in Diagon Alley, and other helpful news!

When news has been added to the SOS Report, the SOS Report button will appear underneath the Weather button on the Map screen. Tap the SOS Report button to go directly view the newsletter. Please note that this button will disappear once you’ve closed out of the SOS Report, however, you can access the SOS Report at any time from your Suitcase.

From the Suitcase, click the ‘View More’ button to read the featured article, or tap anywhere else on the SOS Report newspaper to view the full newsletter again. 

Tagged:

Comments

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #221 December, 2019, 04:01 am.

Oh cool, I did it right then lol. I thought it was meaning we had new SOS tasks coming! But they weren't there when i looked- but i got to the extra news page zo that's good.

Looking forward to trying the new portkey feature when i open them later today 😀

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭
    #321 December, 2019, 08:28 pm.

I think I left this comment elsewhere, but kinda funny that with gifs existing even in the muggle world, the images in the newsletter are static.

And, devs, please change size/position of the SOS report in the suitcase. I’m sure many would agree. A folded piece of paper or a memo-plane would do! Or just an icon!

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #421 December, 2019, 09:46 pm.

I do agree - this could be another round icon but not the centrepiece of the screen, it is waaaay too invasive

Whilst I appreciate the intent to communicate to the community, I do wonder whether the time and effort would be better spent on a comms tool for example

Please!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #522 December, 2019, 10:56 am.

@HPWUTeam - some more feedback on your nifty newsletter:

the in-game newsletter within the suitcase seems to be just links to the same articles on the website. shouldn’t the primary source be in-game, rather than the website? ... because 100% of players are in-game at one time or another but less-than-100% of players even know about the website much less visit it often enough.

also, newsletters are good for profiling features but not for urgent notifications, such as giving players advance warnings about new discoveries of bugs and/or temp remedies, such as your turning off the start/join button in fortresses. you SHOULD have warned every player ahead of time that this was happening, so we would know that you were effectively nerfing our baruffio’s by cutting into effective time spent on actual battling due to excessive useless wait time in lobby.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #622 December, 2019, 01:42 pm.

@kiheikid I'm not sure I understand your comment. The newsletter is in the game, so everyone has access to it. Why does it matter that it links to articles on a website? I may just be confused, but I don't get why this is a concern.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #722 December, 2019, 03:32 pm.

Hosting a single version of the truth in one place with multiple access paths is eminently sensible as it reduces maintenance to a minimum, with a single version there are no inconsistencies due to out of date information appearing in one place but not others

Whats not to like about that?

#822 December, 2019, 07:39 pm.

“the truth” ... haha, good one.

reminds me of:

In Russian, ''pravda'' means truth and ''izvestia'' means news, and the old joke about the Soviet press was that there's no truth in Pravda and no news in Izvestia.

#1023 December, 2019, 02:36 am.

good, put the original single source in-game, with or without other places linking to it

how hard can that be ?