12 Tasks of Christmas Details

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 797 admin
in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 05 January, 2020, 07:15 pm.

It’s that time of year again, a time for togetherness, holiday cheer, and gift-giving! To help celebrate, Gifts in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will be temporarily transformed into magical Christmas Gifts featuring extra bonuses. To help get into the spirit of giving, take part in the 12 Tasks of Christmas and earn rewards while exchanging Gifts with friends.

Join in the festivities from Friday, December 20 at 11 a.m. PST to Tuesday, January 7 at 11 a.m. PST for:

• A limited-time Special Assignment featuring 12 tasks that reward Wizard XP, Spell Books, Silver Keys, Dark Detectors, and Gold.
  • All Gifts during this time period will contain bonus rewards.
Tagged:

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #220 December, 2019, 10:26 pm.

So it appears that if you're in the middle of a great casts run, say 2/3, and you fight an oddity it drops you back down to 0/3 on great casts. Is this meant to be @hpwulola?

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #320 December, 2019, 10:43 pm.

@Bormacska - I experienced this too and if I recall correctly, the same behaviour happened during a previous event too

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #421 December, 2019, 01:24 am.

The first task I finished was the three GREAT casts in a row as I hit ebublio every time and nada bing nada boom - finito!!!

i am hoping we will be able to open more gift during this event because the bottle neck is seriously impeding the abolity to send as many gifts as I accumulate. Has anyone heard any news on that topic? I don’t see it in the details of the event so I doubt it will happen but it doesn’t hurt to ask does it??

#521 December, 2019, 01:58 am.

@OriginalCaruso ahh, I must have been oblivious to the first one. Knowing is half the battle.

#621 December, 2019, 03:36 am.

OW (orange wizard) posted this image this afternoon, pertains to the 12 tasks event!

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #721 December, 2019, 03:42 am.

@Bormacska looks like this photo has wrong you know, still got xp too.

#821 December, 2019, 03:46 am.

@Yohanes12 This is from orange wizard who gets his info from fazes (or so I'm told). I'm only reposting. These are apparently the extras in the gifts that we are collecting to send to friends. If you have better info, please share! I'd love to see it!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #922 December, 2019, 08:22 am.

Am I just having a lucky streak, or are there more paramount portmanteaux out there at the moment? I have just picked up 3 in two days (only 3 I have picked up).

Side note about the Brilliant Event: Does anyone else want an update on what it's like for Constance when she has Christmas with the Potters? Does anyone want to know what Harry wore for his wedding, as he clearly hates dress robes? Anyone want a spin off TV series about the life of little Constance Pickering?

• MotherNeurosisMotherNeurosis Posts: 3
    #1001 January, 2020, 02:31 am.

Is anyone else having issues with actually getting gifts during this event? When there's no event, I usually get a gift from almost every inn I go to (if my "stock" is under 30 and my energy is full), but I've been at this same inn and nothing. I've traced about 6 times in a row now and I'm getting nothing. Am I missing a secret here? :p

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1101 January, 2020, 08:07 am.

@MotherNeurosis -Gifts are random, I think we all experience droughts from time to time

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1201 January, 2020, 08:19 am.

@MotherNeurosis Part of the reason here is because it’s the ‘same’ inn.

Any particular inn will give the same reward/no reward per hour. So say for example an inn gives no reward at 10:01, expect to get no rewards up to and including 10:59.

This can be great when you get lucky and spot an inn that gives you Extravagant Spell Energy, as you can ‘sit on’ the inn for an hour if you have the time.

#1302 January, 2020, 02:50 am.

@Dewin99 and everyone else I found an in a few days ago that was giving out extravanagant spell energy gifts so I was able to stick around and get 5 in a row from that place. The key is to identify that inn that is giving them out and if time permits stick around. Sometimes I can and sometimes I have to adult and leave and be all responsible which sucks.

#1402 January, 2020, 02:51 am.

Oh and @Magpie31 i opened 7 portkeys yesterday and then picked up 3 yes I said 3 paramount portkeys. I am lucky if I get 2-3 a month so I was certainly happy about that.

• TrillianSaldukTrillianSalduk Posts: 1
    #1505 January, 2020, 07:15 pm.

Both myself and my sibling are not getting accurate counts for "good" spell casts completed. It does not appear to matter if the confoundable is caught with the cast or not. I'm owed at least 7 and she at least 10 although she completed her task for that already.

Our Mom's home is in a network low area and confoundable desert so we were unable to do much more than brew while visiting for Christmas. We lost potions and foundables with network drops frequently. However the good not counting were not with network drops.