direct delivery of harvest from greenhouse

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 14 January, 2020, 02:14 am.

now that the mail system proves we can have direct delivery, can we please have direct delivery of the harvest from seeds that we plant at a greenhouse? many of us do not have the means or time to return to the same greenhouse location after planting and the elapsed number of hours from 1 to 24. just be like an amazon drone and have an owl deliver the ingredient harvest, sort of like a giftbox to ourselves with the resources (seed, water, time, and perhaps spell energy to increase yield via multiplier) that we put into it

@HPWUTeam @hpwulola thank you in advance for considering this proposal / request.

Comments

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 354 ✭✭✭
    #218 December, 2019, 09:53 pm.

Yes @kiheikid ! I love this idea. The challenge of leaping toadstools is well, challenging. I plant 5 a day minimum and some days just due to life stuff I collect zero but on the best of days recently I am collecting 2 out of 5 which is enough to brew one overnight. So not gonna complain. I would love an option of floo powder where we could return to an area where we planted ingredients and give us 5-10 minutes to collect our items and then hit up the inns for spell energy. Either way, receive our harvests via our own personalized Hedwigs or floo powder. Maybe floo powder could be a once a month gift item like in the surprise box we get one floo event a month. I don't know. But loving your idea! OK rambling now...Maholo

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    #311 January, 2020, 02:38 pm.

Completely agree with this!

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 82 ✭✭
    #511 January, 2020, 04:18 pm.

Though I agree with you in principle @Lucoire , it's just not practical. I would like if I, and everyone else who comes across my "active" greenhouse, could click the option "floo powder" and have a certain timeframe in which to "travel back" to my -or another's- greenhouse to collect. There are just not enough people playing to make the community aspect of growing work in the way it was intended. I would, however, be delighted if other travelling or passing wizards could benefit more easily from the considerable time, energy and resources I put into growing toadstools. :)

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #611 January, 2020, 04:20 pm.

I’ve been thinking about this and I also wouldn’t like it. I plant a bunch trying to get that gold achievement. I don’t want all that stuff coming to me. But the primary reason I’m against it is it has no basis in the Wizarding world (that I know of). Wizards need to collect themselves or buy their ingredients.

#711 January, 2020, 04:44 pm.

I agree 100% with@Punkyfins! To Lucoire’s points if you have an active community that is great but the players that live in rural areas or areas where you are a solo player the community idea doesn’t work. Remember there are a large portion over 50% if I recall correctly that play solo so that model can’t and won’t work for us. Now I myself only ever plant leaping toadstools in the pay it forward mentality and plant on average around 35-42 toadstools a week and this past week I was only able to collect 5. Also different countries metro areas are built differently. If I lived in Rome, London, or Paris I know the game would be very different for me but the US is set up differently so the playing model that works for one doesn’t work for everyone.

I proposed Floo powder a while ago and thought maybe it would only be something we got when we leveled up so it would be a rare item or had a 24-36 hour brewing time where we could go back to one of our spots we play at regularly and plant items and are able to harvest the items and then tap the inns for SE. I don’t play in what would be considered a POI heavy area. I have seen pictures of where people live all over the world and the amount of POI’s they have made me drool. One picture there had to be over 100 poi’s. I have an area I play at early in the mornings that within about a radius of 3 miles I could hit up around 40-50 poi’s but they aren’t within walking distance per se. So I play in my car on CD at this area but have to drive around unless it is a fortress event.

The only heartburn I have with the game is the leaping toadstools but I have found a way to deal with it but I have to hustle by planting that many toadstools a day and I can be at a GH when my LT finishes and I wait and wait and it doesn’t show up. So I no longer put SE in them but just plant a ton of them a day and get what I can get basically. We only get one toadstool a month in the game and the last time I had a LT pop up in the wild was October. I wish they were more wild and I wish that when I plant something and am there within the hour of the LT being done I could actually harvest it but that isn’t how the game is. Right now I have 98 unicorn hair and 4 LT in my vault. I used to always have 15-20 but they are too rare and too difficult to get what you grow. So unless that is addressed by the HPWU team which I have reported on two different occasions then it is what it is. It just makes us work harder. Now if I could GUARANTEE that if I paid for 9 LT and actually harvest all 9 then I would absolutely do that once a week but as I have proven time and time again that doesn’t happen. Something changed around November 1 as that was when this started for me. I am totally rambling right now. But you get the point...

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭
    #811 January, 2020, 04:59 pm.

@ClairabusGryff Following the principle primum non nocere, secundum cavere, tertium sanare I would only consider changing an already existing feature or introduce a new one if it harmed none of the already existing communities or player-types.

And based on the argument I put down earlier, I'd say that this feature would harm already existing communities because it encourages egoism. So any feature that tries to help ease the issues rural players have would have to maintain (or improve) the QoL of all others - and I don't see that happening with this pitch.

#911 January, 2020, 05:13 pm.

In which case we simply disagree @Lucoire and @Dogoutlaw :). "First, do no harm" does not negate my wanting more people to benefit from my growing. And if you can buy ingredients: why not the harvest of a certain greenhouse? It would, if nothing else, motivate me to grow *more*, rather than growing mainly for my own benefit....

#1011 January, 2020, 05:33 pm.

Again I agree with you @Punkyfins. Agree to disagree here respectfully..

#1111 January, 2020, 06:27 pm.

Want to hear the craziest thing?? After my last comment I had to go drop my kiddo’s friend off at work and on the way home sitting at a traffic light and what do I see?? 🍄🍄. YES!! I tapped on it and got two - yes 2 toadstools. I have a mild migraine this morning and it almost made that go away. Thank you so much - as that had to have been a wild pickup which hasn’t happened to me since October!! 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄

Maybe me planting 40+ of them this past week has paid off! Merlin’s beard, I am so happy right now!!

#1211 January, 2020, 08:28 pm.

That’s awesome @ClairabusGryff !! They are so rare in the wild, I get excited when I come across one randomly!! I’m fine with agreeing to disagree. I really have been considering it from a rural players point of view, and lack of access to POI’s is defo an issue. I guess tho when I said you can buy them, that is already implemented in the game. If you want to brew something and lack an ingredient, you have the option to purchase that ingredient. Price of ingredients is probably another debate for another thread, but point is the option already exists. Even if it’s not from “your” greenhouse/crop, it’s from a crop someone else planted, if you will. Hopefully that makes sense. But we can still disagree and that’s cool. 🙂

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1411 January, 2020, 09:59 pm.

Also loving this community in this discussion. Opposite points of view and opinions being expressed, explained and defended with respect and civility. Proud of everyone!

Can see and empathize with players in largely solo area getting frustrated with trying to get ingredients assets. I'm fortunate and have high POI work environment.

I love planting GH for grins and giggles. Because energy isn't an issue either I love to contribute to others plantings.

I hope there can be a suggestion or Implementalble idea to grow WU for players in quieter areas.

The more respectful discussions we have sharing ideas and different points of views the stronger we are!

And that's my 2 knuts.

#1512 January, 2020, 03:17 pm.

Thank you @Acumen and @Owlx I see both sides here too. I just like to come up with solutions versus complain and trouble-****. I have learned to work around the difficulties with LT and do what I can. That is all I can really do! At the end of the day this is a game and I really enjoy the different perspectives on this forum as I learn from everyone here.

#1812 January, 2020, 03:52 pm.

I do LOVE the idea of trading! My friends who don’t play as often need stuff I have plenty of. I’d gladly gift to them, but we don’t have that function (yet). It was something I was hoping for when gifting was announced, but that went a different way. The only bummer is I could see people somehow managing to abuse that function, so maybe that’s why it’s not like that.

#1912 January, 2020, 03:55 pm.

@Owlx i didn’t read any negativity in your post or really any post within this thread. The great thing about a broad selection or people across our world is everyone has different points of views, different motivating factors, and different limitations. So I just try to learn from people and still hold true to my opinion and point of view. I agree with you 100% that on forums like this it is just words typed on a blue screen so we miss out on the non-verbal queues people exhibit when giving their opinion. So all we can do is respond respectfully because there are many active forum members who aren’t able to play like I play as we don’t all have access to the same POi’s. This isn’t a static game like Plants vs Zombies which was my first app or tablet based game I fell in love with. So I do take into consideration their limitations as this game was created on mobility and getting out into our community so naturally they have challenges. I think the majority of the players on this forum have one thing in common - our love for all things Harry Potter that is the only reason I downloaded and play this game. I never played Ingress or Poke as that isn’t my interest personally. So if there are ways we can help improve the community and game through the history of HP and helping people let’s do it.

#2013 January, 2020, 03:57 am.

@Dogoutlaw I'm new to POGO. Play at my son's request. So maybe someone with real POGO experience here can help.

POGO allows trading- it costs an asset cslled stardust. I think but dont know for sure that stardust is an award or an earned asset. ie it cant be purchased. So it prevents abuse. The down side is that the players have to be close. So that's the drawback for solo players. I dont know a knut about gaming programming. Anyone feel free to chime in here if you do. would be great if we could trade from our inventories. I'm still working on what the asset to spend for the trade that find with in game universe. Open to suggestion @Acumen @ClairabusGryff or @ Bueller, Bueller....🤣

#2113 January, 2020, 04:55 am.

@Owlx I don’t play the other games, so have no idea. I’ll leave it to the gamers to think of equivalents!🤷🏻‍♀️

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2313 January, 2020, 03:06 pm.

Well, I'm glad @Lucoire was able to explain it, because I have no idea. I did check out Ingress a couple months after downloading HPWU. Gained a basic understanding of how it works, but uninstalled the game after a couple days. Never tried PoGo.

#2413 January, 2020, 06:46 pm.

@Lucoire has it exactly right. Also your friend level determines the cost of the trade. It's a somewhat limited dynamic (based on the "each pokemon is unique" idea). So that's quite an involved system to implement in HPWU, as friendship rankings do not exist (yet). :)

#2514 January, 2020, 01:43 am.

@Lucoire and @Punkyfins Thank you both for your help and explanations. It is much more involved than I realized. Trading probably isn't a good fit for HPWU.

#2614 January, 2020, 02:14 am.

@owlx I apologize but I have no clue about anything Poke. Never played not had an interest for it. Not my cup of tea. Sorry😘