Game Update: 2.8.0 Release Notes

2»

Comments

• grsmhikergrsmhiker Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #3221 December, 2019, 12:03 pm.

After installing this update, my friends list will not load. I get an empty screen with a spinning watch. I can send gifts from the other tab, but not receive them.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #3325 December, 2019, 07:52 pm.

Put the "Join" button back, please.

When "internet connection" fails, please restore my level 5 runestones after being kicked out of fortress. They are hard to come by.

• SherlockMilesSherlockMiles Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #3426 December, 2019, 05:05 am.

I'd love to have the 'Start' button back - saves so much time....

• SpondeeSpondee Posts: 58 ✭✭
    #3526 December, 2019, 05:35 am.

I miss the Start button, but love the 100% successful Dawdle Draft!

• coyotewoman42coyotewoman42 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #3626 December, 2019, 05:45 pm.

Loving the new portkey feature, can look all around without getting dizzy🤪. In app news letter, cool. But where oh where is the fortress start button? Please bring it back?

• LipizzanLadyLipizzanLady Posts: 1
    #3726 December, 2019, 09:42 pm.

We lost the start now key on the Wizarding challenges. It was great. Can we have it back please?

#3801 January, 2020, 01:55 pm.

I've got 6000 scrolls, 50 restricted books and 14 regular books. When will new classes be released?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3901 January, 2020, 05:16 pm.

@xxxlindy I'd guess that we won't see any new lesson plans until at least the end of February. Assuming brilliant events continue as they have been, a professor who started when the game released will have enough green books to complete the first lesson plan after 4 more brilliant events, which should mean late February. I'd be surprised if nee lesson plans were released before everyone had at least the opportunity to finish the first one.

#4001 January, 2020, 06:21 pm.

Thanks, I'll try to be patient.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4101 January, 2020, 11:46 pm.

@MtPollux - You make a good point, I suspect there is a new version being readied hopefully to include new SOS Assignments

• SheganerSheganer Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #4202 January, 2020, 03:21 pm.

Hello there!

I have completed my last SOS assignment first week of October 2019 and ever since I have been waiting to see new once... yet... so far, nothing...

Hopefully, now that it's a new year we will see more SOS assignments.

New mystery items for us to find would we great too!

😃

P.S. just wanted to add my Thank You to the Company for making a great fun game that keeps us all entertain for months! Thanks and keep up a good work!

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4302 January, 2020, 03:59 pm.

Good point @Sheganer. I would like to request more achievements. I know they go to a gold level but what if they made a platinum level one? And what about adding a send gift and open gift achievement?

Also the other note I had an idea about a global competition starting on the first of the month and ranking the best wizards in the world 1-20 who score the most points and include challenge XP in the mix too. The first three people would receive gifts from Niantic. Be it gold r red books or who knows. Just a thought.

#4402 January, 2020, 04:58 pm.

@xxxlindy Hi there!

I can relate...I have piles of scrolls myself yet can not use them since it takes a lot of work to get new books...would be really cool if they would add new SOS task assignments and as a rewards for completing such give us books!

#4502 January, 2020, 08:45 pm.

Dear @ClairabusGryff ,

How is it going!

As I promised before, I am trying my best to share with you runestones, hope they help, 🙂.

I absolutely agree with you, you got a wonderful idea! Competition among fellow wizards could be very exciting!

P.S. Happy New Year!

#4602 January, 2020, 08:53 pm.

Who is up to the challenge to see whose house win each month?

Wizards , let's ask Niantic organized house competition for us?

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4702 January, 2020, 08:56 pm.

Happy New Year to you too @Sheganer !!

Yes, all runestones do help so very much! I am so appreciative!

As for the last SOS Task I haven’t been able to complete it as I play solo! 😢

So I am hoping they will drop that one or make a work around for it. But I would like to see more after that one for sure. 👌

#4802 January, 2020, 10:57 pm.

@ClairabusGryff

Usually I play solo myself, so I see your dilemma...

I do not wish to brake your privacy... yet, maybe if you post here a nutritional safe area where you could meet other wizards during , say next community day, you would be able to meet 3 more players and compete the last task...

Post could look something like this:

"Hello fellow wizards! On the next community day let's meet at ( name the safe place) and do some SOS tasks together!"

I live in Northwest Indiana...if anyone live close by and need help with SOS tasks or just want to do tower challenges together... let's meet next community day!

edited January 2 #4902 January, 2020, 11:09 pm.

@Sheganer you can check for other players in your area here: https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/categories/local-groups-and-events

There is a pin on the map near Gary for a NWI group. Hopefully that's close enough that you can connect with them.

#5003 January, 2020, 04:41 am.

@MtPollux ,

Hello!

Thank you for your kind advice... 🙂

I will look into that even though Gary is not near me...

Still, thank you!

#5103 January, 2020, 10:42 am.

@Sheganer you're welcome and good luck! At the link I gave you above, you could also make your own post to put a pin on the map near you. That way others in your area might be able to find you.