2019 Reflection

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,293 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 07 January, 2022, 08:44 pm.

As we count down the days until 2020, we wanted to recap the exciting things that we have been working on over the last year in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite and preview what’s to come.

• We know that getting answers as quickly as possible is important, so we’ve expanded the in-app support experience to make it easier to get in touch with our team about more topics, allowing you to get answers without having to leave the game.
  • Transparency is super important to us, and while we can’t share everything, we’re working on revising our strategy for communicating known issues and are excited to show you what we’ve been working on in 2020.
  • Speaking of transparency, we’ve introduced the three-strike policy from Pokémon GO into Harry Potter: Wizards Unite and have been working on a number of improvements to how we communicate policy violations and enforcement.
  • Building connections and sharing tips and strategies are super important, that’s why we introduced the Community forums for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. In the 6 months since they’ve been active, almost 20,000 players have joined the Community!

Finally, we want you to know that we appreciate our community of players so much and we’re delighted to be here to support you. We’re excited to continue to provide you with support in 2020 and beyond!

Tagged:

Comments

• ReyOfHopeReyOfHope Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #217 December, 2019, 01:13 am.

Really looking forward to 2020 too! Excited for new lessons and new foundables! Have really loved playing the game this year!

• Plan9Plan9 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    #317 December, 2019, 02:32 am.

I've really enjoyed this game, even with some frustrating foundables (looking at you flying memos!). Keep up the good work HPWU team!

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    #417 December, 2019, 02:59 am.

This game has brought me much joy,  and new friends all over the world and right in my own neighborhood.

Thank you for all your good work!

I'm raising a glass of butterbeer to a great 2020!

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #517 December, 2019, 03:13 am.

I am trully glad to have have HPWU. Its the best game ever. Cant wait for all the exciting things you have planned for 2020. I am looking forward to the next Fan Festival in 2020. I really can wait to attend.

I have really enjoyed reading your updates @hpwulola, they have been informative and very helpful. A big round of applause 👏to you and the staff . ❤️

• scy1234scy1234 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #617 December, 2019, 03:56 pm.

Talking about the three strike policy, has the xiaomi issue been fully resolved and strikes revoked? I have been waiting for official communication for months. Appreciate if you could share any info about the progress.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    #829 December, 2021, 07:02 pm.

I can’t see if we had one of these for 2020, but I think it would be great to have one for 2021.

Some insights as to what was planned but didn’t get to happen, how long the game was intended to run for (the hurried ending seemed like the game was meant to last longer) and maybe even an AMA from the @HPWUTeam ? Have some fun with it in the last month of the game.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭
    #929 December, 2021, 08:10 pm.

@PkmnTrainerJ , I am guessing that the game ended abruptly because it is not making enough money to keep it going. It is a game that gives us more than enough resources to keep playing without paying; that is why I was delighted that they added advertisement videos (optional to watch) in the daily assignments.

I just wish that they could have kept the HPWU game going. It is a game that I would really miss when gone, especially since it's a mobile game that forces us to walk a little.

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    #1006 January, 2022, 04:17 pm.

2020 at a glance: Bugs

🐞🐛🐜🕷🦟🪲🪳

• MerriLewisMerriLewis Posts: 2
    #1107 January, 2022, 03:24 pm.

With all due respect, may I please request the reason as to why the game is being shut down? I had played the game before and I took it off my phone after I promised my parents I wouldn’t play games during the school semester in order to focus on my studies. I was so excited to re-download the game and play it again after I was done with school, but then I found out it was getting shut down. I think it would help me and others to be a little more ok with saying goodbye if we has a reason for it being shut down. So, again I ask with the respect due to and much gratefulness for the wonderful game that you all gave us, please would you mind telling us why the game is being shut down?

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    #1207 January, 2022, 08:44 pm.

@MerriLewis i think the game didn’t bring in enough money. I know it’s not an official answer but I doubt you will get one, especially if the answer is the game didn’t make enough money. I think they wanted another PoGo and this game did not come close to bringing in PoGo money.