Adding new fortresses, inns and green houses

MrsmidgeMrsmidge Posts: 1
in General Questions #1 latest comment 15 January, 2020, 03:36 am.

I would like to add a new fortress, inns and green houses in my area there are a few one on side of town but non on the side I live at so have to go find them. I have used the link and added them on the map but they are not showing on the wizards unite game. Do I have to wait a certain time or be at a certain level before they show up. Thanks

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #216 December, 2019, 04:24 pm.

If you are adding them to a community map hosted by a third party, like the one by GamersGuides, those are strictly used to plot out existing POIs, and not linked to the game at all.

Ingress, PokemonGo, and Wizards Unite all share the same map. Submitting requests for new POIs must be done through Niantic's Wayfarer program. At the moment, only high-level Ingress and PokemonGo players have access to this, but it should eventually become available to high-level Wizards Unite players as well.

Forum member, @Lucoire, wrote this detailed post about it some time ago, with updates in the comments.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭
    #317 December, 2019, 08:49 pm.

I don’t know what link you added your POIs @Mrsmidge but rn, as Acumen says, you can only add them through Wayfarer, Ingress or PoGo. I just wish we could somehow control/influence/judge whether a portal will become an inn or a greenhouse or a fortress. But do keep track of all the POIs you find!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    #412 January, 2020, 04:44 am.

Just had two of my regular POIs disappear. Really sad, as it was the inn where I would do dark detectors (next to a real English pub whete I would have brunch), and a very convenient inn on the other side of the road.

Admittedly, given the number of POIs un my city, it isn't the end of the world, but rather irritating.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #512 January, 2020, 08:24 am.

@Magpie31 keep an eye, they may return. Others have seen various poi’s disappear and then return a couple of days later🤞🏻

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    #612 January, 2020, 08:35 am.

@Dogoutlaw , @Magpie31 yup. My "backyard" inn disappeared for two days and then reappeared.

#714 January, 2020, 12:08 pm.

Nooooooo... Just walked 2km with my dodgy foot, to my favourite coffee spot that has four inns and teo greenhouses. I usually run down my energy at a fortress on the way here, then stock up. Gone. All four inns and both greenhouses.

I guess they might reappear, but not sure I will bother walking all the way here to find out. Not while my foot is still recovering, and it really is out of my way and not worth the walk other than those inns.

#814 January, 2020, 12:10 pm.

Looking at it, all the inns and greenhouses on this stretch of road have disappeared, and there were loads. Fingers crossed a few come back.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #914 January, 2020, 04:41 pm.

@Magpie31 it might be too late for my comment, but you might trying restarting app when you see that. It happens for me occasionally when all poi’s just disappear completely. A restart brings them back. You might have tried that already before posting, but just in case.

#1014 January, 2020, 11:34 pm.

Hi @Dogoutlaw Thanks for the tip. I did try that, but it didn't work. However, an hour or so later, they appeared again. In fact, I think an extra inn and greenhouse appeared. Very strange!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1115 January, 2020, 03:36 am.

@Magpie31 so glad they re- appeared for you! That would havr been a nightmare having to walk any further- you need that foot to get better and definitely can't push it...not even for WU. I know I'd be tempted lol! But u have to rest.

So glad they came back!!