December Community Day Announcement

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 921 admin
edited December 2019 in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 December, 2019, 03:31 am.

We’re excited to announce December’s Community Day, which will happen on December 14th from 11am-2pm local time.

Here’s what you can look forward to:

• Increased sightings of Care of Magical Creatures Foundables from the Hagrid's Hut Registry Page, including Hagrid, Baby Norwegian Ridgeback and Buckbeak.
  • 1/2 walking distance needed for unlocking Portmanteaus.
  • Two Special Community Day Portmanteaus: Blue Portmanteaus will reward Abraxan Winged Horse and the White Portmanteaus will reward the Hagrid’s Hut Foundable.
  • Spell Energy will be found on the Map ⚡️
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will have a higher chance of showing Hagrid, Baby Norwegian Ridgeback, and Buckbeak.
  • Baruffio’s Brain Elixir will grant 3x Wizarding XP.
  • Special Assignments for Community Day that will reward Wizard XP, Spell Books, and Gold.
  • A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop featuring Silver Keys and a Potent Exstimulo Potion.

Have fun out there!

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #206 December, 2019, 02:45 am.

@HPWULola the community day sounds amazing. Thanks for the details 😃

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #306 December, 2019, 02:54 am.

Yay!! Buckbeak has been sooo elusive for me so i have a chance to place him at last!!

And will have baruffio brewed ready for the sweet xp!

Thank you! 😀

• MoblinSnoozingMoblinSnoozing Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #406 December, 2019, 03:31 am.

Double walking distance and specific foundable portmanteaus? Cant wait

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #506 December, 2019, 05:13 am.

Thank you @HPWULola for the information. Always a pleasure to read your posts. I’m excited and can’t wait . I missed the last Community Day, however, can’t miss this one. Wish I would have my new wand stylus ready but I’m creating it from scratch via 3D Printing. Still in the design phase.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #606 December, 2019, 05:55 am.

Ohh, @AquaSaiRose will you pretty please post a picture of your wand when you're finished? It sounds awesome!

• atisatis Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #706 December, 2019, 01:03 pm.

Exactly at the same time that Pokemon CD? I guess i will skip this

#806 December, 2019, 04:27 pm.

@HPWULola will there be any increase in monster book of monsters or Firenze as well during the CD?

#906 December, 2019, 05:31 pm.

Of course @Bormacska. I am using TinkerCad. They have a lot of designs out there but I trying to put a little flare on mines.

I will for sure hopefully be the end of the month with the pieces being generated separately I should be able to complete it.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 921 admin
    #1006 December, 2019, 06:34 pm.

@AquaSaiRose That sounds awesome, how creative!!

@Bormacska For this Community Day, the increase will only be with Foundables on Hagrid's Hut Registry page!

#1106 December, 2019, 06:53 pm.

Thanks for the information @HPWULola!

• MalusMalerusMalusMalerus Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1211 December, 2019, 07:09 am.

Will dark detectors work during the event as well?

During the oddities event in October it seemed to chase away the event spawns and produce only normal things

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 128 ✭✭
    #1311 December, 2019, 07:20 am.

@MalusMalerus no dark detector, maybe you just find portkeys as if you want.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1411 December, 2019, 01:23 pm.

I am so excited to find Buckbeak this weekend. I am at 4/11 for him. @kiheikid recommended trying to get Hagrid’s Hut and the Abraxan Horse as close to placed before this weekend so that is what I have been doing. And I am almost there. But am about to run out of Runestones for CMC. But I will be so close that just a few Portkey should do it. And then 7 more Buckbeak and I can prestige that page! Woohoo!!!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019 #1511 December, 2019, 09:23 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - yup, i am right about where you are, except that i had already run out of COMC runestones ... and now i am grrrrrinding COMC traces to rank up and pick up another COMC runestone or two. we went to our local park (which has a COMC flag/nest) yesterday, and i was able to go from 42/100 family xp to 92/100 family xp ... so just a bit more today. i could buy a bag of runestones, but i am not that desperate yet and there is still some time before saturday.

#1611 December, 2019, 10:41 pm.

@kiheikid I am out of CMC runestones. And I don't have anymore runestone gifts. 😕

I have 7/15 Abraxan

10/15 Hagrid's Hut

But when I took your advice earlier this week I was at 4 for both so progress has been made and of course I was able to get 13/15 Puffskein. 🤗😎

So hopefully by Saturday I will be closer. Ironic we both have 4/11 Buckbeak.

#1712 December, 2019, 06:01 am.

@ClairabusGryff - expensive option is to buy as many bag of runestones as you want to spend right now ... primarily for COMC runestones grrrrinding (and you still have the other 9 stones per bag to use later). the downside, however, is that those will be level 1 runestones and might (or might not) have a reduced return rate ... and if so, then you would want to go to higher fortress chambers to maybe even out the chances of a family foundable fragment.

assuming you have enough coins, and keys, you could try to get more fragments from grrrinding until you get yo within 8 (maybe more, if you plan to do extra “walking”* during CD) fragments total for both Hagrid’s Hut (HH) and Winged Abraxsn Horse (WAH), then pick up those special portkey portmanteaus, stick in the desired number of keys, and “walk” (500m during three hour CD; 1km afterwards) and repeat

* ”walking”: if you have a playing partner, you might consider finding a nice big shopping center parking lot, where you can pop your baruffio and trace detection tonic, then make the slow cruise in your car at less than 15mph (in whichever pattern you like) through the parking lot, stopping into a parking space just long enough to pick up the traces you want before moving along and finding the next spot to park and repeat. your partner can be your spotter and let you know when to find a place to park, and also tap onto the more valuable plumed traces for you (and tap the potions icon - without actually choosing a potion yet - to hold the trace a bit better until you can park and handle that trace).

• SheganerSheganer Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #1812 December, 2019, 06:59 am.

Cant wait... it will be fun!

I really like that you are giving us silver keys to help us out because 3 hours is not enough time to do it all with only one golden key, especially if such could be already in use.

#1912 December, 2019, 07:12 am.

Clairabusgryff,

Hello!

Add me as a friend and I will send you few runes presents (only one a day )... hopefully it will help you...

Here is my friend code:

3215 0169 6404...

Good luck Saturday!

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 128 ✭✭
    #2012 December, 2019, 07:12 am.

@Sheganer if ran out silver key, you must waiting use golden key for next portkey so just relax and have fun!

#2112 December, 2019, 07:13 am.

#2212 December, 2019, 04:28 pm.

Just received my announcement on opening up my app this morning. So ready for Community Day. How about you?

#2312 December, 2019, 10:27 pm.

@Sheganer I just sent you a friend request so thank you for that.

@kiheikid you took a page out of my CD play book. That's exactly how I play.

I have thought about buying a few bags of runestones and may do that. As right now I still need a total of 12 between the Abraxan and Hagrid's Hut. 🙄

I think with all of the portkeys being only half a kilometer in the 3 hours we should be able to walk/slowly drive around 4-8 an hour. As long as we can get the 8 missing Buckbeaks we should be good to go!

#2412 December, 2019, 10:28 pm.

Oh and great job @kiheikid on your Hagrid's Hut page. You have done a fantastic job! WOOHOO!!

#2513 December, 2019, 03:53 am.

thank you @ClairabusGryff

look what i found today !

#2613 December, 2019, 04:39 am.

@kiheikid wooboo you did it! So freaking happy for you! Tomorrow I will try some more to get closer! Aloha and good night!

• Passion4PurplePassion4Purple Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2714 December, 2019, 05:07 am.

Why is it the same time as Pokemon CD???

SO disappointing!!!!!!!

• Noni69Noni69 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #2814 December, 2019, 03:15 pm.

It would be so nice if community day actually lasted the entire day or at least more than three hours. 11-6 would be awesome!

• MoteckMoteck Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2915 December, 2019, 03:31 am.

Community day should be all day like you say it is not 3 hours. It's false advertising to say community day..... When it's not a full day.