Extravagant Gifts + RED BOOK BONUS

LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
in Gifts #1 latest comment 12 August, 2020, 12:48 am.

Has anyone else received a red book bonus when opening an extravagant gift? I’ve gotten two so far! 😱🀩

Β«1

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #204 December, 2019, 06:47 am.

yup, every extravagant runestone gift seems to come with a red book ... treasure those giftgivers in particular !!

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    #304 December, 2019, 07:20 am.

@kiheikid yes definitely!! πŸ₯° πŸ“š

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #404 December, 2019, 09:56 am.

I received one and was able to send two or three extravagant runestones when the gifts were launched, but now I don't seem to be able to gather any more of those, just essencial ones.

Even when I play at Forest II with a level 5 runestone or Forest III with level 2 runestones, I don't get one - I'm a solo player, so it's hard to go higher on the fortress with high level runestones, but I'm still trying. Can't go higher than Forest V with a level 1 runestone, it's quite tough and depletes my potions stock.

Any hints on how to gather extravagant runestone gifts to be sent? I love to send those!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #504 December, 2019, 11:09 am.

Same here @EowynRio I haven’t found anything better than Sponsored lately.

#604 December, 2019, 02:34 pm.

@EowynRio I’ll pay attention more and see if the extravagant gifts are random or from specific places. I know I gave out 4 or 5 extravagant gifts yesterday so they’re coming from somewhere still. And I have 3 to open from my friends list. So others are still finding and sending those as well. 😌 πŸ§ͺ 🎁 πŸ“š πŸ§™πŸ»‍♀️

#704 December, 2019, 03:08 pm.

@LadyRedIII Thanks a lot! Perhaps it is random. I work hard on all levels of the fortresses to gather as many runestone gifts as I can. I try to make sure I have 30 gifts to send every day, if I can. I just love sending them, especially extravagant ones of any kind and runestones. So far, I haven't been lucky in collecting extravagant runestones, but I'll keep trying. Any hints are most welcome! 🀩

#804 December, 2019, 03:15 pm.

@Dewin99 thanks for sharing your experience. And thank you so much for your gifts. They are precious. Diolch yn fawr! (is that correct? I love Wales!)

I'll keep an eye to see if it's random or there's some special fortress level or runestone to get them. If I learn something new, I'll let you know.

#904 December, 2019, 03:17 pm.

@LadyRedIII I posted a reply to your comment but I guess it's being approved. If it doesn't show up, I'll send it again...

#1004 December, 2019, 03:17 pm.

@LadyRedIII Thanks a lot! Perhaps it is random. I work hard on all levels of the fortresses to gather as many runestone gifts as I can. I try to make sure I have 30 gifts to send every day, if I can. I just love sending them, especially extravagant ones of any kind and runestones. So far, I haven't been lucky in collecting extravagant runestones, but I'll keep trying. Any hints are most welcome! 🀩

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭
    #1104 December, 2019, 03:44 pm.

Please send me extravagant runestones my witch and wizard friendsπŸ₯Ί! I need so many spellbooks!

Also, I haven’t gotten an extravagant runestone yet from a fortress to send yet. Just essentials. Pure luck or strategy? Do we need to play in higher chambers to get extravagant runestones?

#1204 December, 2019, 10:41 pm.

De nada! @EowynRio Croeso!

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1305 December, 2019, 01:12 am.

Today I played about 10 different times at a fortress as there is one at my office. And I got two extravagant and two essential and then 6 regular fortress gifts. So I think it is just random. Anyone who sends me an extravagant gift of any sorts I do my absolute best to return the favor.

#1405 December, 2019, 06:33 am.

@EowynRio I found 2 inns that returned extravagant gifts 2 out of 3 visits. And other inns that never returned any extravagant regardless of being visited 12 times (coffee/hot cocoa date with my toddler). So there might be some that are more likely to return than others. I picked up a few in the fortress but I played the same level each time so it was just random luck getting one in the fortress. My guess is visit all the locations near by and make a list of which ones are more frequently gifting extravagant gifts and then hit those places more frequently. Hope this helps πŸ€—

• PeppeluuPeppeluu Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1510 December, 2019, 01:40 pm.

I play forest chamber II, III & IV and I pick up extravant runestones gifts every day.

#1612 December, 2019, 08:43 pm.

@Peppeluu that’s good to know! Thanks for the tip!

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1714 December, 2019, 08:23 am.

@Acumen @AuroraKadavra @MrSciGuy and all my friends - I am struggling to gather decent gifts to send, so please bear with me πŸ˜€

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1814 December, 2019, 04:00 pm.

LoL, no worries @OriginalCaruso. Same boat here. The inns, greenhouses, and fortresses have not been at all kind to me these last few days.

#1914 December, 2019, 04:03 pm.

@Acumen - I acquired just over 100,000 XP today and repeatedly hit peak Spell Energy (515) today yet didn’t acquire anything worthy of sending to you, glad to see it’s not just me!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2014 December, 2019, 07:35 pm.

Have typed 2 replies now @OriginalCaruso to you but they seem to have gone into limbo!

@LadyRedIII with the extravagant runes, my experience so far has been that i get them in chambers level 10 and upwards. Ive done a few level 8 and just got ordinary, plus lots of the lower chambers 1-5 and never get an extravagant from those.

So my guess to myself has been that i need to go in level 10 at least to have the chance to get extravagant rune gifts.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2114 December, 2019, 11:11 pm.

@OriginalCaruso many of us are having the same issue. As far as I believe, these are gifts. Giving is not, nor should it be expected. As some of us are not as mobile as we might like, it means we can only gather what we are able. So thank you for all the gifts in every form!

#2215 December, 2019, 12:58 am.

@Bormacska - Totally agree, though I do like to give decent gifts in return for those gratefully received, particularly from those friends who contribute here which includes yourself

#2316 December, 2019, 06:56 am.

@AuroraKadavra I wonder if it is straight across the board for everyone or if the tower level is based on your skill level. Which gifts are you needing more of currently?

edited December 2019 #2416 December, 2019, 02:11 pm.

@OriginalCaruso and @Bormacska what are your friend codes?

#2516 December, 2019, 08:03 pm.

@LadyRedIII - 0925 8362 1828

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2616 December, 2019, 11:08 pm.

Sent 😁

• TwinGypsyTwinGypsy Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    #2723 March, 2020, 01:57 pm.

@OriginalCaruso @Bormacska @ClairabusGryff @AuroraKadavra @Acumen @LadyRedIII @MrSciGuy

Good morning my beautiful friends 🌞

I was reading thru this discussion on fortresses & the gifts they give, as I'm trying to figure out how to get more extravagant and essential runestone gifts to give out to others-when I play fortresses. I like to return the gesture when I'm gifted extravagant & essential runestones, but can't figure out a specific pattern as to how one receives those when playing in a fortress.

Originally-- I'm a professor, grade 11 almost 12--and I've played forest & tower chambers 10 at 11 and occasionally----very rare---depending if I use a health potions once or twice in combination with strong or potent exstimilo potions. Also depending on how many foes I'm up against . I've been gifted essential runestone gifts on occasion from the fortress I play in but can't figure out what I did to get them? I've checked my gift bank after I've played towers/forest chambers & most times it's a regular Runestone to give away? I've checked after battling an elite for as well in the mix. I've also switched & played auror, I'm a grade nine and I've received extravagant ones playing with eight or nine twice, again depending if I use a potent exstimulo & health potion. Does this also depend on the number of the runestone and/or the category (ie: oddities, dark arts, mysterious artifacts) that you choose for that chamber?

Okay, point being, has anybody figured out the pattern yet or what specifically you need to do when playing fortresses to receive essential and extravagant runestone gifts and your gifts bank to give to others? Most of my friends list including myself gift back & forth ex & ess Runestone gifts. I give out and I keep in mind who given me essential and extravagant gifts--but I sometimes play for hours at a fortress & I can't seem to receive & reciprocate back the ess & ex runestones to thevfriends who gift them to me..... Only regular ones. It bugs me because I can't figure out what's specifically required, or a pattern or whatever. I hope what I'm asking makes sense? I just feel bad when I can't reciprocate back even after playing for ungodly amount of time LOL. Thank you to any of you guys who can offer any sort of guidance what direction you guys are always awesome with any questions I ever have.

#2823 March, 2020, 03:19 pm.

@TwinGypsy I’m afraid it’s all random. I’ve had an Extravagant Runestone drop from Ruins 1 with a L1 runestone, and a ‘normal‘ runestone from Dark IV with a L5 runestone! There is no pattern unfortunately.

One bit of advice that I can give is to play at Sponsored Fortresses. My success rate is slightly higher when playing in those.

As it stands, I’m sure people will understand if you can’t return the same level gifts. Everyone is struggling with the current restrictions.

Good luck & stay safe.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2923 March, 2020, 04:57 pm.

What’s up @TwinGypsy! Unfortunately it’s like Dewin said, completely random (or so we think at least). There used to be a way to get extravagant energy consistently, but they fixed that and made it random as well. And yes, we’re all probably in the same boat with lockdowns right now, so just stay safe and don’t worry about getting gifts to send if you can’t! Health is the top priority right now! I feel bad I can’t reciprocate gifts much right now, but I am not chancing my or my family’s health to go out and about.

• TwinGypsyTwinGypsy Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    #3023 March, 2020, 08:25 pm.

@Dewin99 thank you so much for answering. Unfortunately the closest "sponsored fortress" is 45 minutes away. Even before the restrictions, I wondered about the gifts being random. No big deal, I was curious. I hope everything is going well on your end. Thanks so much for being so helpful. I'm grateful.

@MrSciGuy how's it going?!!? I just flew thru Chicago O'Hare yesterday & it was--- A)a ghost town, never ever have seen it so empty, but it was nice not to feel crowded. TSA were literally waiting for people. I've never seen zero lines. It was surreal. B) Felt like I had my own private jet service haha! 12 people total including flight attendants on a 150 capacity passenger plane. 7 travelers including my daughter & I. Home in one piece although flying my kiddo back & turning around the same day (14 1/2 hours total), was exhausting.

As far as restrictions & such with the world health issue. I play in my car (I know I sound ridiculously lazy) but in Maine, the winters are a bit chilly to put it mildly & I go stir crazy as it is & need to get out. Although I condensed my friends list down to 24 people who play every day, I try my best to reciprocate extravagant/essential gifts of any sort. But I'm with you, I feel a bit bad. I don't usually keep spell energy gifts to give away to others unless they're extravagant because of how little the amounts are. I personally feel even prior to this pandemic, that the spell energy gifts weren't enough. Hence any sort of Runestone gift sent out is usually appreciated from anyone. Ingredient gifts are hit & miss lol. Anyway, there's never a short response from me no matter how hard I try. I do appreciate you helping & offering advice. It's helped tremendously in the past. πŸ˜¬πŸ€“

Thank you both so much for taking the time to answer. Gold star stickers for you both haha. I should start I sticker chart huh.... Just kidding. Have a wonderful rest of the day you two!!!πŸŒžπŸ˜ƒ

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3123 March, 2020, 09:33 pm.

Hi @TwinGypsy!! Good to see your name. We aren’t friends so can you friend me please? 9808 0516 7107.

We are all in the same gift boat and I really hope the HPWU team is able to drop gifts on the ground like ingredients and spell energy. So many of us aren’t able to go anywhere and these gifts are our lifeline right now. Staying in touch with players and the gifts themselves. Although I have like 575 runestones in my vault without a way to get out and use them currently. But I try to get gifts but all the inns and GH are being very stingy. So just hang in there. I heard that where I live maybe going into a shelter in place order soon.

Everyone stay safe.