etiquette of deleting invites and/or friends ??

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 04 December, 2019, 10:22 pm.

is there an etiquette regarding:

(a) deleting invitations without accepting them at all ?

(b) deleting friends on your list after you already accepted their invitation ?

i don’t know quite what to do. i was not able to go full speed pottering in the brilliant event when it first started this morning (work deadline, blah blah). by the time i cleared my desk after lunch, ready to go in earnest, i had 48 new invites (with banners flashing across my screen in such rapid succession that i could not even pick up an ingredient or brilliant portkey portmanteau until the banners stopped about 1-2 full minutes layer). i already have 111 folks on the friends list (already in need of some pruning, to be honest, because some of those names have been fairly inactive ... i suspect just to satisfy the add-a-friend requirement from previous events).

just do it (delete) without explanation ?

delete, but then start an explanation/apology thread here (and would that only make them feel worse) ?

i dunno - all very new to me, this social media friends thing here.

pointers and suggestions would be welcome

thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭
    #203 December, 2019, 11:48 pm.

I regularly cull my list of non players. If they haven't played since the last event is a good indicator if their last return was a brilliant.

I also use werewolf returns as a guide.

#304 December, 2019, 12:03 am.

Also, if you're inundated with requests from your thread I would suggest changing your friend code and letting people know in the thread. I work from the last poster so I know it's more needed.

• Merlady1Merlady1 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #404 December, 2019, 02:41 am.

I agree with the above. Delete people and don’t feel guilty. I, too, am inundated with the alert banners that must be cleared before beginning play. I feel like they are sometimes repetitive, and I’m getting the same alerts over and over. Especially I have to restart the app.

• Rdamon1982Rdamon1982 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #504 December, 2019, 02:48 am.

Accept and then delete them.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    edited December 4 #604 December, 2019, 02:54 am.

yup, i am accepting the new invites so they all have a friend for long enough to satisfy the task assignment ... and then from that point forward, i won’t feel too bad about deleting them from the list if and when the time comes

thanks for sharing your thoughts

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    #704 December, 2019, 02:58 am.

I had to change my friend code on the second day of the last event when I went from 40 friends to over 115. Most are active, but honestly I would be happy sitting at a 50 or 65 cap. Everyone's thoughts on this really help as I am getting anxious about not sending enough "good" gifts in a day to people.

#804 December, 2019, 03:30 am.

@Bormacska - do you know if there is a limit on number of times one’s friend code can be changed? also, once code is changed, do pte-existing friends stay as friends until affirmatively deleted, or are they automatically deleted when friend code changes?

• Li11eeLi11ee Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #904 December, 2019, 03:31 am.

Can someone explain this change my friend code thing?

Pros:

Cons:

Warned you, type A personality. I need my lists 🤔

Do I have to resend codes to folks already on my list?

~Lillee

#1004 December, 2019, 03:51 am.

i accepted all the invites received today, and went up to 179/200 friends.

i then started deleting, and am back down to 122/200.

i don’t feel bad.

i don’t feel bad about not feeling bad.

but i will pretend to feel bad about something just so i can have ice cream with the last of the leftover pecan pie (we had lots).

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    #1104 December, 2019, 04:02 am.

@kiheikid, @Li11ee : If they are already friends, they stay on your list. It is just if someone new comes along you give them the new code.

For me I felt inundated when I had publicly posted my code in trying to help people meet the new friend requirement of the last brilliant event . I don't mind that people picked it up to use it, but in less than two days I gained 75 new friends. Changing my code helped stop the explosion and ease some of the anxiety of the first week of gifting as I was trying to send out gifts to everyone on my list daily.

I think the only con will be having to post the new code publicly if they don't ever give us some sort of private or direct messaging on here or in the game.

@HPWULola do you know if there is a limit to how many times or how often we can change our friend code?

#1204 December, 2019, 05:20 am.

@Bormacska - thank you for the explanation and suggestion. i am getting close to reaching the code change point ... i probably missed out on a foundable or two when multiple banners blasted in rapid succession across the screen at vital moments. i don’t mind helping folks achieve a task by becoming “friends” but at some point i need to focus on my own attempts to achieve various tasks without interruption or distraction.

@HPWULola - is there a way to turn off ONLY the banners that flash across the screen when an invite is received and/or a giftbox is received, but not for other aspects of the game ?? as feedback, please let @HPWUTeam know that the constant barrage of invite/giftbox notifications during middle of gameplay is a distraction, at best, and a visual **** (ie, unwelcome and invasive), at worst. thank you.

#1304 December, 2019, 05:39 am.

Don't delete friends for the task immediately. If it's anything like Pogo you only get the credit when you're online.

I went bestie with someone on Monday while I was asleep. When I woke they had already removed me so no so or increase in bf count.

I know I can contact them to be re added and open a gift from them and get credit but it seems a bit pointless.

#1404 December, 2019, 06:30 am.

@HPWULola ... hmm, re post #12 above, the word i used that got replaced with **** was:

a - s - s - a - u - l - t

#1504 December, 2019, 08:33 am.

@HPWULola -

by the way, if person A sends a giftbox to person B, and then person B deletes person A from person B’s list of friends without collecting person A’s giftbox, what happens to that giftbox ?

• Li11eeLi11ee Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #1604 December, 2019, 02:17 pm.

"i don’t feel bad.

i don’t feel bad about not feeling bad.

but i will pretend to feel bad about something just so i can have ice cream with the last of the leftover pecan pie (we had lots)."

I want to be like @kiheikid when I grow up

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #1704 December, 2019, 03:53 pm.

I personally think scrubbing of people who haven’t played in a long time (last foundable was a brilliant death eater? Umm. I’m sorry)

It’s nothing against the people. I just feel overwhelmed. It’s already hard to keep track of what type of gifts the people I know and talk to would like. I get anxiety from the simplest of things. There are so many unopened gifts due to the 10 gift open limit and I feel bad for the players who sent me those gifts who might think that I don’t consider them important enough. That’s so not true! I just pick the gifts based on what I plan to do that day!

Okay, I totally feel bad about the scrubbing, but I need some sense and order in that page!

• HPWULolaHPWULola Posts: 385 admin
    #1804 December, 2019, 07:55 pm.

Hi everyone! I don't believe there is a limit to how many times one can change their friend code.

@kiheikid If you delete a friend who has sent you a gift, you will not be able to collect that gift as it won't appear on your list. However, if you re-add that friend, that gift will appear and be collectable.

Also, good feedback regarding the notifications! I will pass this along.

#1904 December, 2019, 08:15 pm.

@HPWULola - thank you for the explanation. for the hypothetical discussed above, it sounds like person A’s giftbox is trapped in limbo, collectible only by person B if and when person B were to re-add person A to person B’s friends list ... but that giftbox cannot be re-gifted by person A to person C even though person B is no longer a friend.

• HPWULolaHPWULola Posts: 385 admin
    #2004 December, 2019, 10:22 pm.

@kiheikid Yep!