bring back fluffy + death eater + azkaban escapee of oddities V registry page

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 20 April, 2020, 11:46 pm.

bring back fluffy + death eater + azkaban escapee of oddities V registry page

please

Comments

• ChelseaDagger13ChelseaDagger13 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #203 December, 2019, 02:37 pm.

Yes, please!

• AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 101 ✭✭
    #303 December, 2019, 06:07 pm.

Yes please... I would like to work on that page to (I am missing few items for original page)...

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #403 December, 2019, 06:38 pm.

Yes! I've never seen one since event!

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #503 December, 2019, 08:40 pm.

As my kids used to say, "Pretty please with a cherry top?"

#604 December, 2019, 10:11 am.

And I would say the same for Dragons... I totally missed that event (haven't been playing at the time... long story), so my dragon pages are empty... So show us some dragons, or maybe new dragon event or something...

• ThugNastyDeejThugNastyDeej Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #704 December, 2019, 10:24 am.

@AndyRozman that would be awesome if they would do another dragon event. Maybe they will make them more common after so much time has passed since their release and they move on to release something else.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #822 December, 2019, 07:57 am.

@HPWUTeam - bueller? bueller? anyone? anyone? ^

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #923 December, 2019, 02:31 pm.

I see a dragon once a week usually and some weeks two times a week but the last page I don’t get. There isn’t a fortress fragment on the page which kind of seems odd as the oddities group only has two fragments for the whole group and I have a gazillion oddity runestones as those are the most common ones I get in gifts but the last page with Fluffy I haven’t seen one of those three times since that October Brilliant Event the page was released in. So very odd. I have 13/15 Fluffy and the other two placed images. I just watched the scorcerer’s Stone with the actual Fluffy the other day and would love to see him/them(???) on here! 🐶 🐶 🐶

#1023 December, 2019, 10:01 pm.

You see Dragons every week... That is weird... Since I missed original event, I haven't seen Dragon... ever...

How do you get gazillion oddity runstones... I have to work very hard (read pick every oddity foundable), to get just few... I haven't gotten one as a gift...

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #1124 December, 2019, 01:49 am.

@AndyRozman dragon can be found in clear day but this is lowest chance to get one. You can easier find if you are in special mall...

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #1224 December, 2019, 07:33 pm.

@ClairabusGryff #jealous I know even people in my area have seen dragons [cough]wyverns[cough] but I’m yet to come across one since the Day of the dragons.

According to the Fluffy poster, they can be spotted near places where muggles gather to listen to music?, but I’m too poor to attend concerts!

edited December 2019 #1324 December, 2019, 09:50 pm.

it must be some kind of software developer mentality, rather than a collector mentality, to constantly release NEW NEW NEW stuff, at the expense of leaving behind and ignoring unfinished business.

but i just do not understand ... it costs HPWU / niantic nothing to just let these 3 oddities spawn at normal rates commensurate with their threat level, rather than not at all. it’s almost as if this set of october 2019 (yes, only two months old) foundables are so old as to be an embarassment, to be locked away in a musty old trunk stored in the attic.

i would urge the@HPWUTeam to: (1) stop releasing new stuff unless and until it is confirmed to be free of major bugs (not asking for perfection, just asking for no big problems); and (2) prioritize fixing the existing important stuff that is broken; and (3) let folks have a decent chance of completing existing registry pages before introducing yet another new registry page; and (4) hire a professional communications manager in charge of communicating to 100% of active players in-game (not via social media where you have way less than 100% and skewed demographics)

ps: bring back fluffy ... please

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1425 December, 2019, 12:38 pm.

I'd say it's likely that they'll make fluffy more common again at some point as part of another event. The "gotta catch em all" aspect of WU is similar enough to Pokemon Go that I suspect they're using a similar approach.

For those who haven't played Pokemon Go, particular rare Pokemon will periodically be announced to be showing up for a limited time (a weekend, a week, maybe even a month depending on the event). Some rare Pokemon have made repeat appearances, but it takes a while (think of Delibird appearing every Christmas season). If I'm right, it just hasn't been long enough for fluffy to make another appearance.

It's a long game which is still relatively new. Be patient, we'll get a chance to fill in all of our missing stickers eventually.

#1525 December, 2019, 07:49 pm.

I want to pet 3 puppy heads. That’s my argument.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭
    #1626 December, 2019, 07:46 am.

@ClairabusGryff You see dragons once or twice a week? Where are you if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in Australia and have seen 2 dragons since Day of the Dragons. The first was a on 30 September, after 4,694 foundable returns since the DoD.

The second was 18 December which was after returning a further 12,064 foundables since the previous dragon.

Our regional dragon is only severe so it would be logical for this dragon to have double the amount of spawns than the Asian, American variant.

Speaking of fluffy, I'm at 4/15.

#1726 December, 2019, 03:17 pm.

@WerewolfChaser I live in San Antonio, Texas and as a matter of fact I saw a dragon yesterday on Christmas. -Peruvian Vipertooth!! But I have yet to see the two that were not for my area - so how are we supposed to prestige a page we don’t have access to half the items based on our geography? Perhaps there will be another day of the dragons and we will see them all again. And of course there are the dragons eggs which I haven’t seen a single one of those since the event.

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #1826 December, 2019, 06:04 pm.

I was so happy that I laughed out loud when I saw a dragon yesterday on Christmas!

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭
    #1927 December, 2019, 02:26 am.

@ClairabusGryff That is insane. Our dragon is lower threat and half the xp. It should be more common.

Fortunately the DoD had the other dragon on our prestige page so we have it broken down prestiged once.

#2027 December, 2019, 04:12 am.

@WerewolfChaser I know it is going to be a good day when I see a dragon!! 🐉

• HOOTowl09HOOTowl09 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #2121 February, 2020, 10:40 pm.

It seems that the foundables on the Oddities V page are definitely available outside of events now!

I reported Fluffy sightings and @Emyferret reported Death Eater sightings yesterday on this thread: https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/3269/fluffy/p2

@Greendragon9 also reported Death Eater sightings on another thread:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/5102/crazy-in-love-event-details#latest

I am happy to say that I also just had 2 Death Eater sightings! I saw them in a non-landmarked area near a greenhouse. Current conditions in the app are Clear, Dusk, Waning Crescent Moon.

Now we just need to figure out if they are weather and/or time related like other oddities. If they do relate to time of day, I would expect the Azkaban Escapee to be a nighttime one - I mean who would escape during the day :)

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2221 February, 2020, 10:51 pm.

Confirmed!!! Just had a death eater in my backyard!

• HOOTowl09HOOTowl09 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #2321 February, 2020, 11:19 pm.

@MrSciGuy Any chance you checked the weather in your app? Just wondering if it will be strictly time related or if weather plays a role.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2421 February, 2020, 11:33 pm.

@HOOTowl09 I didn’t check for the first two I saw, but it was probably dusk. However I just got a third and it says clear night.

But I’ve also been reading accounts of people getting them all day, so not quite sure. They must’ve just unlocked and bumped them up!

#2521 February, 2020, 11:39 pm.

My friend finished all 30 death eaters last night on the bronze page after 6 pm and prestige it to silver before 10. Dunno how he saw them all. I did see one death eater today at 5 AM.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2622 February, 2020, 01:34 am.

Partly cloudy dusk, waning crescent moon. Finally saw the DE swarm people have been so excited about! 🎉✨

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2722 February, 2020, 03:41 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion Working hard to prestige to silver. Deatheaters started appearing this morning and we've been at it all day not knowing how long their appearance will last. Gonna burn the midnight oil and get it done. I have encountered 16 of 30 so far. Over the hump!

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22 #2822 February, 2020, 04:01 am.

hmm... comment disappeared, no notification for moderation and no draft. Let's see if it makes it to the thread. As for Dragons, I'm seeing them almost regularly now since the last dragon event. Love the dragons, so fun to encounter.

"Maybe they will make them more common after so much time has passed since their release and they move on to release something else." @ThugNastyDeej Sound logic.

#2922 February, 2020, 04:41 am.

first death eater for me since october ... at 6:30ish pm (dusk) - clear weather

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3022 February, 2020, 06:59 pm.

Started out with four of the escapee and Fluffy, but last night was a decent haul on DE. This was from dusk to midnight intermittent playing and one at dawn. Have also been catching dragons the past few days (which outside the events I never see (or very rarely)!

#3120 April, 2020, 09:01 am.

heads up ... 3 death eaters in 90 minutes, without a tonic ... what’s going on ?!

thinking about popping a tonic to see if it brings/reveals even more death eaters