14 RSB!?

BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 25 ✭✭
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 05 December, 2019, 02:23 am.

The last event in November and the first event in December both only have 14 RSB total as rewards. This is not enough for one of the many skills that Professors need. What happened to awarding 15 skill books? If each event keeps only rewarding 14 RSB, that means two more weeks of waiting for the next skill. People that didn't attend the Indianapolis event missed out on an entire months worth of event RSBs, since there was no events for those that didn't go to Indianapolis. Why are you torturing Professors so much, when event other profession can have completed Lesson plans, by now?

Comments

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    #203 December, 2019, 07:28 am.

What’s the issue? I have collected enough RB to complete Professor lesson plan (except for GB lessons) without attending the Indianapolis event and am working on stockpiling RB for future use

This will all balance out in the end

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    #303 December, 2019, 08:11 am.

i am with you, @BenTiger ... i suspect that the game-makers are running behind on developing new skills for the next lesson-plan (kinda not surprising if they had to divert their attention to putting out dumpster fires practically every version update), and therefore need to slow folks down however possible from maxing out the skill-tree (is that it?, we all then would ask) ... including rooking (there, i did not use the word that rhymes with “pypping”) us on the 15th green book ... and that hits us professors disproportionately hard

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #403 December, 2019, 09:10 am.

@OriginalCaruso Eternity's long. Especially towards the end.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #503 December, 2019, 05:45 pm.

I thought they might keep up with rewarding spell books too, since that’s what I need now. I’ve already fulfilled my RSB needs for my Auror skilltree and decided to put them to use in the magizoo skilltree. But I need so many spell books!

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #604 December, 2019, 05:05 pm.

@OriginalCaruso Only beta players and exploiters have enough RSB to complete their lesson plan. Any one that has played since day 1, without attending Indianapolis, playing in beta, or exploiting rewards is missing 44 RSB (if they completed the current brilliant event) to complete their Lesson plan.

RSB are Restricted Section Books, aka Green Books... if you are missing the skills that require them, then you have not completed your lesson plan.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited December 4 #704 December, 2019, 05:50 pm.

@BenTiger What do you mean by exploiters?

#804 December, 2019, 08:35 pm.

@CeruleanGirl there was an exploit that some players were using to keep getting rewards over and over, by using two phones logged in the same account. Thankfully, they patched the game to prevent the exploit, but sadly there is no word if they will ban them.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    #1004 December, 2019, 09:57 pm.

@BenTiger - there was an earlier thread where it was agreed RB = Red Book and GB = Green Book to avoid confusion and I use these abbreviations in my comments

I am in the same position as @Acumen where I need GB to complete the lesson plan but have fulfilled all RB requirements

#1104 December, 2019, 10:35 pm.

@OriginalCaruso I still prefer RSB and SB for Restricted Section Book and Spell Book. I prefer not to discriminate against those that are color blind.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1205 December, 2019, 12:02 am.

Haha! I'm color blind, but I still prefer to call them red books and green books. Still, that comment was awesome @BenTiger. Almost made me do a spit take while sipping my peppermint tea.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    edited December 5 #1305 December, 2019, 02:23 am.

@OriginalCaruso I don't think a brief discussion between a few forum members amounts to a site wide agreement! In fact, that attitude (although hopefully unintentional) comes across as somewhat elitist. It was very, very clear what the OP meant, regardless of which acronym was used.