what is canon source for certain foundables ?

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Story #1 latest comment 01 December, 2019, 02:06 am.

ever wonder where in the potter “canon” a certain foundable is mentioned (canon books) or seen (canon films) ?

i’m sure the collective brain trust among us players will be able to find the answer, even without googling!

i would have asked where dirigible plums are found in potter canon, but as luck would have it, there was a potter movie marathon on cable tv last weekend and i now know the answer ... growing in the garden right outside the lovegood home as shown in hp & the deathly hallows part 1, as the trio arrive to find out more about the curious symbol that appears in hermione’s copy of the tales of beedle the bard, bequeathed to her by dumbledore

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019 #228 November, 2019, 06:56 am.

by the way, i was pretty sure there is no vampire in the potter books or films ... but i think HPWU also treats rowling’s essays at pottermore as canon —————> https://www.wizardingworld.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/vampires

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019 #328 November, 2019, 08:02 am.

@kiheikid there is one vampire in the whole series of novels: Sanguini. He is one of the guests during Slughorn's little soirée. Or at least his handler was invited. Definitely a predator, no sparkles there.

(It's strange how some things stick in your mind when you've spent a few years helping out around Potter-themed sims in Second Life. Might be related to the number of times vampire characters were declined)

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #428 November, 2019, 08:26 am.

@DubiousAffairs - ah, thank you!! must go back and re-read that part!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #530 November, 2019, 03:18 am.

@DubiousAffairs thanks for reminding me - I forgot the name. And now that you mention it, Rowling was very clever (as always) with the name Sanguini for her vampire: exsanguination is the cause of death due to blood loss. Exsanguination - Sanguini. It’s perfect!

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #601 December, 2019, 02:06 am.

The trio chase out the Doxies from the curtains of Grimmauld place (where they return to in the game) at dawn