November Event: Help Iconic Legends from the Hogwarts Potions Classroom

HPWULolaHPWULola Posts: 385 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 02 December, 2019, 10:16 am.

Witches and wizards,

Get ready to grab a copy of Advanced Potion Making and brush up on your Potion-brewing skills. During this limited-time event you can help return heroic Legends of Hogwarts Foundables from the Potions Classroom Registry Page including Harry, Sirius, Snape and Hedwig. Copies of Advanced Potion Making can be unlocked from special event Portkey Portmanteaus, so keep a lookout on the Map. Make sure to also put your Potion-brewing skills to use by brewing Tonic for Trace Detection, which will help reveal even more Potions Classroom Foundables.

From Tuesday, November 26 at 11 a.m. PST to Monday, December 2 at 11 a.m. PST, be prepared for the following:

• Increased sightings of Legends of Hogwarts: Potions Classroom Traces including Snape, Sirius, Hedwig and Harry
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will increase the chance of encountering Legends of Hogwarts: Potion Classroom Traces
  • Tonic for Trace detection will have Master Note effectiveness increased
  • Erumpent Horn Potion Ingredients will appear on the Map more frequently
  • Special 1 km event Portkey Portmanteaus will appear on the Map, which will transport you to a new environment, Professor Snape’s Office
  • The Advanced Potion Making Foundable will have an increased chance of being collected from special event Portkeys
  • A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop featuring a Silver Key and a Tonic for Trace Detection Potion

Share your achievements along the way using #WizardsUnite on social, and make sure to follow along on our official FacebookTwitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates. While you’re at it, visit the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community and discuss your plans with others!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team

Tagged:

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    #226 November, 2019, 05:42 am.

i’ll make sure to be ready at 10am PST !

😉

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #326 November, 2019, 05:58 pm.

Only one hour more for me to wait.

Is it time yet?

How about now?

😁

• HerMayreeHerMayree Posts: 76 ✭✭
    #426 November, 2019, 09:07 pm.

I have the gift, but still nothing in events!!! No one in my area has it!!! We have done all assets and restarted!!!

• PainsleePainslee Posts: 2
    #526 November, 2019, 09:27 pm.

I have the same issue, I even deleted the game and re downloaded it and still nothing for the registry, tasks.

edited November 27 #727 November, 2019, 04:09 am.

thanks @HPWULola

• ZaansGroenZaansGroen Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #828 November, 2019, 09:01 am.

I just looked at my Potions Classroom; Hedwig full (1, duh!); Sneep full, Sirius (6/8), Harry (3/11), Half-Blood Prince's Copy (2/15)...

So, What this event will bring me is hopefully Sirius full, but for the rest the totally imbalanced page will remain. Maybe i will score some Harry's, but never enough. And I will meet numerous Hedwig and Sneeps

Maybe better set the balance right instead of theis event...

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November 28 #928 November, 2019, 03:05 pm.

@ZaansGroen not sure what you’re talking about. I think they did a nice job with this. I was at 3/11 Harrys before the mini event and within 2 days was able to max out Harry. Each 1k portkey gives you the potion textbook, so you just need to walk and open those. You can prestige that page pretty easily thanks to what they did this week.

• PierogalloPierogallo Posts: 3
    #1028 November, 2019, 05:07 pm.

Hi

I have used 2 times the tonic potion and haven't seen any hogwart foundables with it. Is it really working? I have seen many more Sirius, Snape and hedwige traces (without tonic) but no Harry. Is there special places to visit to find him (I play in Lyon-France) ?

Thanks

#1128 November, 2019, 06:16 pm.

@Pierogallo - a TOnic for Trace Detection (TTD) should bring Harry once or twice in a 30-minute session (but my very first time this week, no Harry). i did find Harry a few times without TTD, but that was random. once at home. two or three times in shopping mall parking lots. make sure you have enough dawdle draughts and are willing to use them on Harry! Harry tries to disintegrate on me at least half of the time.

#1228 November, 2019, 06:27 pm.

@ZaansGroen - don’t give up hope. as of tuesday morning before event started, i had 3/11 Harry Potter fragments and 4/11 Half Blood Prince’s Copy Of Advanced Potion Making (HBPCOAPM) fragments.

I prestiged the page Wednesday evening. and while i was trying to complete Harry and HBPCOAPM, there were more spawns of Sirius and Snape and Hedwig than i could deal with.

and there are still four days left ... plenty of time!!

i did use the 3 free silver keys we received recently from daily treasure plus one more silver key from my stash, but otherwise it has bern my gold key used on 1km portkeys one at a time.

also exhausted my stash of dawdle draughts (about 9 or 10) so i am brewing more now. you have to be willing to use them, even twice on same trace, because you will likely kick yourself for not popping a second dawdle draught after first one expires ... i certainly experienced that bitterness a few times. when i was down to my last two Harry fragments, i used potent exstimulo instead of usual strong exstimulo - no more fooling around!!

• MoblinSnoozingMoblinSnoozing Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1328 November, 2019, 06:41 pm.

Any chance of a Black Friday deal appearing in the shop?

#1428 November, 2019, 07:26 pm.

sure, arm and leg reduced to just hand and foot !! 😆

#1529 November, 2019, 12:03 am.

@kiheikid well, third tonic for trace detection used tonight, still nothing special happening. Just usual common traces appearing. I'll keep trying but it seems I'm unlucky with this. Fortunately I had one Harry on random this evening.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1630 November, 2019, 08:39 am.

@Pierogallo and @ZaansGroen ive found things similar to you in that the trace tonic i used 3 times in the first few couple of days didnt bring any Harry's or much at all really!! So i gave up on that one & just use it like i usually do which is in combination with a dark detector at an inn to help bring higher level threats- that often works.

Iv found that Harry has always been on the main roads in my town but mostly right in the town centre, so ive had to go to the busiest parts with most poi's to get him.

Also agree with what @kiheikid has said that he definitely needs a potion using on him or hel depart. Sometimes i use basic exstimulo instead of dawdle cos its quicker & easier to brew & i find it often works. But on harry to place him i used strong exstimulo every time.

Theres still plenty of time for you to place him, ive prestiged just on thursday night- which was slow for me as im usually out more & on the ball with the game lol. But I definitely needed to get into town & use potions for harry.

Now im trying to place him again quick because he was so rare before- so im busy brewing exstimulo & have the rental cauldron going too!

Good luck, im sure you'll get there with him by tues 😊

#1730 November, 2019, 08:11 pm.

@AuroraKadavra thank you, what you said about town center made me think it was where I met Harry 2 times yesterday. So I had a walk there today and met him 5 times in about 2 hours, got him 3 (I was running out of potions!). I used tonics and dark detectors but only one tonic brought one of these appearances. More efficient to walk in the center on random! If there are some players from Lyon reading this, it was in the Presqu'île area between Bellecour and Terreaux places. Now I have 8/11 fragments, hopefully I'll finish tomorrow 😊

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 57 ✭✭
    #1830 November, 2019, 08:32 pm.

My wife and i both used a tonic today at the same time. She saw 4 Harry's and i saw none. Guess it is random.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1930 November, 2019, 09:41 pm.

@Pierogallo I'm so glad it worked out for you going to the centre! Only 3 more needed- I'm sure you'll get them tomorrow! 😊

And I'm with you on the tonic- even with a dark detector they don't seem to work as well as they should. I do find that wandering back to the main street has more success.

Good luck with your pottering 😀

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    #2001 December, 2019, 10:06 am.

Hmmm the most recent posts have got me thinking - I had 3 detectors on an Inn which was somewhat effective - but not as much as I had hoped for - whilst at the same time had TFTD deployed, which again was lacking in effectiveness

Part of the issue could be not walking around, TFTD is supposed to be most effective whilst mobile, but as others have reported, it’s not the case

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    #2101 December, 2019, 05:06 pm.

I ran 3 TTDs the other day, while in a slow moving car. First two worked well, the last was a waste. It is completely hit and miss. I refuse to pay coins for the ingredients, and only brew if there is nothing more urgent in my queue.

edited December 2 #2202 December, 2019, 06:39 am.

wondering whether they boosted TTD in last 24 hours of event as a parting gift ... just popped a TTD cuz i was bored, and have gotten 4 Harry Potters (no dawdle draughts but no disintegrations) in just the first 18 minutes. still another 12 mins to go, so will update when TTD is done

—-

now done. final 12 minutes relatively boring, but still pretty happy with 4 Harry spawns from one TTD this evening.

still too far away, however, from additional prestige to silver

hope folks get to prestige at least once from this special event — best of luck

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #2302 December, 2019, 06:49 am.

You might be on to something, @kiheikid .

At dusk I popped a TTD and 4 Harrys appeared. I wondered if the TTD got buffed.

• ZaansGroenZaansGroen Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #2402 December, 2019, 10:16 am.

I guess the game is just too complicated for me; Harry always runs away from me, especially after using Dawdle... I also did not notice better odds when using traces. But hey, maybe i am just unlucky. Still missing 6 Harry's and 8 books, and seldom see the portmanteaus any more.

Ah well, maybe there will be a game someday that will be more clear to me, or i have better luck with