#223 November, 2019, 05:14 am.
  • kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    #323 November, 2019, 05:15 am.
    #423 November, 2019, 05:16 am.

big thanks to Thraen at gamepress.gg

#525 November, 2019, 06:55 am.

i was hoping to get a head start on getting fragments of the half blood prince’s copy of advanced potion making (HBPCOAPM), so i went to local fortress (with awful cell service) and used two LOH level 1 runestones at tower chambers 2 and 3 ... the fortress deities gypped me and returned no LOH fragments at all. grrrrrrr

i am at 3/15 for HBPCOAPM so i am not looking forward to walking off a dozen 1 km portkey portmanteaus using just my gold key (short distance hardly justifies a silver key, ya know?)

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #625 November, 2019, 09:44 pm.

@kiheikid I feel you! Same!

• evieeeviee Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #726 November, 2019, 07:45 pm.

My community day banner disappeared from my banner... I saw it on there briefly yesterday but now it's gone. Never got any notifications about it either.

Would it still be working for me?

#827 November, 2019, 12:11 am.

good news is that every brilliant 1k portkey that i have opened so far today had yielded a fragment of HBPCOAPM ... so far 4 for 4.

bad news is that the use of LOH runestones in fortresses today during special event does not seem to have greater yield of HBPCOAPM.

i spent 6 LOH level 1 runestones and 2 LOH level 2 runestones, in sponsored and non-sponsored fortresses, between Forest chamber 1 and Tower chamber 3. total LOH fragment yield consisted of 1 Yule Ball Program (from a level 2 runestone), 1 Dumbledore’s Army Signup (from other level 2 runestone), and 1 HBPCOAPM (from 1 of the 6 level 1 runestones).

also, way more spawns of snape and sirius and hedwig than of harry (but i haven’t popped a tonic yet)

#927 November, 2019, 12:16 am.

@eviee - i do not recall seeing a banner for the LOH Potions Class event starting today ... just a button on the map for free gift in diagon alley, and the button disappeared after i clicked to see what was the gift, even though i did not claim the free gift yet. the free gift was still there in diagon alley 4 hours later when i claimed it, but the button in top right corner of map had disappeared.

#1027 November, 2019, 12:18 am.

by the way, with master notes, the brew time for TTD is cut in half to 3hrs30mins in normal cauldron.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    #1127 November, 2019, 12:35 am.

It's not a boot!

I am so excited! 😂😀

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    #1227 November, 2019, 12:35 am.

I actually squee'd when I saw this!

#1327 November, 2019, 01:09 am.
  • AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1427 November, 2019, 01:20 am.

Oh wow @Bormacska I would be exactly the same!! 😂

I havent been able to properly start yet as couldnt get out after 7pm when event began. But il b heading out first thing tomorrow collecting & opening those portkeys!!

Even more excited now ive seen the pics!! Thanks for sharing 😀

#1527 November, 2019, 04:16 am.

the TTD is still dead to me, even with the alleged boost because of this event.

in 30 minutes, the TTD spawned (with purplish/pinkish aura):

1 snape, 1 sirius, 1 hedwig (whose images all have been previously placed on the registry page) ... but no harry potter

1 vanishing cabinet

1 ministry official, 1 ministry administrator, 1 mad eye moody, 1 bogrod

1 bludger

1 hufflepuff student

——

highlight of the half-hour was the horned serpent, which appeared without the aura and therefore not “detected”/called by TTD

edited November 27 #1627 November, 2019, 06:28 am.

^

i hope i am wrong but so far it does not appear that TTD does much to increase spawns of the Harry Potter foundable (orange plume) ... and if you are like me, you have placed all the foundable images in the LOH Potions classroom other than Harry Potter and HBPCOAPM

========

re snape’s office portkey ...

https://youtu.be/XeNwd8MJeYw

Post edited by kiheikid on
  • MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #1727 November, 2019, 02:26 pm.

@kiheikid It seems to be hit or miss. I’ve read different accounts from people. In my experience last night, I used 2 TTD’s and ended up with 3 HP’s that were detected. I will say the other defected items were pretty boring, but even getting one HP per tonic is worth it to me since the ingredients are more abundant right now and they brew in half the time.

edited November 27 #1927 November, 2019, 05:16 pm.

congratulations @MrSciGuy - that was fast! hope you can prestige the page soon so you can keep grrrrrrinding these fragments for the rest of the week

#2027 November, 2019, 05:26 pm.

Thanks @kiheikid. The last thing is the potions textbook. I’m going to try to knock out as many of these portkeys as I can.

#2127 November, 2019, 06:24 pm.

@MrSciGuy - just a reminder ... although it seems a shame to use a silver key on just a 1km portkey, we all did receive 3 free silver keys from the mystery box daily treasure at midnight last night (if we have been on track collecting every day)

#2227 November, 2019, 06:41 pm.

Yep I got my 3 this morning @kiheikid. It seems like a waste at first, but when it results in a (guaranteed?) potions textbook fragment, I’d say that’s worth it.

Just keep in mind that we have brilliant event coming up next week, and I’m going to assume we need to open portkeys for that as well.

By the way, is the potion textbook fragment guaranteed from these 1k portkeys? Have you heard of anyone NOT getting one when opened?

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2327 November, 2019, 08:12 pm.

I used the TT last night as i couldn't get out at the start of the event & it was ridiculous! Ended up only spawing 3 foundables of the whole 30min!!

So not only was it not working better- it was way worse than usual & there were more natural spasns on the map & my house is usually quite a 'dead zone'.

So yeh- i was really disappointed with the tonic & hope it works better the next time!!

#2427 November, 2019, 09:39 pm.

@MrSciGuy - no one has said that the 1k portkey GUARANTEES the fragment, but i have not heard anyone say they got gypped either from opening it

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    #2527 November, 2019, 10:02 pm.

@kiheikid Could you please refrain from using that term please? Some consider it to be quite offensive. Thanks.

edited November 28 #2628 November, 2019, 02:18 am.

i’ll try to use “rooked” or something similar instead

——

i received a HBPCOAPM fragment from every 1k portkey yesterday and today, and i was able to place the image today ... do i think it is a virtual certainty

——

btw,

used another TTD and this time better results including 2 harry potter fragments (now at 9/11) and 1 grawp fragment (also now at 9/11), plus a few snape and sirius traces that i cannot do anything about until i can prestige the page and re-set the fragment counts

Post edited by kiheikid on
    edited November 28 #2728 November, 2019, 04:46 am.

went all-in and did yet another TTD

paid a steep price and used my last 2 available dawdle draughts (though 3 more are in brew queue) plus 2 potent exstimulo potions (rather than usual strong exstimulos)

and a preview of next step:

thanks @MrSciGuy for giving me hope again on TTD when i had lost mine

#2828 November, 2019, 04:55 am.

only 14 instead of 15 HBPCOAPM fragments after prestiging, so a small consolation - lol

#2928 November, 2019, 05:41 am.

@kiheikid Congrats! Glad TTD decided to work out for you. Nicely done with the 15 potions books. I’ve got one portkey left, as I’m at 14/15. Then I’ll prestige along with you.

#3028 November, 2019, 06:27 am.

@MrSciGuy - looking forward to saying “woohoo” properly with ya! for now, i have picked up another 3 of these 1k portkey portmanteaus ... it will be a delicate balance in opening as many more as possible without getting stuck with leftovers when december brilliant event starts and without using too many (more) silver keys in case december brilliant event is portkey-intensive

#3128 November, 2019, 02:56 pm.

@kiheikid I agree, definitely a delicate balance. I’m not going to use any more silver keys once I prestige this page. I figure I’ll use gold key only and whatever I open is just a bonus.