Coming Soon: New Gifting Feature in Wizards Unite

HPWULolaHPWULola Posts: 385 admin
edited November 18 in Announcements #1 latest comment 23 November, 2019, 12:06 pm.

Want your Honeyduke’s Chocolate Bar with a side serving of extra energy to share? Maybe you'd prefer a bonus Runestone with the spoils of your Fortress victory to treat your comrades? Or perhaps an extra harvest of ingredients from a Greenhouse to bestow on a fellow friend from the SOS Task Force?

The season of giving starts early in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite with the introduction of Gifting!

Coming soon, you’ll have the chance to collect special Gift Boxes when you dine at Inns, pull potted plants in Greenhouses and complete Wizarding Challenges in Fortresses. You’ll then be able to send and receive Gifts from friends through your Friend List or Ministry ID Page, all promptly delivered by Owl Post, no postage required.

Read on for more details below:

🎁Gift Boxes collected from different types of locations contain different rewards and are visually different to indicate what the Gift contains. In addition, all Gift Boxes will grant Wizarding XP and may have the chance of containing additional special items.

💙 Gift Spell Energy: Blue Gift Boxes collected from Inns will reward players with Spell Energy.

💛 Gift Runestones: Yellow Gift Boxes collected from Fortresses will reward players with Runestones.

💚 Gift Ingredients: Green Gift Boxes collected from Greenhouses will reward players with Potion ingredients.

🎁Gift Boxes collected at sponsored locations will reward Gifts that contain greater base rewards.

🎁Gifts are meant for giving, so while you can’t open the Gifts you collect yourself, share them with your friends and they’ll gladly return the favour. The boxes you collect will be stored in a new Gift inventory page and can only be sent to other players that you’ve added to your Friend List.

🎁Only one Gift can be sent to the same friend every 24 hours, and you can’t send another Gift if the first is unopened. As gifting never goes out of style, all Gifts will never expire.

🎁You’ll be able to store a maximum of 100 Gifts in your inventory and can open a maximum of 10 Gifts per day.

🎁Share your holiday travels by stocking up on Gifts and sending them to your friends. Both you and your receiving friend will be able to see the Point of Interest from where your Gift was collected.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team

Tagged:

Comments

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19 #319 November, 2019, 04:13 am.

Yay! Fun feature. Is there a limit to how many gifts we can send daily?

edit: Looking for active friends to gift, see my thread here https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/3779/gifting-friend-codes

Post edited by ZookiTabooki on
  • BormacskaBormacska Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    #419 November, 2019, 04:49 am.

One per friend but not how many friends...

• Xell75Xell75 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November 19 #519 November, 2019, 02:31 pm.

This is great and what is announced so far is better than the feature in PoGo, but I have soooo many questions 😊

They say you can maximum store 100 gifts. PoGo can store 10 but maximum fetch(from pokestops) 100 pr day. Is there a maximum fetch limit pr day? can I have 500 friends and send gifts to all if they dont have an unopened gift?

Can you chose to delete packages? If all my friends want runestones and I only have spelleenergy gifts my friends will open other giftsand you're stuck with lots of unopened gifts and a full storage.

Will there be fiends-levels like in PoGo? (both sender and recipient get a point when gift is open, and when you level up your friendship you get player XP, and you also have benefits in battles when playing with higher level fiends). This would have been an awsome upgrade to the game. It could both strengthen the team and give better rewardes when completing a chamber.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #619 November, 2019, 03:27 pm.

Fun!!! Can’t wait to see how this works. Can’t wait to help out my more rural friends!

• WhiteMarineWhiteMarine Posts: 2
    #719 November, 2019, 04:00 pm.

when does this start ?

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #819 November, 2019, 04:35 pm.

I've been hoping for this feature for a long time. Thanks HPWU team!

Wizard on!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #919 November, 2019, 04:56 pm.

Neat.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭
    #1019 November, 2019, 06:10 pm.

@WhiteMarine My guess would be around Christmas ;-)

@Xell75 I do believe there is a max of 200 friends. From what they said, it seems like you may be able to send one to everyone on your list, you just can't store that many at a time and they have to have opened your previous gift. Based on the way things in the vault work, you likely can delete them like how you can delete rune stones (although why would you ever do that...).

• EchoesEchoEchoesEcho Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #1119 November, 2019, 10:21 pm.

YES! Gifts, will come "soon" finally! We have all been waiting for a while (since game came out) to make more use of our friends list other than comparing stats.

• Xell75Xell75 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1220 November, 2019, 09:48 am.

@Ginnungagap Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I assumed that there was a upper limit to number of friends, and when looking at the picture more closely (not on my phone ;-) ) you can delete the packages you dont want. This wil be great. Hope they will implement some sort of motivation to open gifts beyond the content. It would make perfect sence to give strength benefits from beeing high level friends when in fortressbattle; the people you know the best form a better team, right ;-)

At least opening up a gift will not fill up you portmantau's. That is the main reason for people not opening gifts in PoGo; they dont want gift-eggs at that particular moment.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1320 November, 2019, 10:12 am.

Fantastic! This game just keeps getting better & better!! And it's still new really, so much has been improved from listening to feedback & it will be so great to send gifts to friends!

Pleeease someone send me some dragonclaw!!! Lol- oh- doesn't mention portkey gifts does it? Oh well, its on my list to santa anyways 😀🎅

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #1420 November, 2019, 10:41 am.

@Xell75 be careful with hopes and wishes. "Motivation" could be a task during an event requiring you to open a given number of Gifts. They already pushed "add a friend", this could be the next step.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    #1520 November, 2019, 11:20 am.

@AuroraKadavra - I would send Dragon Claw if I could :)

And whilst I am on the subject I’d like the option to drop ingredients for co-players to pick up too

• GauntGirlGauntGirl Posts: 1
    #1620 November, 2019, 12:22 pm.

A Friend

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #1720 November, 2019, 07:47 pm.

Gifting is live!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭
    #2020 November, 2019, 08:29 pm.

@HPWULola Yay!!! 😃

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #2120 November, 2019, 09:13 pm.

Thanks for the gift @OriginalCaruso !

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    #2220 November, 2019, 09:18 pm.

Thank you for the gift! @Avadon I’ll return the favour tomorrow morning. 👍

#2320 November, 2019, 09:54 pm.

Thank you for the gift! @MrSciGuy A level 2 runestone! Nice! I’m off to bed now, I’ll reciprocate tomorrow.

#2420 November, 2019, 10:17 pm.

Thank you for the gift! @ZookiTabooki Mrs Dewin99 is giving me evils now, best switch off for the night!

Thanks again all, I’ll get up early tomorrow to pay everyone back!

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    #2520 November, 2019, 10:43 pm.

@MrSciGuy - My pleasure - and thanks you for reciprocating too!

• EchoesEchoEchoesEcho Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #2621 November, 2019, 01:31 am.

Anyone know the difference between base runestone gift vs essential or extravagant runestone gifts?

#2721 November, 2019, 02:07 am.

@EchoesEcho not yet, but I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough ! 😅

#2821 November, 2019, 02:17 am.

@EchoesEcho just saw this on discord if it halps to start the ball rolling for someone who is excel-type minded.

Gift types:

Spell Energy Gift

Extravagant Spell Energy Gift

Sponsored Spell Energy Gift

Extravagant Sponsored Spell Energy Gift

Ingredient Gift

Extravagant Ingredient Gift

Runestone Gift

Essential Runestone Gift

Extravagant Runestone Gift

Sponsored Runestone Gift

Baruffio's Ingredient Gift

Dawdle Draught Ingredient Gift

Exstimulo Ingredient Gift

Potent Exstimulo Potion Gift 

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    #2921 November, 2019, 03:33 am.

i am such a noob

just collected a bunch of gifts without paying attention to who sent what

and how can i say thank you without knowing who sent what?

arrrgh

#3021 November, 2019, 04:14 am.

I think the first few days we will all be in the same place. I am pretty sure I did the same thing to at least one or two people. 😳😣

• DorisDolohovDorisDolohov Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3121 November, 2019, 04:15 am.

Awesome - been waiting for this feature for a long time! Keep the friend interactive features coming!