Game Update: 2.7.0 Release Notes

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 921 admin
edited November 2019 in Announcements #1 latest comment 27 November, 2019, 10:48 pm.

Hey everyone! We’ve updated the game to app version 2.7.0! 

It’s almost Winter time in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite! We will celebrate the month of December with Hogwarts students in the Brilliant Event: Christmas Calamity! Plus, prepare for an exciting December Community Day as well as a bonus event! ❄️

New Features/Updates: 

Gifting: 

• Players will be able to send and receive with their Wizards Unite friends! These gifts can contain Spell Energy, Runestones, or Ingredients! Stay tuned for more updates on this feature.

Photo Mode: 

• Players can now take AR Photos with the Self-Playing Harp. It’s the perfect component to your Harry Potter themed dance parties!

General: 

• Players can link their Harry Potter: Wizards Unite account to Facebook and add Facebook friends who have also linked their accounts.
  • We have added purchase confirmation popups to the following: Rental Cauldrons, Out of Spell Energy, Out of Runestones (when at a Fortress), Vault Expansion 

Bug Fixes:

Potions:

• Android Only: Fixed an issue where players did not see a Potion added to their Queue when they start brewing from the Recipes screen.

Wizarding Challenges:

• Fixed an issue where players were not able to re-enter a Wizarding Challenge if they are kicked out due to a connection issue.

General:

• Fixed an issue with Download All Assets in the Settings section not giving a notification (red badge) when there are new assets to download. This will only be available to users Level 4 and up.

Known Issues:

Achievements:

• Players may still see red dots on Achievements even if they have scrolled through the Achievements list.

Registry:

• Foundables that are not from Encounters can sometimes have a high Seen number, even if they are not Seen in Encounters.
  • Foundables in Photo Mode may flip around when a player taps on the Foundable to reposition.

Gifting:

• Tapping the Send Gift button more than once before the Gift is sent to a Friend will cause the game to freeze on a black screen. Restart the game to fix this issue.

Portkeys:

• Players may still see a badge (red dot) on Portmanteaus even if they do not have Keys available to unlock them.
  • Denying Camera Permissions when a Portkey is ready to use will make the Use Now button unresponsive. Make sure to allow Camera Permissions before attempting to open a Portkey.

Potions:

• Players may receive an error when they attempt to collect a brewed Potion

General:

• Players will receive a Network Error if they go to change their Code Name but cancel on the second confirmation popup

Tagged:

Comments

• UcardmasterUcardmaster Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #219 November, 2019, 01:45 am.

Now unable to login after update. Keeps asking for AGe, then Gmail account select, then nothing...over and over...

• SpatulaSpatula Posts: 2
    #319 November, 2019, 01:46 am.

After the update, I can no longer log into the game with my Google account. Anybody else?

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 921 admin
    edited November 2019 #419 November, 2019, 01:48 am.
  • JusninjaJusninja Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #619 November, 2019, 07:55 am.

Since the update I can't do a Wizarding challenge the game freeze when I want to enter a vault. I have to re open the app.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #719 November, 2019, 11:02 am.

On Reddit Fazes has reported that the login issue is fixed.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #819 November, 2019, 06:57 pm.

@HPWULola @HPWUTeam - please confirm whether we can play and complete brilliant week 2 WITHOUT updating to HPWU 2.7.0 — don’t want to get locked out while time is ticking away!

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #919 November, 2019, 10:52 pm.

2.7 works fine on iOS, no issues

Seamless upgrade, thanks team

#1020 November, 2019, 01:46 am.

thanks @OriginalCaruso

i first completed brilliant week 2 main tasks, and most of the bonus assignment — to be safe. only then did i update to HPWU version 2.7.0

i play HPWU using an iphone 8, iOs v.13.1.3

#1120 November, 2019, 08:58 am.
  • PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    #1220 November, 2019, 05:45 pm.

Fortresses keep freezing? It's impossible to progress if you can't do fortress battles... anyone else with similar problems?

#1320 November, 2019, 07:08 pm.

Update: apologies. I have posted the problem and my temporary fix in a more appropriate thread: https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/3794/impossible-to-do-a-wizarding-challenge

Please disregard my previous post.

• SoftCoolBreezSoftCoolBreez Posts: 1
    #1425 November, 2019, 10:15 am.

I have coins, but can't refill my energy. I get a pop-up letting me know I'm out of energy, but the only response is "ok". Are we no longer allowed to purchase energy work the coins we purchased with real money, cuz, naw, that's not gonna work, idiots. You're hurtng yourself. Keep pushing me to Pokemon GO and you will push my money to them too. I hear Minecraft is coming out with a new one, it won't take much for me to bail on WU.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1525 November, 2019, 10:44 am.

@SoftCoolBreez there's no need to be rude. From what you described, maybe they changed the pop-up message so that you can't purchase energy directly from it. Don't worry, spell energy is definitely still available for purchase in the shop.

• OmnilumousOmnilumous Posts: 1
    #1625 November, 2019, 08:34 pm.

As of Today 11/25, I keep getting an error on log in to install update. But there in not one available in the play store.

I'm currently on 2.7.0

#1726 November, 2019, 07:11 am.

apparently the fortress “skip timer” feature for solo players, and the fortress “ready button” feature for team players, are supposed to go live soon.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1826 November, 2019, 07:20 am.

They are live as of this evening. I played a very quick fortress run this evening. Still had the long lag between entering and rune choices, but much better overall!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1927 November, 2019, 12:48 am.

Firstly echoing what @OriginalCaruso has said that the upgrade has worked seamlessly on my Android Samsung S9.

Totally loving the new gifting feature!

It was great to enter the fortress tonight solo and have the start button there worked perfectly.

The new event started bsng on time & the LOH foundables were appearing a lot. Only thing tho was I used a trace potion at home cos couldn't get out after 7pm when it began & it brought just 3 foundables in the half hour!! There were more appearing just naturally on map. So was disappointed with that seeing as it says it will have increased effects.

But apart from the tonic, all is working well & loving the new features!! Thank you @HPWUTeam 😊

#2027 November, 2019, 05:29 pm.

The start now button for fortresses is the best thing since sliced bread. :)

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2127 November, 2019, 08:03 pm.

Lol! Agreed @Punkyfins , its great to just get started. Was nice surprise to see it up & working 😀

• Dock01Dock01 Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #2227 November, 2019, 10:48 pm.

please add known issue : Cant save ministry ID when using animated snapcat filters.