spoiler - brilliant week2 stronger united discussion

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 24 November, 2019, 06:01 am.

standard spoiler warning - you know what to do or not do ...

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #213 November, 2019, 03:45 am.
    #313 November, 2019, 03:46 am.
    #413 November, 2019, 03:46 am.
    edited November 2019 #513 November, 2019, 04:01 am.

tips gleaned from these graphics by orangewizard:

1. save every brilliant stronger united runestone that you can (after getting your 3 fragments for brilliant gethsemane prickle for week 1). why? because week 2 has two separate foundables (each with 3 fragments required to place the image), adult hermione and flock of ministry memos ... and who knows if the runestone deities will actually give you the fragment you need as opposed to the fragment you no longer need or no fragment at all! hope i’m wrong, but this is a recipe for disaster (not fun) ... tagging @HPWUTeam @HPWULola to provide them instant feedback on this not so clever twist
    2. hmm, someone wants us to battle in fortresses ... a lot
    3. we will need clarification whether task 2/4 calls for the basic invigoration draught exclusively versus also allow for the strong invigoration draught. again, hope i’m wrong, but guessing only the basic invigoration draught will suffice (even though it is not as good a value at 1/2 the brew time but only 1/3 the focus benefit compared to strong invigoration draught) ... in which case, don’t automatically throw away the lovage ingredients (like i usually do)

Post edited by HPWUcasey on
  • BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #613 November, 2019, 05:42 am.

@kiheikid my guess is that without the word strong in front of the invigoration I would absolutely go with lower strength. Don't waste your ingredients and time on anything higher unless it is specifically requested.

#714 November, 2019, 11:34 am.

so week2 has another “add a friend” task.

what is the best way to accomplish this?

(a) do nothing, and hope someone new reads your old post with your friend code, wherever posted, and sends you an invite that you can accept when it is time;

(b) re-post in this thread or somewhere new your friend code again, and hope someone new reads such newer post and sends you an invite that you can accept when it is time;

(c) delete some or all of your newly-connected friends from week 1, and re-post in this thread or somewhere nee your friend code again, and hope such deleted person will be your once-and-future friend;

(d) other ideas ???

#814 November, 2019, 09:23 pm.

ps - feel free to delete me as friend now and, if you want, re-invite me later when week 2 task starts (or not). i won’t be offended. i’m actually considering doing the same on my end, but just have not figured out yet what is most efficient way to complete the “add a friend” task in week 2.

(ie, keeping some dry powder in reserve)

• HerMayreeHerMayree Posts: 76 ✭✭
    #914 November, 2019, 11:30 pm.

If you play with someone you can delete them and add them back.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #1015 November, 2019, 07:12 pm.

@kiheikid personally, I go out and meet new people and then add them. Just had a new person join our local discord from finding it on reddit.

#1116 November, 2019, 03:04 am.

would love to meet new players - in person - when it is safe. the only time we saw other players, that definitely did not look safe

you are fortunate, @Ginnungagap

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1216 November, 2019, 10:07 am.

I just noticed the number of red spell books available as rewards for week 2. This is fantastic news! I am currently trying to be patient and do what other players have done - go for the bigger requirements first. But it feels like such a slog to wait for 40+ books! I know I will be happier in the long run, though.

#1316 November, 2019, 10:08 am.

I correct myself... I am trying to collect 30 at the moment. Still painful, though.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1416 November, 2019, 10:46 am.

@Magpie31 - I feel your pain, am on 19 of 30 RB...

#1516 November, 2019, 11:30 am.

I am on 6, @OriginalCaruso... I keep getting impatient and spending the books on cheaper lessons. But we have books as rewards tomorrow (if I can get out as I am currently on crutches!) and books in the second week, and 3 later in the month. It does seem like the devs are starting to listen about book accessibility.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1616 November, 2019, 04:24 pm.

Yes I think the devs are listening... let’s see whether we get an in-game chat channel etc

Sorry to hear you are on crutches, get well soon

• Jeje002Jeje002 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #1717 November, 2019, 06:28 am.

Anyone else noticed that Special assignment 3/4 last bonus reward is a toilet seat?

(Sorry can't picture as new here... and forum scripts thought my inserted image to be a link)

Now I do wonder what magical features it will grant us ... NOOOT

😜🤣

#1817 November, 2019, 08:11 am.

Isn't that because the staff entrance to the Ministry is flushing themselves down the toilet?

• HinkyjinksHinkyjinks Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #1918 November, 2019, 02:23 am.

JEJE002 — I thought it was a toilet as well 🤣 I actually enlarged the screen shot to try to figure out what it could be. No clue.

#2018 November, 2019, 05:17 am.

i have not seen scurvygrass in greenhouse or on map in over a week; i got lovage today on map, but otherwise had not seen lovage in greenhouse or on map in over a week until today ... cash grab opportunity, i guess, since brewing 2 invigoration draughts is required for week 2 task 2/4

#2118 November, 2019, 09:02 am.

I am trying to break it to myself gently that this might be the first brilliant event I don't complete. I mentioned yesterday that I was on crutches for CD, but just found out I have multiple fractures in my foot so am in a cast and unable to walk.

I have a back up plan, which involves doing everything except portkeys and collecting them to unlock later, but have a horrible feeling that I will miss more than one brilliant event while in cast. I might need to suck it up and use silver keys to reduce walking requirements.

edited November 2019 #2218 November, 2019, 09:02 am.

I am trying to break it to myself gently that this might be the first brilliant event I don't complete. I mentioned yesterday that I was on crutches for CD, but just found out I have multiple fractures in my foot so am in a cast and unable to walk.

I have a back up plan, which involves doing everything except portkeys and collecting them to unlock later, but have a horrible feeling that I will miss more than one brilliant event. Maybe silver keys are the way forward.

edited November 2019 #2318 November, 2019, 10:21 am.

@Magpie31 - i wish you a full recovery, as speedy as it can be under the circumstances. don’t know if you are able to drive or ride along as someone else drives, but 1 gold + 4 silver keys will help minimize your traveling time to unlock and open 5 brilliant portkeys all at once. fortunately, for week 2 brilliant stronger united event, portkeys are not an assigned task that blocks advancement to other assigned tasks - you only need them for the portkey-only fragments to place the image and complete the registry page. the portkeys for week 2 should continue to work even after end of week 2 as long as you first pick them up during week 2. of course, they do take up space in your vault, which only has 8 portkey slots at any one time. good luck!

#2418 November, 2019, 10:40 am.

re week 2 task to (again) add a friend ...

i think what my wife (mbs808) and i will do, most likely, is delete each other (as well as all other persons recently added for week 1), and then add each other back to satisfy week 2’s “add a friend” task.

for anyone who has no one to add, you can try sending your invite to:

mbs808 — 6888 6677 4310

and

kiheikid — 9150 9137 6475

and we will try to accept once our week 2 task begins (we are utc-10 ... that is, utc minus 10).

good luck to us all for week 2.

feel free to add codes to this thread ... better to have central place for friend code sharing specifically for the week 2 task, like this week 2 discussion thread.

#2518 November, 2019, 10:54 am.

Thanks @kiheikid. Traffic is so bad in this city that if I get a taxi anywhere, it counts as walking. But I live in the building next to my workplace so I rarely have to walk or go anywhere - I choose to go out! I am more worried about fragments than anything as I can't get out and about. But if I go to my favourite little spot and drop a few dark detectors, I should be okay.

Thanks for the wishes. 6 weeks in a cast sounds like **** at the moment!

#2618 November, 2019, 04:05 pm.

@Magpie31 can you get a push scooter? Those are relatively common for a lot of lower leg/foot and ankle injuries? Not super fun on bad sidewalks but usually better overall for the body than crutches, easier to maneuver. Either way, best of luck to you. Injuries suck!

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #2718 November, 2019, 11:22 pm.

I have been on the hunt all day Forbes dragon liver. I need 1 to complete the 4 healing potions. Would love more so I can brew healing after too. Totally blew what I had on CD. And still only competed 3/4. 😥

#2818 November, 2019, 11:55 pm.

Thanks @Bormacska but no scooters here. Parents don't even use pushchairs or prams for babies because the pavements are so bad. You can barely manage them even on crutches! Bangkok just isn't designed with pedestrians in mind!

#2919 November, 2019, 01:14 am.

Oof. @Magpie31 darn, in circumstances like this I wish the devs could hand out a "spare" Portkey suitcase so you could collect what you needed, then once mobile again, be able to finish the event! I wish you the best in speedy healing and I hope you go easy on yourself!