Daily rewards

LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 9
in General Questions #1 latest comment 10 November, 2019, 05:58 am.

I finished my daily rewards right before work but was unable to collect them due to being in a rush to get to work on time. I got home at 11:55 PM and by the time I had two seconds to think it was 12:03AM. I tried to reset my phone's time to a different time zone before opening the app but my rewards were gone (RIP my 10 coins) . I think that the game should allow us to reset our time zones in case we're not able to collect before the new day starts. It feels like wasted time and potions to run out before work to do a challenge, only to not get the reward. If we can't reset our time zone there should be a grace period, maybe a button pops up that says "You have uncollected dailies from yesterday, would you like to collect now?" that lasts a set amount of time into the new day. I think that could really help people who work more than one job or struggle to do/collect their dailies to advance in the game. Thoughts?

Answers

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 9
    #309 November, 2019, 07:07 am.

I do like to delay collecting the spell energy until I'm overfull so that I'm more overfull and can play without worry about using too much spell energy until I can get to an inn. I just wish I'd been able to get home sooner than I did. I can't use my phone at work and I was so tired I just wanted to get home.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #409 November, 2019, 12:18 pm.

@Dogoutlaw I agree! Though I like to cash in the 10 energy at my own leisure. Maybe auto-complete when the last task is achieved? Or a toggle for auto-collecting daily assignment rewards as they are completed might work.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    #509 November, 2019, 01:13 pm.

I definitely don't think they should build in support for people changing phone settings to trick the app into thinking you're somewhere else.

I do agree that it stinks to miss collecting your rewards. I've done it a few times, and I get really bitter about missing out on those 10 coins. I'm with @LionessMolly and @ZookiTabooki that I like to try to fill up my spell energy on my way home and then collect the daily 10 after that to get overfull. Unfortunately, I've lost out more than once by doing this and then forgetting to actually go collect it.

Automatic collection isn't a bad idea, I could live without overfilling my energy every day in exchange for not missing out on earned coins.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #709 November, 2019, 03:12 pm.

@Ginnungagap nailed it!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #809 November, 2019, 03:52 pm.

@Ginnungagap that would be perfect. I totally get the overfilling SE, I do it myself when we go to the sponsored fortress because there’s no inns nearby. That lets us play as long as possible. But it does suck to forget and miss those coins!

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 9
    #909 November, 2019, 04:34 pm.

@MtPollux- The time zone thing probably didn't work because the GPS never moved, which is a pretty good failsafe against cheating. It wasn't until I read your comment about tricking the app that I realized my attempt to collect my lost coins could have been seen as trying to cheat and now I feel pretty bad. I just wanted my coins.

@Ginnungagap - I think that's a great idea.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭
    #1009 November, 2019, 05:43 pm.

@Ginnungagap autocollect at expiration or even a minute before would be awesome. I like that idea. Only thing is, it would be good if it does this even if you’re not logged on near midnight. A lot of people might be asleep then. So you’ll just get a notification next time you log in to the app saying the following daily rewards from xx/xx/xxxx have been rewarded to you.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    #1110 November, 2019, 05:58 am.

excellent idea @Ginnungagap

auto-collect at 11:59pm would be awesome

right, @HPWULola ?