Where’s Fluffy

LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 04 December, 2019, 04:07 am.

Alright, ‘Three-headed dog’!

We all know that oddities have certain conditions attached them, like doxies at dawn and werewolves during full moon. Has anyone got a handle on when Fluffy comes out to play?

(And the death eater and azkaban escapee too. Given the art on the page, I hope it’s not when it’s raining. Then I’ll be done for until monsoon next year)

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭
    #207 November, 2019, 11:22 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion I’ve been wondering the exact same thing since the Brilliant event. Where are you lot hiding? 🧐👀🤔

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭✭
    #308 November, 2019, 06:11 am.

i have not seen doxies at dawn or leprechauns at dawn & dusk since the end of fighting forces brilliant event week 2 ... did the master switch for their spawning get turned off completely instead of just back to normal, after getting boosted for brilliant event ?

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭
    #408 November, 2019, 12:07 pm.

@kiheikid I've gotten lots of both. They are definitely still around.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #508 November, 2019, 03:53 pm.

There was a veritable army of little green men on Wed evening, so they’re still out there. I’ve just seen a few doxies in the am. Haven’t seen the new three oddities in quite some time tho. If they require rain, I’ll also be waiting for a while. Our winters typically consist of sunny days or snowing.

#608 November, 2019, 06:35 pm.

thanks ... hmm, must be a bad drought for me

took an extra long walk around the neighborhood this morning but still no oddities except one centaur

might have to drive into town pre-dawn again one day for a doxy/leprechaun hunt

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭
    #708 November, 2019, 10:44 pm.

@kiheikid Picked up three leprechauns and two doxies this morning!

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭
    #809 November, 2019, 01:59 am.

No centaurs either for me. After prestige game the second page to bronze during the events, the page has been sadly sitting empty.not even an erkling to fill the void.

#909 November, 2019, 04:06 am.

faith and begorrah, look who finally showed up!

relief

#1009 November, 2019, 05:16 pm.

first doxy since at least october 27th

but it is #50/50

fluffy still M.I.A.

edited November 2019 #1109 November, 2019, 05:44 pm.

first doxy since at least october 27th

but it is #50/50

still waiting for fluffy to re-appear since brilliant fighting forces week 2

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭
    #1209 November, 2019, 05:46 pm.

@kiheikid Congratulations! 😃

#1309 November, 2019, 10:51 pm.

You are having a good run @kiheikid! Hope the streak continues!

#1410 November, 2019, 03:31 am.

thank you @Imaginatio and @LeFayeofAlbion

—-

trying to post a link to @Valki ’s current vid on finding fluffy but i guess my posts are bring subjected to approval for my pott(er)y mouth ;-)

#1510 November, 2019, 04:36 am.

from @Valki aka WU-tuber Anthony Constant in Melbourne:

1. between 9am and 10 am
    2. partly cloudy weather
    3. possibly near water, like a creek or a fire hydrant (LOL)

https://youtu.be/r-rzS-M88TA

#1614 November, 2019, 10:10 am.

still no fluffy for me lately ...

anyone, anyone (else)?

#1715 November, 2019, 03:18 am.

Nope 🥺 @kiheikid

#1803 December, 2019, 05:29 pm.

I was staring absentmindedly at the posters on my wall (as one does) and as my eyes landed on the Fluffy warning poster from way back, I noticed something interesting.

It says that encounters have been reported near ‘where large groups of muggles gather to hear music’

Makes sense in one way that Fluffy - music. But logically considering that music puts Fluffy to sleep I don’t know why he would seek out music, but hey canon connection.

The question is, does this mean that we’d encounter Fluffy near places with music? Concerts? Concert halls? Opera houses? Broadway? West end?

Unfortunately I don’t know any such places near me. I do know a couple of pubs with live music, but that’s not exactly marked on any map, so how would the game know?

Thoughts?

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    #1903 December, 2019, 06:00 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion

First off: Really cool poster. Where did you find that?

Secondly: if that were the case, it must be music halls? Or else "Fluffy" does not enjoy the genre of music my partner plays at bars and gigs around Seattle and this is a city of music.. 🤔🎶🎵😳

#2003 December, 2019, 08:35 pm.

@Bormacska I thought New Orleans was the city of music 🥳 and Seattle was the city of the sleepless 🥴 (that was such a dumb joke I need sleep)

The poster is from the old old set of downloadable posters they released after the trailer. You can still find it if you go to the official wizards unite site, go to menu - SOS task force and scroll all the way to the bottom. I was super excited when the trailers came out but it was still along wait until the game itself came out, that I printed out the posters to get in the spirit.

#2103 December, 2019, 09:31 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion Seattle is home of grunge music (think nirvana, temple of the dogs, sound garden). And a lot of famous recording studios. New Orleans is city of jazz. And home to bands like Galactic.

I'll have to go dig up those posters, they look really cool! Thanks for the heads up.

• Merlady1Merlady1 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2204 December, 2019, 02:36 am.

I’ve yet to see Fluffy, ever!! I guess I’ll keep my eyes peeled around creeks at 9 am whilst playing music.

#2304 December, 2019, 04:07 am.

@Merlady1 perhaps madam malkin's self playing harp might help! 😁. I haven't seen fluffys since the brilliant event either. So many pages to prestige are being held up by one little item!