What Are Celebration Events?

GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 06 November, 2019, 06:46 pm.

@HPWUKrystal @HPWULola

Can you shed some more details on what this celebration event means. It sounds somewhat like the fan fest. With the closest one being several hours away for me and more for many others coupled with the short notice, we need additional details. Is this worth the trip or should we just continue doing community day with our own local groups? Please elaborate about what makes this more special.

Tagged:

Comments

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #206 November, 2019, 05:36 pm.

Where was celebration event mentioned?

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #306 November, 2019, 05:46 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion there are three announcement posts by HPWUKrystal. They are in local groups and events section. All 3 are the same except for the location. 2 are in Texas and 1 is in Pennsylvania.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #406 November, 2019, 05:48 pm.

Ahh. For the US. Well, not gonna think about it at all to avoid the FOMO

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #506 November, 2019, 06:00 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion check almost all the way down to the bottom of this link 😉. Something a little closer to home there!

https://www.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/events/

#606 November, 2019, 06:08 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion It's still early on yet and Niantic is located in the US making it easier for them to organize. This marks the first time they are expanding and having a simultaneous event at multiple location for HPWU. After this, the next logical step will be international (likely first UK and/or NZ/AUS). They also have https://nianticlabs.com/jobs/live-events-marketing-manager-apac/

which is an indication of ensuring the framework for better handling live events in Japan. Hopefully by next year you will see them much closer to home.

• HPWUKrystalHPWUKrystal Posts: 11 admin
    #706 November, 2019, 06:11 pm.

@Ginnungagap Great question! The scale of Celebration Events is not on a similar level to that of Indy Fan Fest (e.g. no exclusive storyline quest, non-ticketed, free, etc.). We simply wanted to develop another fun way to bring local players together as well as encourage participation from their family/friends who may not necessarily play the game. Through our partnership with Simon, we plan to tag-team on mini Harry Potter: Wizards Unite themed events with family-fun activities, HPWU swag giveaways, games, etc. at select Simon malls (full list of their malls) each month on Community Day starting in November.

We're still locking down some final logistical details, and plan to share that with everyone as soon as possible!

#806 November, 2019, 06:15 pm.

@HPWUKrystal Awesome! Although it's a bit far from me as well, I do believe the Simon mall outside Columbus, OH would be a good location for one of these. I'm a bit surprised Woodfield Mall in Chicago wasn't one of the initial ones. I'm looking forward to seeing how this continues in the future.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #906 November, 2019, 06:46 pm.

@HPWUKrystal can you comment at all about the events listed on the link I posted above (and below) ? I noticed that there was something going on at the game developer conference in India at the end of the month and in looking at past events it looks like there have been a few events down in Brazil.

https://www.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/events/