Game Update: 2.6.0 Release Notes

HPWULolaHPWULola Posts: 348 admin
edited November 5 in Announcements #1 latest comment 16 November, 2019, 02:43 am.

Hi everyone! There is a new update available for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. Also, get ready for our next Brilliant Event: Stronger United! Stayed tuned for more details.

New Features

Potions:

Potions, like Estimulo and Wit-Sharpening, will now persist across Encounters and Wizarding Challenges. Any remaining spell cast effects will be available in subsequent Encounters.

Ministry ID Portrait:

Player’s most recently saved Portrait will become the default image when they enter Portrait Editor. Now, you can check out new lenses, stickers, frames, and filters without having to capture a new Portrait.

Photo Mode:

Players can now take AR Photos with the Pixie Oddity! Share your fun photos on this post! @HPWURobert captured this fun picture outside of our office! Everyone, share your AR Pixie photos in the comments below.

Settings:

New Feature: Quest Alerts! You will now see an in-app message pop up whenever you complete a Daily Task, Achievement, or Special Assignment Task. Visit the Settings Menu to disable these Quest Alert notifications.

Bug Fixes: 

Professions:

Fixed an issue where nodes on the Profession skill tree appeared badged when the player does not have enough Profession currency required to upgrade the node

Wizarding Challenges

Fixed an issue where Foes appeared to receive Stamina or have negative Stamina after being attacked or defeated.

Aurors Only: Fixed an issue where Aurors did not receive Focus when they defeated a Foe with the Bat-Bogey Hex 

General

Android Only: Fixed an issue with players get stuck on the loading screen when trying to log into the game with a Google account, after creating a Niantic Kid’s Account 

Fixed an issue where players were unable to reach Level 60 and were stuck at 1 XP in Level 59

Fixed an issue where switching from AR to Park Mode during an Encounter caused the visuals to shake

Known Issues: 

Encounters

Players may experience a server error when returning 5 or more Traces in quick succession

Registry

Foundables that are not from Trace Encounters can sometimes have a high ‘Seen’ number, even if they are not seen in Trace Encounters 

Foundables in Photo Mode may flip around when a player taps to reposition the Foundable

Wizarding Challenges

Players may not be able to re-enter a Wizarding Challenge if they are kicked out due to a connection issue.

Potions

When a rental cauldron has expired, it may appear that you can still add Potions to the queue even though you cannot.

Post edited by HPWUrobert on

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭
    #205 November, 2019, 09:42 pm.

@HPWULola New brilliant event! Awesome! Thanks for the details on the update and Brilliant event! 😊

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #305 November, 2019, 09:43 pm.

Where's the pixie pic?😂

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭
    #405 November, 2019, 09:45 pm.

@Dogoutlaw Oh yeah, forgot about that by the time I got to the end of the post. 😂

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    #505 November, 2019, 09:47 pm.

@HPWULola So soon? Many thanks, so happy I recently fully restocked my potions!

• HPWULolaHPWULola Posts: 348 admin
    #705 November, 2019, 09:53 pm.

@Dogoutlaw OMG!!! Good catch 😂I just reread my post and I'm LOLing at that part.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 69 admin
    #805 November, 2019, 09:57 pm.

It was such an artistic photo too...

#905 November, 2019, 09:57 pm.

@HPWULola It's like me forgetting an attachment on an email at work.... Tooo funny!

#1005 November, 2019, 10:02 pm.

Awesome, I see it now!

#1105 November, 2019, 10:08 pm.

@Dogoutlaw I remember that happened to me with a final college essay once! It was horrible, but luckily my Professor was forgiving 😊

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭
    #1205 November, 2019, 10:51 pm.

@HPWULola

Huge thanks there's no red dot on profession anymore💃🕺💃🧙‍♀️

• Plan9Plan9 Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #1305 November, 2019, 11:04 pm.

@HPWULola a pixie invaded our kitchen...

#1405 November, 2019, 11:25 pm.

@MrSciGuy update notes here

#1505 November, 2019, 11:28 pm.

FYI for apple users. The update is still unavailable in the Apple App Store.

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    #1605 November, 2019, 11:39 pm.

@HPWULola One feature that would be nice, since it appears to be possible, would be the in-app message pop-up whenever there are new assets to download. Ideally remaining there until assets have been downloaded.

When I last looked, the "75Mo to download" and "You need at least 3.3Go to download the assets" had added up to 4.4Go. That'd be a whole lot of data to lose due to lack of warning. More than some people have for a month.

• Greendragon9Greendragon9 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1706 November, 2019, 01:39 am.

Apple has the event, but it's listed as [quests_events_brilliant0006_name_w1] and w2]...

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    #1806 November, 2019, 02:13 am.

now available at apple app store

but first you might need yo turn your iphone off, then back on, before getting it at app store

• EmazonEmazon Posts: 1
    #1906 November, 2019, 02:39 am.

Any word on an update to tracking distance with the app closed for portkeys?

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2106 November, 2019, 01:34 pm.

Great update and finally red dot is gone :-D

More spawn of severe foundables, please! :-)

Thank you!

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2206 November, 2019, 03:23 pm.

I'm SO happy with the update!! The red dot is gone across professions. I could cry! haha.

• SpahzSpahz Posts: 79 ✭✭
    #2306 November, 2019, 04:24 pm.

Loving the update!

Had a feeling the persistence of potions across encounters was coming

Awesome feature! Thank you!

• TheRainbowBriteTheRainbowBrite Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November 6 #2406 November, 2019, 07:27 pm.

Thank you SOOO much for fixing the profession red dot and photo issues!! And I'm LOVING the potions spanning multiple foes now!! :D The only problem I'm experiencing is that I'm not seeing the new "Room of Requirement V" page in the Legends of Hogwarts registry that some others are seeing. I've downloaded all assets, force quit the game, and rebooted my phone with no change. Below is a screenshot from another user to show the page I'm referring to:

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    #2506 November, 2019, 07:30 pm.

@TheRainbowBrite it was removed for now. It was apparently causing crashes for people not yet on 2.6. I am guessing they are waiting for a little more adoption of the update before putting it back.

• TheRainbowBriteTheRainbowBrite Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2606 November, 2019, 07:31 pm.

@Ginnungagap Thanks for the info!! I just wanted to make sure I was all set for tomorrow's event :)

• OrangehooodieOrangehooodie Posts: 1
    #2706 November, 2019, 09:35 pm.

This version appears to have broken the game on android. None of the buttons work on the main screen. I was forced to update. Not sure how to go back to 2.5.

#2806 November, 2019, 09:38 pm.
  • MommaSchoenMommaSchoen Posts: 1
    #2906 November, 2019, 09:56 pm.

I have an iPhone and my buttons are not working. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, but it did not fix the issue.

• XookyMonsterXookyMonster Posts: 1
    #3006 November, 2019, 10:03 pm.

The update will lock up the app except for doing traces. Niantic support is working on the issue for Android phones.

#3106 November, 2019, 10:05 pm.

Hey all, we have confirmed the bug does exist on both Android and iOS devices. The team is investigating a fix and we will update you when we know something. Thank you for your patience 💙