Can we talk nifflers please?

OwlxOwlx Posts: 956 ✭✭✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 02 November, 2019, 04:14 pm.

I've seen 190 baby nifflers, and only 38 adult nifflers. So I have the following questions

1. How many nifflers in a litter?

2. Is litter the correct term?

3. What do you call a group of nifflers ?

Like a group otters is a raft etc.

A vault? A purse?

4. What do you call a baby niffler?

A nugget?

Think I need to find my worn copy of Fantastic Beasts and where to find them.

@JulieJubz

@Acumen

@Imaginatio

Tagged:

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #202 November, 2019, 02:08 pm.

@Owlx according to my registry page I’ve seen 139 baby Nifflers and 16 adult Nifflers.

Those are very valid questions, which I am clueless about 😂. But it does look like the litter is large. Also, I think vault and nugget sound cool. I’d be up for using those terms.

I always feel like the adult Nifflers are globe trotting for gold since they’re so hard to find. It’s probably harder for the baby Nifflers to do that, which makes them easier to get a hold of.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #302 November, 2019, 02:27 pm.

@Owlx @Imaginatio I imagine the issue is that nifflers taste like chicken. They end up breeding in huge numbers as the babies so often are eaten by other magic beasts before they reach adulthood.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #402 November, 2019, 03:06 pm.

A group of Nifflers is a spiffy. A baby niffler is a winky blinky. These are true facts verified by real NASA science doctor people.

Apparently I’ve seen the adult niffler 48 times, and the baby 389 times. That’s a lot of winky blinkies. Quite a spiffy!

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #502 November, 2019, 04:10 pm.

I vote for vault of nifflers! And clutch or purse of babies. 😂😂😂🤣👛

I am currently looking at 142/17, so about 8 per adult. A little better than some.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #602 November, 2019, 04:13 pm.

@Imaginatio that make sense we should portkey to places like Ft. Knox US gold vault in Kentucky and the the Tower in London bet we'd find the there. Also US state capital building usually have gold played domes. We could check there.

@Acumen winky blingy or blingies.

@Ginnungagap do we need to add them to the anti poaching protection too? Chicken too funny

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #702 November, 2019, 04:14 pm.

So waiting for moderation