International Games Week: Library Celebration

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
in Community Day #1 latest comment 08 November, 2019, 02:59 am.

In celebration of International Games Week at Libraries, players may have the opportunity to encounter iconic characters, including Hermione, Luna, and Neville. These characters will appear more frequently at various libraries around the world from November 3rd to November 9th. 😀

Gather your friends and head out to your local library to help contain the Calamity! Share your achievements along the way using #WizardsUnite on social!

On the topic, what is a recent book you read that you really enjoyed? 📕

Comments

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #202 November, 2019, 12:20 am.

@HPWULola The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. Easily one of my favorite authors. I highly recommend giving it a shot!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #302 November, 2019, 12:34 am.
  • LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #402 November, 2019, 05:57 pm.

Question for the devs. How would the game know that I’m in a library if the location has not been marked anywhere, including ingress? Also, is it all libraries or ‘partner libraries’?

A friend jokingly said that all libraries have been converted into pubs. It’s not far from the truth, actually. Do libraries in cafes count? What about bookstores?

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #503 November, 2019, 03:41 pm.

I hope that works here in Brazil as well! Everyone in my group has been asking about it 😊 it would be super cool too if bookstores counted! But that’s just me... since bookstores are my favorite.

As for a book I’ve loved recently: In Other Lands! By Sarah Rees Brennan! It’s really funny, and it reverses so many fantasy tropes in the best ways. Also extremely LGBTQ friendly 💜

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #603 November, 2019, 07:19 pm.

@HPWULola for clarification, will the increased spawns only take place at participating IGW libraries? Or will they show up at any library which is properly marked on Open Street Map? Or is there some other qualification?

It would be helpful to know how far I have to travel to find the increased spawns. Thanks!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019 #703 November, 2019, 07:54 pm.

I don’t think it’s just libraries on the IGW map. I’m near a library POI that’s not on the IGW map which is an inn and I’ve come across Harmione three times now.

It looks like it’s generally all libraries marked on the app, but a confirmation from the HPWU team will be great.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #804 November, 2019, 09:21 pm.

@Ginnungagap how mad is that....I have the book on my audible & have just started it!!

@HPWULola the book ive last read and loved it is this one...

It's so inspiring & uplifting!! Especially for anyone who suffers from depression he shows how to beat those demons & to go out and grab life withboth hands!!

I don't get much time to read -so being abke to have it read to me is perfect for when I'm out & about or busy drawing etc...😊

#907 November, 2019, 05:40 am.

can anyone here confirm that this library event is actually working correctly, ie increasing spawns of Hermione, Neville, Luna, etc. at public libraries ??

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1007 November, 2019, 06:02 am.

@kiheikid I got three Hermiones tonight in a matter of three minutes. It’s working at mine.

#1108 November, 2019, 02:59 am.

yup, i finally captured 7 hermione fragments and placed the image within span of 1 hour today after finding the right public libary ... by trial and error. the libraries map bucks the sig one.