please give us events calendar 3-6 months in advance

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 02 January, 2020, 07:46 pm.

ok, you know we are hooked when we start worrying about whether upcoming trips/events to be planned will interfere with upcoming brilliant events and community days (or vice versa)

wouldn’t it be great, @HPWUTeam @HPWULola , if you all gave us a master calendar of events that goes out at least 3 to 6 months in advance of the current date, so we all can better plan our personal schedules to avoid conflicts with HPWU game events if possible?

ex: hmm, scheduling a dentist checkup on tuesday, january 7, 2020? wait, let me check whether that is brilliant event week 1 start date (sorry, busy that day, vroom vroom) or off week (i’ll take it, thank you)

Comments

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #205 November, 2019, 06:28 pm.

@kiheikid raises an important point.

Notifications have not always been timely though fortunately I haven’t missed any (yet) as I have managed to work events into my schedule

I’d like “regular” events ie Brilliant to be notified well in advance with other “ad-hoc” events to be notified just before they happen to preserve the element of surprise

Please!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #306 November, 2019, 02:25 am.

less than 48 hours notice for brilliant event week 1 is not sufficient

why doesn’t @HPWUTeam just pick a consistent day of each month for start of week 1 and week 2 of each brilliant event?!?

example: the first and third Tuesday of each month

or

example: the 3rd and 17th of each month

——

by the way, re-using graphics from october brilliant event in your november brilliant event notification is confusing

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #406 November, 2019, 08:54 am.

@kiheikid - Let’s hope the graphics relate to the content...

#506 November, 2019, 09:35 am.

do you mean even more death eaters and azkaban escapees and sirius black appearanced ?

no thanks !!

(unless you bribe us with fluffy again)

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #606 November, 2019, 09:57 am.

@kiheikid Regarding a set time each month. This is the same time as the start of the brilliant event last month.

I've just been put out a bit with my planning with the extra halloween event. I had assumed that there would have been more of a gap with this one.

#706 November, 2019, 11:22 am.

@Whitehorsematt - unless @HPWUTeam tells us what the consistent methodology is for scheduling events, or posts a list of varying dates in the months to come, it may or may not be just coincidence that a brilliant event in one month happens to start at the same time as it did in a previous month - that does not do any good for most folks trying to plan. we should not have to be left guessing.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #806 November, 2019, 03:53 pm.

My guess is they didn’t want to overlap Thanksgiving. Which means part 1 has to start this week. Just my guess.

#1007 November, 2019, 02:29 am.

@Owlx thank you for the link

having a november calendar released on november 6th is a good start toward better communications ...

and now @HPWUTeam should provide a calendar that goes 3-6 months out, not just the current month, AND make it available in-app (i would suggest the special assignments tab, or next to it) so ALL players can benefit (not everyone uses this forum or facebook or twitter or reddit or discord or other social media platforms - i myself only use this forum and nothing else, though i do check certain WU-tubers and the guides at wizardsunitehub.info and gamepress.gg)

#1207 November, 2019, 02:37 am.

thank you for the link @MrSciGuy

• SheganerSheganer Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #1302 January, 2020, 04:54 am.

I second motion this!

Knowing future events schedule would greatly help all the players to plan ahead thus we can complete all the tasks...

Lol... love that the dentist comes second after Harry Potter Unite game, 🙂!

Plus, if wizards knows that on the certain Saturday of each month would be planned a Community Day than friends can plan ahead to get together to play... or usually on Saturday I see a lot of pocket monster masters, lol, in large groups yet, not so many wizards...🤔...

Let's plan community days ahead so wizards will get UNITED (wizard unite game)!

😃!

and HAPPY NEW YEAR WIZARDS!!!

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1402 January, 2020, 03:43 pm.

Thank you everyone for this thread. I know people have been asking for a master calendar for some time now and I know the HPWU team has been working on making the game the best it can be which I am so grateful for. But here it is the second day of the New Year and we don’t have any information about the events for January. Makes it a challenge for us fanatics to plan things like getting together for CD or any of the events. So please please please provide us with even a rough outline for what the month of January has in store for us.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1502 January, 2020, 07:46 pm.

#HarryPotterWorldProblems