Greenhouses - Plant selection

AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 04 November, 2019, 03:44 pm.

I always though that in Greenhouse you get which plant you select (I think there are about 5 different plant configurations), but after recording my "flower" picking I discovered this is not the case.

This needs to be extended so that each "leaves configuration" produces specific ingredient. It would help us (a little) to determine which ingredient we are selecting. I know there are currently 16 different plants (that produce potion ingredients), so it would be logical that each of this plant had different leaves...

And of course it would also be logical that you could plant each of this plants, to get ingridients.... but that is another story (ticket/bug).

Comments

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #230 October, 2019, 10:27 am.

Pretty sure it’s meant to just be completely random. While each plant’s set of leaves might look slightly different from the next, it does not seem to matter which you click on. If you tried clicking on the same one several visits in a row, you should get different things.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #330 October, 2019, 04:07 pm.

@AndyRozman Perhaps if you think of it as a community greenhouse with lots of empty rows where you are going into the "random/spinning" pot side to just pick up anything that might be "ready".

The grow side on the other hand, has a timer. In theory, and usually in practice, as long as you show up within 30 minutes of when your plant is ready (meaning after the time has lapsed) your plant, usually one unless you have dumped a load of energy into it, will be on the ground around the greenhouse you planted it in.

So, in essence: I go to my local greenhouse; plant a mushroom; dump 10 energy in and wait 24 hours; go back to that local greenhouse at the end of the timer and my 2 mushrooms will be outside (because i dumped 10 energy in) waiting for me to pick up!

Hope this helps!

• AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    #430 October, 2019, 08:17 pm.

Yes I know that it is completly random... But it shouldn't be... Each "leaves configuration" should belong to one specific plant, like IRL... I mean if you go to Apple tree, you don't expect it to have peaches on it, right?

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #530 October, 2019, 09:55 pm.

Then I guess the better way to think of it is like the portkeys, you never know what you're picking up. The growing plant is always the same as well, no matter the seeds you plant. Yes - it bothers me too, more than I let on.

The greenhouses need more work in a lot of ways, but I'd rather see the major bugs fixed first. In reality, I would love to see them get a dev/artist that also has a major hobby of gardening and really wants to improve that section of the game. End of the day - it's a game. 🤔

#631 October, 2019, 12:03 am.

As a computer developer I must say that I am actually quite surprised how good everything works... I mean there are issues here and there, but if I compare it to the first days of Ingress, app is in much better state...

Now if we could only teach them to do regular upgrades (for example at the end of every month) with all the changes that would be good step forward...

But yes dev/artists with gardening skills would definitely be a plus... It is small thing like this that annoy me...

• HerMayreeHerMayree Posts: 76 ✭✭
    #731 October, 2019, 03:41 am.

I have been getting ginger root EVERY TIME for weeks no matter which one I pick in EVERY greenhouse!!!! Not very random, very annoying! Lol

#804 November, 2019, 03:44 pm.

Yes, you get most useless one, the most times... So ginger root, scurvy grass, etc... The most important ones you get almost never, while you can grow some like Leaping Toadstool, there are some you can't grow and are needed the most... I think they need to fix their random generator...