scarcity of adult nifflers / glad when october is ended

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
in App Feedback #1 latest comment 12 November, 2019, 05:38 am.

as much as i love halloween and spooky themed events, i will be very glad when october is finally over. too much of a good thing. i am loading up on oddities and dark arts and brilliant fighting forces stuff because it is all over the place this month, but it seems the other exploration families are going neglected.

for example, my magizoology registry page 1 has not changed since early september - i had 6/24 adult nifflers then and needed 18 more to prestige that page because other images already placed, and i am still stuck at that same position today. where have all the adult nifflers gone? could it be they are hiding because of all the spooky oddities and dark arts foundables roaming around this month?

too much of a good thing and too little of other good things. more balance, please.

@HPWULola

thank you

Comments

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    #226 October, 2019, 06:48 pm.

I think it’s fair to say that nifflers are as rare as hens teeth. Not sure that this month’s events are having a detrimental effect.

I’ve only caught 10 in total since I started playing in June. Dawdle + Potent every time I see one, roughly 20% success rate.

Hope you have better luck than me @kiheikid

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    #326 October, 2019, 06:55 pm.

@Dewin99 @kiheikid For me the boggart cabinet is the absolute worst. I haven’t seen one in at least a month. Every 9 3/4 trace I click on is either a student, professor sprout or professor flitwick. It’s the only thing I need to prestige further, and I still need 3 more of them.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    edited October 26 #426 October, 2019, 11:13 pm.

actually saw an adult niffler an hour ago; used basic exstimulo potion and it still disintegrated on the first spell cast

then saw boggart cabinet 30 mins ago; still smarting from loss of niffler, so i used another basic exstimulo potion and got the boggart cabinet on the first spell cast

1 out of 2, sting lessened but not remedied

#526 October, 2019, 11:19 pm.

50% success rate is better than 0% @kiheikid Take the rough with the smooth I suppose.

Congratulations on the Boggart!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    #627 October, 2019, 11:01 am.

For what it's worth, I have seen 4 nifflers over the past few weeks. I know spawns can vary a lot by area/weather/dumb luck, so I will count myself lucky.

#727 October, 2019, 04:18 pm.

Got lucky and caught one today. Dawdle + Strong exstimulo nabbed him!

#827 October, 2019, 05:51 pm.

ok, no more being cheap ... i will use strong exstimulo and dawdle next time (even though that is very expensive) for the adult niffler!

congrats @MtPollux and @Dewin99

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    #927 October, 2019, 05:58 pm.

Send me some of those as well as boggart cabinets!!

edited October 27 #1027 October, 2019, 06:35 pm.

my current prestige bottlenecks (ie, only remaining image to be placed in order to prestige and current fragments out of total fragments needed):

care of magical creatures registry page 2:

monster book of monsters (14/24)

hogwarts school registry page 1:

boggart cabinet (13/24)

hogwarts school registry page 4:

wild boar portrait (3/15)

ministry of magic registry page 1:

flock of interdepartmental memos (15/24)

magizoology registry page 1:

adult niffler (6/24)

oddities registry page 1:

centaur bows (12/20)

— not counting the non-domestic dragons on oddities registry pages 3 & 4

certain glaciers are receding faster than getting these missing fragments are progressing, it seems*

*renewing request for info (when tapping on silhouette in registry page) on date and place most recently seen and/or captured (in addition to date first captured)

edited October 29 #1129 October, 2019, 05:45 pm.

just caught my last (13/13) azkaban prisoner, so newest bottleneck is ...

oddities registry page 5:

three-headed dog aka fluffy (10/15)

#1231 October, 2019, 03:48 am.

and thanks to day 1 of harrowing halloween event, placed knockturn alley sign (15/15) today, so yet another new bottleneck ...

dark arts registry page 2:

swooping evil (2/11)

edited October 31 #1331 October, 2019, 05:28 pm.

took a trace detection tonic today at dawn. gone are the brilliant event’s oddity specials pulled in by tonic, like doxies and fluffy. instead, tonic today brought back the mundane foundables, only more of them ... oh, and an adult niffler (took the dawdle draught and ... 7/24 - drought over, and hoping not the start of a new drought). so overwhelmed, i forgot to take screenshots of the encounter, but here’s the bookend to the earlier look at the registry page:

#1401 November, 2019, 09:41 am.

latest bottleneck after placing vanishing cabinet fragment 36/36 (thanks to increased dark arts traces for halloween event) ...

dark arts registry page 1:

magick most evile (24/50)

#1502 November, 2019, 11:11 pm.

a good number of the bottleneck fragments are potentially available via portkey reward, so i may have to re-orient strategy toward doing more portkeys during non-event weeks

#1609 November, 2019, 05:35 am.

got an adult niffler today ... what a sight for sore eyes

cried with joy

then cried again when realizing it was still only 9/24

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #1711 November, 2019, 04:56 am.

Open more portkeys.

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 52 ✭✭
    #1811 November, 2019, 06:56 am.

I am in the same boat looking for niffers. But did see two yesterday during my hunt.

edited November 12 #1912 November, 2019, 05:38 am.

@Kreaturez - yup, but i won’t be able to do many regular portkeys until i get the brilliant portkeys done - and no break in between week 1 and week 2 this month. i did get another adult niffler (10/24) today, plus my last tank of brains fragment (11/11).

so newest bottleneck is really looking ugly ...

ministry of magic registry page 2:

the veil (1/11)

i cleared up the centaur bows bottleneck by farming/**** oddity runestones - probably used up 80% of them, but it was worth it. new centaur bows target is 40 fragments, 🤣.