Rescheduled Community Day for Players in UTC+13 and UTC+12 Time Zones

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
in Community Day #1 latest comment 30 October, 2019, 12:46 am.

Hey everyone,

Due to an issue during last weekend’s Community Day in the UTC+13 and UTC+12 time zones, we will be running a make up Community Day for players in the impacted time zones on: Saturday, 10/26 at 11 am Local Time

This make up event will have the same event bonuses as last's weekend's Community Day! To remind you, here are the details:

• Werewolf, Vampire, and Doxy Oddities will appear more often
  • 3x Wizarding XP from all Oddities
  • Vampire, Werewolf, and Doxy Oddities have the chance to reward Dark Arts Runestones. Be sure to save these Dark Arts Runestones for the upcoming Halloween Event 🎃
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will only reveal Werewolf, Vampire, and Doxy Oddities
  • Baruffio’s Brain Elixir brew time reduced to 30 minutes and Master Note effectiveness increased by 50%
  • Sponsored Inns grant increased Spell Energy
  • Free Store Bundle (Only for players who did not claim this last Saturday)

Be sure to share this announcement with your fellow players! Have a fun community day! Check out this thread for tips and tricks on how to make the most of it:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/3365/october-community-day-tips/p1?new=1

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #226 October, 2019, 10:53 pm.

it is happening here in Hawaii too, right now

oddities triple xp

WVDs dropping dark arts runestones

accelerated brew times for brain elixirs 30m/15m

if i had known in advance about this, i would have planted toadstools in advance, and loaded up on spell energy

#326 October, 2019, 11:08 pm.

and a red dot for diagon alley, where this presents itself:

but no free bundle

kinda cash-grabby

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #427 October, 2019, 04:06 am.

@kiheikid I'm guessing you already got your free community day bundle last weekend. From Lola's post:

• Free Store Bundle (Only for players who did not claim this last Saturday)

#527 October, 2019, 04:21 am.

true, i did get the free one the first time around

did anyone else in north america get a second 3-hour community day today (oct. 26)?

i had thought it was limited to utc+13 and utc+12.

hawaii is utc-10, which i guess equates to utc+14 if one ignores the date

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #627 October, 2019, 02:33 pm.

@kiheikid Nice! Didn’t realize Hawaii had issues last time. Nothing here on the east coast.

#727 October, 2019, 06:00 pm.

@MrSciGuy - hawaii did not have the big issues during original community day of october, which was why i did not expect for us to be included in yesterday’s make-up community day for utc+13 and utc+12. if we were included by accident, then i can understand and forgive the lack of notice. if we were intended to have been included, then we did not get notice that this is the case, because hawaii’s utc-10 is technically 23 hours behind (or 1 hour ahead, but on prior day) relative to utc+13.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #829 October, 2019, 06:56 pm.

@kiheikid Definitely not intended, and as far as I see you are the only player to report this! Lucky you 😛

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #929 October, 2019, 10:37 pm.

Follow-up for players in Brazil: We apologize for the error in October Community Day scheduling. We will be sending all impacted players a bonus bundle that will be available in Diagon Alley when the Harrowing Halloween event begins!

• HerMayreeHerMayree Posts: 76 ✭✭
    #1030 October, 2019, 12:46 am.

I lost the first 2 hours and sent MULTIPLE messages and emails. Wasted $6 on gold to finish brain potions as well. It would've been nice to get a make up day for me. I'm in SC. No one else in my group had issues. my time zone is correct in my phone and all settings and updates were correct and done. I love this game, but I am not loving getting the shaft.