Halloween Event Details

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 511 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 01 November, 2019, 11:23 pm.

Are you brave enough to take on a spine-chilling Special Assignment this Halloween to earn exclusive limited-time rewards? First encountered in the Chamber of Secrets, Slytherin's Basilisk will be making a limited-time appearance this Halloween… just make sure to avoid eye contact with anything slithering in the dark!

Using the Dark Arts Runestones you've been saving up all month, you'll be able to gain entry into a special Harrowing Halloween Chamber in Fortresses, where something sinister lies in wait… The more Dark Arts Runestones you and your friends use, and the higher their levels, the greater your chances of encountering the exclusive Slytherin's Basilisk.

From Wednesday, October 30 at 11 a.m. PDT to Friday, November 1 at 11 a.m. PDT, be prepared for the following:

• A limited-time Halloween Special Assignment with exclusive rewards, including a new Title and Badge for your Ministry ID.
  • Harrowing Halloween Chamber where Dark Arts Runestones will unlock unique foes including a Dark Witch, a Dark Ministry Official and Slytherin's Basilisk, all of which grant increased Dark Arts Family XP.
  • Increased sightings of Dark Arts Family Traces, as well as Moaning Myrtle and Young Ginny Weasley Traces.
  • A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop with Dark Arts Runestones and Spell Energy.
  • Partner Fortresses grant bonuses, including increased chances of encountering Slytherin's Basilisk, bonus Dark Arts Family XP, and increased Spell Energy in Chambers level 4 and higher.

This event is going to be a fun one! To keep us busy till then, we will have Week 2 of the Fighting Forces Brilliant event starting tomorrow 😀Be sure to save up your Dark Arts Runestones till Halloween!

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #221 October, 2019, 10:46 pm.

WOOHOOOOOOOOO! Cannot wait!!

@WerewolfChaser

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭
    #321 October, 2019, 10:57 pm.

@HPWULola this sounds fantastic. Just wanted to ask if there is any bonus challenge xp or if all the bonus is specifically dark arts family xp only? Since it is a new chamber I'm not sure if the challenge xp from it would be higher than what we usually see.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #421 October, 2019, 11:41 pm.

Sounds amazing Lola !! Can't wait to meet mew foes & check out their stamina & pray my skills work the same on them as others lol! Or not- either way I'll love the challenge!

Looks like il be at the fortress most of Halloween! Yay ! 😀

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 511 admin
    #522 October, 2019, 12:16 am.

@Ginnungagap I believe it is only Dark Arts Family XP, but will let you know if I am incorrect there!

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #622 October, 2019, 01:56 am.

@HPWULola looks like trick or treat fun. Thank you so much for making the event longer than just 10/31!

Bring on the Basilick. I ain't 'fraid of no snake!

• CalondywyllCalondywyll Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #722 October, 2019, 02:42 am.

If you live in a place where yhere aren't other players, do you still have a chance to get the Basilick?

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #822 October, 2019, 03:10 am.

@HPWULola - thank you very much for the advanced notice of the halloween event. i hope folks will see a similar notification in-game too.

fyi, started a separate discussion thread with link to guide and preview of tasks, at:

Post edited by kiheikid on
  • ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭
    #922 October, 2019, 03:27 pm.

@HPWULola The event sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing the details 😊

• ArtymerlArtymerl Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #1024 October, 2019, 05:03 pm.

Hi, would the solo players like me be able to encounter the basilisks?

• SidjiSidji Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1128 October, 2019, 11:09 am.

And once again an announcement for a global event without the usage of UTC...

edited October 2019 #1229 October, 2019, 08:17 am.

@HPWULola @HPWUFazes - what does “chambers level 4 and higher” mean in the indicated text ?

the WU-tuber animagus - is that you, @AnimagusYT ? - seems to suggest that it means the 4th & 5th level in each grouping of chambers, ie., Ruins 4&5, Tower 4&5, Forest 4&5, and Dark4&5. is that correct?

alternatively, it could mean all chambers from and above Ruins4. so, if that were true, then this would include, for example, Tower 1 or Forest 3, each of which is higher than Ruins 4.

please clarify. we all do not want to waste our runestones in the wrong fortress chambers!

thank you.

• ZaansGroenZaansGroen Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #1329 October, 2019, 09:36 am.

I am very disappointed that there is a special map with locations where extra stuff can be found. This means that all the people that have no jobs will get these special things (and they already have more time to spend on WU through the weekly hours), while people that have jobs will hardly have a chance to collect these rare items.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭
    #1429 October, 2019, 10:25 am.

Doesn’t this event start on Oct. 30th? According to my in-game message pop-up, it starts the 31st:

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭
    #1529 October, 2019, 11:37 am.

@ZaansGroen Special map? Extra stuff? Where did you find out about this please?

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #1629 October, 2019, 12:14 pm.

@HPWULola

I just received the notice on my phone. In terrible French (there is a reason I set the game to English...), with at least one typo on top. Also, being told that it starts on the 31st, while your post says it starts on the 30th. Again, not impressed.

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #1729 October, 2019, 10:29 pm.

I will be posted at the AT&T store using their fortress for the next two days before after work starting tomorrow. I’m solo player. I hope I can encounter the Dark Witches, Dark Ministry Officials, and of cause the Basilisk.

I mean to get all three is my wish.

As far as I know @MrSciGuy I received notification that it starts from October 30, 2019 at 11:00 PST till November 1, 2019 at 11:00 am PST. You might have to figure the time zone for you area since I’m on the west coast.

#1829 October, 2019, 10:34 pm.

@SaiDax I was under the same impression regarding the start and end times. But this in-game message popped up which is conflicting. The overall communication with this game is pretty poor.

#1929 October, 2019, 11:02 pm.

@kiheikid I believe you asked this on a different thread, but I'll answer here. Players will only see up to 1 Basilisk per chamber. Therefore, if you are playing with teammates, be sure to strategize to allow each player a chance to defeat the beast!

As for the Sponsored Chambers and additional spell energy, it will benefit Chambers 4-20. So, your second guess!

@DubiousAffairs Thanks for the feedback! That was an error on our part, the event does start on October 30th, 11AM PDT. All regions will have the event live during the entirety of Halloween Day, October 31st.

#2030 October, 2019, 12:21 am.

thank you @HPWULola !!!

• OtterlyslothfulOtterlyslothful Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2130 October, 2019, 06:31 pm.

It has been asked a lot, but I haven't seen an answer to the question about solo players still being able to encounter the special foes and basilisk. Do we have just as much chance or are we wasting our time?

#2230 October, 2019, 06:41 pm.

I got one. Hardy harrowing, level 1 Runestone too

• Billmill20Billmill20 Posts: 1
    #2330 October, 2019, 07:12 pm.

a little disappointed, the SOS bundle for this event is false advertising. The bundle shows 5 potent exstimilo potions and when purchased it gave 5 exstimulo potions instead. Can you guys please fix this issue!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭
    #2430 October, 2019, 07:34 pm.

Event complete 😊

#2530 October, 2019, 07:51 pm.

@Billmill20 This issue has now been fixed. Please reach out to in-app support and they will add the correct bundle to your account!

#2630 October, 2019, 07:54 pm.

@HPWULola Are there different levels for the harrowing Halloween chamber? Or is it simply one level, but we just use different runestones? It just doesn’t seem like the difficulty changes much between runestones. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. Just looking for the basilisk.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    #2730 October, 2019, 09:46 pm.

@Otterlyslothful yes, you can complete the entire thing as a solo player with nothing but lvl 1-2 runestones. I just finished the entire even in under 30min. First time in the chamber I used a Lvl 1 DA runestone and immediately got a basilisk.

• KingZogKingZog Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #2830 October, 2019, 10:07 pm.

@Bormacska Were you in a sponsored fortress? I'm soloing with no sponsored fortresses around and I got zero basilisks out of 21 runs with level 1 and 2 runestones. 1 out of 5 level 3s gave basiliks, 1 out of 2 level 4s and 0 out of 2 level 5s. They seem pretty rare!

#2930 October, 2019, 10:15 pm.

@KingZog I was soloing in a non-sponsored fortress. The first three attempts in the Halloween Chamber with level 2 and 3 runes only yielded Dark Witches and Dark Ministry Officials, the fourth try with a level one gave me a basilisk.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    #3030 October, 2019, 11:22 pm.

@KingZog I've now been to both sponsored and non-sponsored and have found basilisks in both. Was soloing in both cases. Still haven't used anything above a level 3 rune as I would rather use my higher runes in higher fortresses.

My luck in this game is random. With the last brilliant event everyone around me (in my local group of friends playing) saw "fluffy" with almost every tonic trace potion. I had a single day with one (out of 8 tonics) where I found "fluffy". It was only yesterday I finally saw another dragon since day of dragons. So I have had my very large batch of frustration in/at the game.

I wish you the best of luck in running into a Basilisk!!

#3130 October, 2019, 11:45 pm.

@KingZog They are a bit rare, but keep at it! It took me a minute to find one and was so excited to battle the terrifying creature! 🐍