What rare foundable have you see recently?

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019 #9203 November, 2019, 04:57 pm.

the library event starts later today (sunday, nov. 3rd) at 8am local time, but i did not have to wait until then or even have to go the library ... hermione came right to my house !

no time to be cheap ... potent exstimulo AND dawdle draught

edited November 2019 #9303 November, 2019, 05:05 pm.

congratulations @Hallanen !!

my condolences @Imaginatio ... hearing about your losing those especially rare foundables to disintegration / departure when the potion vault is dry, i am having sympathy pains

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019 #9403 November, 2019, 05:57 pm.

@kiheikid Congratulation on getting Harmione and nice screenshots. I particularly like the one where McGonagall is being sucked back in to the cabinet. Poor McGonagall, she didn’t even get to finish her rap song 😂

It’s okay regarding the departing foundables, I half expected it to happen, so I wasn’t surprised. I used the strong extimulo on the sorting hat and Dumbledore, but it usually isn’t enough on its own for those rarer foundables - it usually needs a dawdle droughts as well. Oh well, hopefully I will be more prepared next time. I need to open some portkeys I’ve unlocked, I’m hoping I’ll get some unicorn hair from them to brew more potent extimulos. Fingers crossed.

I was near a library inn and Harmione paid a visit to me too. Luckily she didn’t depart with the strong extimulo in use, so I’m happy again . 😊 I hope I get to place her over the next few days.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #9503 November, 2019, 08:27 pm.

@AuroraKadavra in regards to the dark detectors, I have found that if multiple people each chip in one on an inn, it increases the rarity of foundables vs just one person throwing one or two DD on an inn. If you are able, it might be worth a try!

#9603 November, 2019, 09:20 pm.

i am encouraged by your optimism and resilience, @Imaginatio !!

getting a second hermione fragment from her orange-plumed trace popping up at my house just now, doesn’t hurt either (this time, a strong exstimulo plus another dawdle draught). time to go brew brew brew more dawdle draughts (and open more portkeys in hope of getting hermit crab shell rewards).

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #9703 November, 2019, 09:35 pm.

Thanks @Bormacska for tip with dark detectors.

I have tried with 1 other person placing 3 each in a couple of inns close together - we each had 2 in one, 1 in other & found that a good few more yellow beam confoundables appeared.

Still not as great as we expected tho (greedy I know!) But at leaat it showed they were working of sorts.

But that's a good idea if can get a 3rd person to place one so the inns are calling from 3 different players might work to bring some orange or red beams! Worth a try!! 😀

Awesome day @Imaginatio !! For browsing anyway! Just window shopping for confoundables 😂 very much hope they come your way again soon!

Congrats @Hallanen on those finds! Awesome!!

#9803 November, 2019, 09:39 pm.

Got womping willow again today -with baruffio going- was chuffed!

#9903 November, 2019, 10:51 pm.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cr-DxlUO3J14eIK4NHc3NpCaz4ZDNcycC77-WfZqze0/htmlview

https://youtu.be/nj_M7m9yCzE

@LekeyVelder aka james wright on his WU-tube channel Wizard News did some research about the efficacy of different combinations of single/multiple dark detectors and single/multiple inns and single/multiple players contributing the dark detectors

• RunninAmokRunninAmok Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #10004 November, 2019, 12:04 am.

Received a deluminator from a Wizarding Challenge today in a Forest Chamber, but can't find it in the Registry!?!?!?

#10104 November, 2019, 12:35 am.

@kiheikid I try. The tide doesn’t always stay the same, it keeps changing. You just got to be patient enough to see it turn.

Congratulations on Harmione! I hope you get some more crab shells.😊

@AuroraKadavra Yay! 😃

Window shopping 🤔that’s a nice way of putting it. Maybe next time I see them come around, they’ll go in the registry. 😊

@RunninAmok when you go into your registry, go into the challenges section from the bottom of the page. I think it’s on one of the magical devices pages.

#10204 November, 2019, 02:31 am.

@kiheikid his findings are similar to the group of people I sometimes play with. Although at one point with 3DD from 3 different people we ended up with four emergency spawns and seven orange and yellow spawns... So a little better than his average. Then again we were in a flagged area. CoMC I believe...

#10304 November, 2019, 03:55 am.

@Bormacska

if only there were 3 or more of us to play together. just me and da boss lady, but we can split inns 2 and 1, and 1 and 2, with DDs

#10404 November, 2019, 08:13 pm.

Oh my goodness- just encountered this for the first time in the wild! I have it placed from fortress fragments and didn't even know it was a thing!!

Sorry- theyve ended up in reverse order! Lol. Oops!

#10504 November, 2019, 08:41 pm.

@AuroraKadavra Awesome!!! Congratulations on the find! 😃

I have yet to see Dumbledore’s portrait in the wild. Looking forward to hopefully coming across it at some point as well.

#10604 November, 2019, 11:14 pm.

opened a 10k portkey (honeydukes) and got lots of xp, the weasley flying car, but no ingredients

#10704 November, 2019, 11:34 pm.

Not a bad amount of xp there @kiheikid!

#10805 November, 2019, 01:37 am.

@Bormacska - i never had that many xp from a single portkey before (nor have i tapped 5 straight wrackspurts for xp only before), and am kicking myself for forgetting the brain elixir again; but the tradeoff was no ingredients this time and i had been hoping for some unicorn hair, powdered dragon claw, and leaping toadstool. c’est la vie.

#10905 November, 2019, 02:14 am.

I feel your pain. Haven't seen unicorn hair in a month now. It's killing me!

#11005 November, 2019, 03:32 am.

Hanging out at my house! Second cast, no potions and have only ever seen these since the brilliant event and never one without a purple shimmer!

What's the term again? Reet chuffed beeties?! 😂

#11105 November, 2019, 10:19 pm.

good day today

at fortress:

centaur bow #20/20 thereby allowing me to prestige oddities registry page 1 to silver in time for upcoming full moon

and hagrid’s hut ( first time in at least 2 months )

from traces:

no time to be cheap, i used dawdle draught and basic exstimulo potion (and a couple of hail mary’s too)

#11205 November, 2019, 10:20 pm.

congrats @Bormacska - sorting hat (regular) is so rare!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #11305 November, 2019, 10:26 pm.

Congratulations @Bormacska & @kiheikid

Excellent work, great screenshots!

• SpahzSpahz Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #11406 November, 2019, 12:28 am.

been catching quite a few rares this week, got a Sorting Hat during lunch today

#11506 November, 2019, 12:41 am.

So close to placing Hermione and leveling up, but as Albus told me today as he disappeared, " Alas, earwax."

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #11606 November, 2019, 05:42 am.

I found a unicorn this morning, my last fragment, and he fled!!😩

#11706 November, 2019, 05:45 am.

@Dogoutlaw must be one of those days 🙄

#11806 November, 2019, 05:50 am.

departure denied happened on spellcast #2

i had popped a dawdle draught and a potent exstimulo when i first saw percy’s earwax getting cleaned out the hard way

the dawdle expired after the 3rd cast, so i popped a second dawdle

the potent expired after the 5th cast, so i popped a strong exstimulo

the second dawdle expired after the 6th cast, so i popped a third dawdle

success after spell cast #7

total cost: 3 dawdle draughts; 1 potent exstimulo; 1 strong exstimulo; and any desire to watch another colin farrell movie for a long long time

#11906 November, 2019, 06:05 am.

Well done @kiheikid!

#12006 November, 2019, 06:37 am.

@Bormacska 😂😂 reet chuffed butties!! 😂 that's made my day!! I really needed cheering up so thank you for that!

Congrats on sorting hat! And u can have some of my unicorn hair- ive got 55, deleted 5 yest cos it's just getting silly! Yet im down to one dragon claw!

@Dogoutlaw i saw a unicorn today too, think was mumber 7 or 8 for me but i had to leave it after 2 strong Es, and about 15 casts, i was in hospital car park & someone was then impatiently waiting for my place! Felt like getting out & saying just give me 5 min this unicorn is being stubborn! 😂

#12107 November, 2019, 01:55 am.

So no unicorns, but was able to place Hermione after three "nopes", finally found Newt (the faces he makes are fantastic!), Graves, the boggart cabinet, the veil, the time turner and the foe glass!

I do love the day before an event. It is almost like everyone comes out to promenade the square!