What rare foundable have you see recently?

OwlxOwlx Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 16 November, 2019, 05:46 am.

Also what have you found for the 1st time?

Theory is that the rare foundables cycle in game.

We were all missing the oddities from end of dark week 1

@Acumen

@NursePoppy

@ZookiTabooki

Please tag some one else who might enjoy sharing rare finds sightings.

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #219 October, 2019, 11:54 pm.

I still have yet to encounter Dumbledore, Tom Riddle, or Quidditch Fan Hermione. Oh and two of the dragons (Antipodean Opaleye and Common Welsh Green). I’ve stumbled upon all the others though. The Veil is still my favorite Foundable, because it’s such a spooky object. My most recent was Newt, during the event today. 😁

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    #320 October, 2019, 03:13 am.

Caught Newt twice within the last week for the first time, and also picked up a Swooping Evil today!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭
    #420 October, 2019, 08:38 am.

My recent rare ones were Fawkes, Grawp and the swooping evil, which I got on on the community day. I was able to place Fawkes as well, which was awesome.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    #520 October, 2019, 12:01 pm.

@MrSciGuy nice! I need so many newt and swooping evil. Maybe swooping evil will invade everywhere on Halloween. I could only hope.

• HallanenHallanen Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #620 October, 2019, 02:08 pm.

on community day I got Nimbus 2000,Fawkes,Horned Serpent,Percival Graves,Newt Scamander and McGonagall. Also saw a couple of Firenzes but didn't manage to free them.

Today I saw/got Firenze, Goblet of Fire and Grawp.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭
    #720 October, 2019, 07:00 pm.

I saw Tommy boy yesterday

But I haven’t come across the veil (in the wild), or Newt, Dumbledore, Buckbeak or the Swooping evil at all.

I have 8 portraits of Dumbledore, but all of them are from fortresses, none in the wild. ☹️

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    edited October 20 #820 October, 2019, 07:25 pm.

have yet to even encounter dumbledore (not his portrait).

firenze is elusive ... after CD yesterday, saw him on our way home ... used 2 medium (strong) exstimulo potions and he disintegrated on my 6th spell cast. sucks to have to save potents right now because of brilliant event week 2 requirement

besides dumbledore, probably next most rare for me are the veil and the pensieve and the weasley flying car and young hermione

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #921 October, 2019, 04:42 pm.

I JUST got the brain tank today. That one always escapes on me and I only have 4 of it. Going to take forever with that one...

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1021 October, 2019, 10:32 pm.

I had to make a running list last week, because I had a LOT of rare encounters, more than usual. Young Hermione x2, Tank of Brains x2 (placed! and then fled without potion use), Buckbeak (fled 😫), unicorn x2 (same day, I'm starting to wonder if that one is weather related or something), Goblet of Fire, Firenze (placed!), Hagrid (fled without potion), Tom Riddle, Grawp x2 (placed! and then fled without potion), Quidditch Ron, Quidditch Harry, McGonagall (yay!), and then the last is a little story. We were at hardware store yesterday, and apparently my avatar got bored and decided he wanted to walk home. I looked at the game periodically while we were there and I suddenly saw an inn. Confused, since I knew we weren't near an inn, I zoomed out. It took me a minute, but I eventually got my bearings and figured out where he was. He was a few blocks from home. I dined, because who wouldn't given the chance, and then carried on at the store. As we were checking out, I checked to see where he was again, and I saw the Legends trace with red beam (!!!). I tapped it quickly, recognizing he was still somewhere else, and it was Dumbledore! I threw potions at him and thankfully got him (my second fragment so far). Then I had to figure out where he was so I could drive over there quickly so hubby could try a chance at him. I was able to find the spot and hubby caught him. Yay! We also found Grawpy hanging out in the same area. We never would have come across them if my little avatar hadn't taken that walk home. So bizarre, but I'll happily let him wander like that again if it leads to red beams!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1122 October, 2019, 12:37 am.

@Dogoutlaw thats awesome that it goes on a wander for you!! Mine never wanders that far, just sometimes does some fancy broom dancing as we drive along & i show hubby saying 'look at the skillz, he's showing off!' 😂

Don't know why it's a 'he' but it just comes out as that lol!

Ive had all sorts last week- womping willow, McGonagall now on 8! Tank of brains, grawp, quidditch harry & Hermione, the veil, goblet of fire (that animation is sooo beautiful!) Firenze twice- wish it were brown centsur- just need a few of him to finally prestige that page- he's so rare for me then always departs!

Got Newt again, philosophers stone- departed tho! Also got Weasley car, sorting hat & Hermiones time turner again.

Quite a decent week for the rarer finds i thought. Im brewing more potent exstimulo now quickly cos went down to only 1 left with all those! 😀

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭
    #1222 October, 2019, 01:02 am.

@Hallanen those are great haul of rare foundables.

@JulieJubz I also saw tank of brain. Return one one departed. I need 2 more to place it

@Dogoutlaw that's an impressive list.

I've saw my 1st Boggart Harry. He fled. They almost always flee my first sighting. I almost expected it.

I did return boggart Hermoine I the first sighting I was properly chuffed.

My sight list over the last week Tom Riddle, McGonagal, Dumbledore, Goblet of Fire 1st in the wild), Quidditch Harry (fled), Philosopher's stone, unicorn(fled)

Grawp(fled) , tank of brains, & swooping evil. I just love swooping evil. I wonder if I can get a MACUSA license to have one in the house?

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    #1322 October, 2019, 04:11 am.

for me today:

newt scamander (success after potent exstimulo)

grawp (disintegrated after strong exstimulo)

for my wife today:

newt scamander (disintegrated after potent exstimulo AND dawdle draught used up)

grawp (success after strong exstimulo, then potent exstimulo)

capturing these rare foundable fragments seems to be getting more expensive and more difficult

#1422 October, 2019, 10:25 pm.

today I saw on the map that someone else in my tiny part of town was playing a fortress,I feel like that is a rare foundable if anything. 😂

as for foundables that show up in the registry:

death eater (next to a church and graveyard of all things,lol)

several horned serpents

baby norwegian ridgeback x2

occamy eggs x2 (are these even really rare? I've seen 26 so far)

• KarenDuhhKarenDuhh Posts: 1
    edited October 23 #1523 October, 2019, 12:21 am.

I just caught my first Dumbledore and three headed dog earlier this week!! 😁

#1623 October, 2019, 02:27 am.

@Hallanen LOL🤣 that is the rarest foundable indeed. Death water in by a cemetery near Halloween that is very seasonal.

@KarenDuhh welcome. 💃🍾 on your 1st Dumbledore!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1723 October, 2019, 03:14 am.

@KarenDuhh awesome!!

#1823 October, 2019, 03:16 am.

I returned at regular registry Sirius Black.

The event is Siriusly fun

#1923 October, 2019, 01:16 pm.

Did you seriously get Sirius while asking Siri to play Sirius radio?

#2023 October, 2019, 03:51 pm.

Lolololol siriusly tho- its so serious to place serious sirius black! Can't seriously stress Sirius enough 😂😂

#2123 October, 2019, 03:57 pm.

Over past cuple days I've still been having some rarer confoundables popping up! It's been great!

Caught Tom Riddle today & the veil, plus I actually ran into my 2nd Welsh Green Dragon since Day if Dragons yesterday- was V happy bout that!

Keep them coming 😀🤞

#2223 October, 2019, 06:19 pm.

Got myself my second ever Luna with her lion hat! + a few Fluffys.

#2323 October, 2019, 08:09 pm.

I finally got Fluffy's less fluffy cousin! TWICE :D

#2423 October, 2019, 08:18 pm.

@JulieJubz lol, nice description and congratulations on the finds! 😂

#2523 October, 2019, 08:30 pm.

@Imaginatio I mean, so far we know it's not the real Fluffy, but also I have no idea what to call it and "three headed dog" is a long, lol 😅

#2623 October, 2019, 09:31 pm.

@Imaginatio That is true. Since we don’t really know if we will get a Fluffy foundable, I’ve just named this one Fluffy as well. Hope Fluffy doesn’t mind sharing his name.

• MikeHughJassMikeHughJass Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2724 October, 2019, 12:06 am.

Took a Tonic for Trace Detection.

Weather: Day, Partly Cloudy

Got TWO Three Headed Dogs, a Death Eater Oddity (not Brilliant), and a Leprechaun who only should be showing up at Dusk.

So those potions seem to have gotten a bit of a bump in their utility.

#2824 October, 2019, 01:32 am.

I got Grawp! He always departs

@AuroraKadavra cool a dragon! And the veil.

I haven't see. That one or Pickett. I really want to find pickett in the wild.

@Hallanen dont you just love Luna!

#2924 October, 2019, 12:23 pm.

Look who woke up the house

Getting closer 7 of 11

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    #3024 October, 2019, 07:26 pm.

First Tom Riddle tonight!

#3124 October, 2019, 10:27 pm.

Nice, @Dewin99! I still have yet to spot Tom in my neighborhood. (shakes fist at sky)