Dark Arts runestones

RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 82 ✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 31 October, 2019, 06:00 am.

Got a lot of dark arts runestones today and i understand we will need them for the holloween event. Any idea why we need so many?

Answers

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #219 October, 2019, 09:37 pm.

No idea, but I'm pretty excited to find out! My best guess is most of us won't need quite as many as we managed to collect today, but dark arts runestones will be required for a chance to encounter the specific foes illustrated below in fortress challenges. This leads to another guess that there will be tasks requiring us to fight X number of dark witches, basilisks, etc. I could be nowhere close to guessing correctly though, so take it for what it's worth. 😁

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #319 October, 2019, 10:16 pm.

I can't wait to see what's in store for us. I just hope I'll have time to play along with work school dance and trick or treating.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #420 October, 2019, 06:12 am.

thanks @Radicaldav for starting this thread and asking the question

let’s play a math game with simplified numbers ...

100 DA runestones obtained today

6 minutes per fortress battle (ignore countdown timing issue for now)

that is 10 fortress battles and therefore 10 runestones per hour (assuming price of admission for a fortress battle is still just one runestone).

and therefore 10 hours to go through 100 DA runestones.

even if the special halloween chamber level were “easier” so that a battle takes half the time, that would still be 5 hours total.

keep in mind also that halloween 10/31 is on a thursday, ie a workday and schoolday for most folks, so where are we going to carve out so many hours of spare time to go fortress battling for basilisks, etc. ??

Post edited by kiheikid on
    #520 October, 2019, 06:19 am.

@HPWULola - how about awarding 10x challenge XP for the special halloween chamber level in fortress battles on halloween ? that sure would help with the red book bottleneck currently in place !!

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #620 October, 2019, 11:58 am.

@kiheikid I'm sure they already have the bonuses planned. O think they are just focused on the brilliant event in a couple of days first. Then later they may share more details about the Halloween event. This is the first time I can recall what appears to be an actual fortress central event. I am sure they will have fortress bonuses.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #720 October, 2019, 02:16 pm.

The community day in August (?) was fortress focused, and had challenge xp bonuses. I’m expecting the same for Halloween along with perhaps some special ID badges like the weekend of Fan Fest. Of course, nothing confirmed officially, but I feel like that’s what they’re building to, and a kick* special chamber.

• aWILDJamisonaWILDJamison Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #821 October, 2019, 03:43 pm.

My guess is that you will probably only need 10-20 of the runestones in order to complete the special quests since not everyone was able to participate in the community day event. However for those that went hardcore, there will be good enough rewards to make you want to spend all of them. If the rewards are as amazing as this months events have been in general then I will be playing practically non-stop during it. Who needs sleep after all? :)

#931 October, 2019, 06:00 am.

because if you are **** in the harrowing halloween chamber for specific dark arts fortress foundable fragments, it will take a lot of dark arts runestones to place the image of each

it took 50+ dark arts level 1 runestones to get 15/15 (and started at about 7/15) of each of tom riddle sr’s gravestone (easiest for me), magic is might statue (a little harder), and knockturn alley sign (most difficult) ... but the drop rates today in harrowing halloween chamber were buffed/boosted compared to normal chamber levels where i grind (tower 3 to forest 1)