Thank You - Community Day

2»

Comments

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    #3220 October, 2019, 01:28 am.

@Imaginatio so glad you got find some local wizards to play with! I randomly met some in my neck of the woods too - excited to now have people to fortress with 🥳

what a great community day 🐺 🧛🏽‍♂️

• OldDogHowlsOldDogHowls Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3320 October, 2019, 01:28 am.

What great event. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. The best community event so far. Will all the QoL improvements it made for a very enjoyable experience I got a **** load of experience ~ 235,000. Did anyone else find that dragons gave triple points during the event? I fought as a megazologist and vampires took 2 hits and werewolf’s 3 hits

#3420 October, 2019, 01:37 am.

I got 87 dark arts rune stones today 😄

placed my vamp, doxy, and werewolf. Finally met some local wizards, did my first group fortress play, unlocked to level 8 in the fortress. Placed some books 📚, jokes, and other items in my registry. Went from level 17 to 21. Brewed a lot of Barrufios and paid gold for for the PDC. Worth it because I haven’t come across the PDC anywhere - not even as a reward. I have more Erumpent horns than I can foresee needing for a lifetime. 😂 always have what I don’t have need lol. Got a couple more Peruvian vipertooth fragments so I’m really close to placing it for the first time. 🥳 🐉

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3520 October, 2019, 01:43 am.

mostly fun, except for having to take semi-break twice (at 1h20m and again at 2h20m) to go in search of spell energy, because for this professor, W took 4 hits, V took 3 hits, and D took 2 hits, if no critical hits cast. my wife the auror was 1-hitting or 2-hitting every WVD in sight. each semi-break took about 20 minutes for me to get back to 50-60% of max spell capacity, and in meantime it did not make sense for me to use trace detection tonics while loading up on spell energy because i did not get more spells fast enough to get even all the regular WVD traces, much less have enough to deal with extra tonic-induced WVD traces.

final results in 3 hours:

6 Baruffio Brain Elixirs used

4 Tonics for Trace Detection used

XP +86,550

Werewolves +50 (image previously placed)

Vampires+40 (image previously placed)

Doxies +26 (went from 7/50 to 33/50)

12 Baruffio Brain Elixirs brewed in just the regular cauldron (not enough leaping toadstools in my vault to justify using rental cauldron) at 15mins. each

6 Oddity family rank-up equivalents yielding 6 Oddity runestones (lvl-1 x1; lvl-4 x4; lvl-5 x1)

115 Dark Arts runestones dropped from WVD (lvl-1 x72; lvl-2 x34; lvl-3 x9)

thank you to @HPWU team

feel sorry for those in Oceania and Brazil (and South Carolina too ??) who apparently got screwed; hopefully losses will be fully recompensed - a Community Day do-over does not compensate for losses incurred by folks in reliance on CD bonuses being in effect on time

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #3620 October, 2019, 01:44 am.

@LadyRedIII I'm really glad to hear you had such a great experience with your first community day! They may only be one a month but it is definitely a great opportunity to try to collaborate with others and perhaps venture father away than you might normally.

#3720 October, 2019, 01:49 am.

@Ginnungagap absolutely! Really can’t wait for the next one now 😄🧙🏻‍♀️

#3820 October, 2019, 01:51 am.

Sounds like you had a good time of it @kiheikid

#3920 October, 2019, 02:08 am.

yep, and sounds like you did too @LadyRedIII

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4020 October, 2019, 02:42 am.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. It is lovely to hear that other people enjoyed the day too. I felt so bad for people in Oceania and Brazil who had problems. I really hope things get worked out for them. I know I spent ages preparing for CD.

#4120 October, 2019, 07:27 am.

fyi, someone posted this comment to james wright aka @LekeyVelder ’s vid today:

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭
    #4220 October, 2019, 08:03 am.

I was going to ask if I am the only one who got annoyed by the Adam Lambert vampire’s animation but I can see that I wasn’t! It was fine at first but started getting old around the 20th time. 🙄

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4320 October, 2019, 09:15 am.

@MtPollux The group is a good size, so hopefully that will be the case each time we meet up. 😊

@Dewin99 I’m a Magizoologist, it took me 1 hit for the doxy, 2 for vampires and 3 for werewolves. If I got two criticals in my first two strikes with a werewolf, then two, but I think that only happened once for me. My power with the oddities on the map is 100 currently and this includes the power gained from the beast.

@Acumen, @Owlx Great achievements 😊

Also, don’t worry @Owlx, I won’t forget you guys. You all are too awesome for that to happen! 😊

@LadyRedIII Nice. I’m glad you found some people to play with as well and that you had a great time during the event.

@kiheikid Looks like you made some great progress. Glad you had some fun 😊

I also hope the HPWU crew can do something for those who weren’t able to enjoy the event fully in Oceania and Brazil.

#4420 October, 2019, 09:21 am.

@CeruleanGirl - adam lambert, lol

(once you see that, you can’t unsee it)

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4520 October, 2019, 01:09 pm.

@CeruleanGirl you're definitely not the only one irritated with the vampire. This is from our local WU chat:

#4620 October, 2019, 06:48 pm.

What great event. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. The best community event so far. With all the QoL improvements it made for a very enjoyable experience I got a **** load of experience ~ 235,000. Did anyone else find that dragons gave triple points during the event? I fought as a megazoologist and v took 2 hits and w took 3

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #4821 October, 2019, 07:50 am.

@Dewin99 im auror level 37 & same as @Plan9 says- if i landed a critical vampire went down in 1 or 2, the werewolf 2. But if not- it defo got to 4 or even 5 to take that werewolf down. We totally changed our plans quickly & stayed local with our run of 6inns &2 ghouse for energy cos we realised it was gonna b a real drain.

But doing about 160k i was really happy with that for 3hrs work. And we did stop to have a cup of tea from our flask inbetween lol!

Nice stats @Imaginatio (pls check ginnungagap posts from 10/9 if poss & link) & @Owlx thats awesome!

Love the gif @Plan9 made me laugh so much!! 😂

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4921 October, 2019, 08:16 am.

@KingZog Thank you for taking the time to share the statistics. I totally agree that the balance should be looked at (I’m sure they are).

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #5021 October, 2019, 11:53 am.

@KingZog this balance exists on oddities. Inside the fortress the professions are rather balanced. Aurors are specifically angled at killing quickly as they are squishy. This does help in single combat against weak foes. I have posted a suggestion that all passive focus reliant specialties work outside the fortress as the active skills aren't available. I believe it used to work that way and broke. It would also be good to categorize the oddities as there are now curiosities, Dark forces and beasts in the oddities pages.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5121 October, 2019, 05:19 pm.

You guys did so amazing!! I actually posted a report about our community day here in Brazil. It's awaiting approval (not sure why, haha) but still. I'm really happy everyone else had such a good time with their catches 😄

#5222 October, 2019, 02:33 am.

What great event. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. The best community event so far. With all the QoL improvements it made for a very enjoyable experience I got a **** load of experience ~ 235,000. Did anyone else find that dragons gave triple points during the event?

• KingZogKingZog Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #5323 October, 2019, 08:09 am.

@Ginnungagap Yeah balance in fortresses isn't too bad, but there are lots of other areas with balance problems. Traces, oddities, energy...

The simple solution for oddities would be remove class dependency altogether and have a fixed damage by level. The better solution would be to make the oddities use the fortress combat system, with focus available, and make them MUCH tougher fights. There's no risk in fighting an oddity beyond the first few days of play, which means there's no balancing stamina against damage, only damage is relevant.