Thank You - Community Day

Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 23 October, 2019, 08:09 am.

As a solo player, this was by far the best community day yet! I managed over 130 oddities and brewed way too many elixirs. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I went from daily lurking to actually joining the forum to say thank you!

One day I will meet other players here in Bangkok, I'm sure. But in the meantime, this sort of event is wonderful!

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #219 October, 2019, 12:10 pm.

Congratulations to a good Community Day. Good news to hear it went well.

• HallanenHallanen Posts: 49 ✭✭
    #319 October, 2019, 12:24 pm.

that's great to hear!

I had a successful solo community day as well (as usual) . I managed to move from level 27 to level 28, and got several new foundables that I had never seen before or seen only once! (McGonagall,Newt Scamander,Percival Graves, Fawkes etc.)

The only downside was the constant rain. When I got home from my walk I was soaked from head to toe even though I had an umbrella with me.

#419 October, 2019, 01:21 pm.

@Hallanen

Wow great returns. Those are huge to find!

Congratulations on level up! Level prizes will be every well timed for start of dark forces 2.

sorry for the rainy weather. I feel your pain on that. Every CD in my area has been rainy too. Hoping for only light rain and glad it's not snow!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #519 October, 2019, 01:47 pm.

Welcome (officially) to the forum @Magpie31 ! And well done to you and @Hallanen for your catches!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #619 October, 2019, 02:23 pm.

@Hallanen Well done!

I’d also like to say thanks for a great Community Day. I managed to level up from 32 to 33, bagged lots of oddities and now have nearly 100 dark runestones ready for the next Brilliant Event.

I also saw (and caught) my first unicorn!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #719 October, 2019, 03:29 pm.

@Magpie31 such a lovely post!! Helloooooo way over there in Bangkok!!

In the uk the event was equally awesome- the rewards this whole month have just been off the chart!! Cant believe we still have 2nd wk brilliant event & Halloween to go yet!

I managed to brew 20 baruffio, gain 160,000 xp, and 170 DA runes!! I think they'll be enough for the Halloween event 😂

Congratulations to you & @Hallanen on your successful day!

And that's awesome @Dewin99 with the unicorn, so beautiful, i love that animation 😍

#919 October, 2019, 04:05 pm.

Ooh @Imaginatio that’s awesome you found other players!! How fun!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1019 October, 2019, 04:10 pm.

@Dogoutlaw Yep, I was very happy about that. This will hopefully make ranking up and getting the red books easier. 😊

I was finally able to use the revive charm as well for the first time which was cool.

#1119 October, 2019, 04:18 pm.

@Imaginatio yes, fortressing is quite fun in groups, that’s awesome! And too funny about revive! Hubby calls that his AED, and loves using it. It’s an excellent skill!

#1219 October, 2019, 05:48 pm.

@Dogoutlaw Lol, I think I might start calling it that as well. I’m just glad I got to use the skill, it is awesome, but it was pretty useless until now. 😂

I can currently revive to 80% and I was thinking of leaving it as it is until the end. I’m going to use the next set of green books from the Brilliant event on the 15% defence at 5 focus, however now I’m probably going to use the green books from the event after that on revive, instead of the erkling or spider ones.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #1319 October, 2019, 06:33 pm.

I too love this event. Look at this beautiful sight.

Now I think I'm ready for Halloween.

• Plan9Plan9 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    #1419 October, 2019, 06:35 pm.

@Magpie31 as another solo player, I second that! Leveled from 28 to being within a couple 1,000 of level 30. Also got to prestige my Oddities II page, collect 33 more Doxy AND get rank 65 Oddities.

#1519 October, 2019, 06:38 pm.

@Ginnungagap wow 😯 That’s amazing 😃

@Plan9 Congratulations! 😊

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #1619 October, 2019, 07:41 pm.

As a solo player, it was nice to have something I could do on my own.

However, it was a killer as far as Spell Energy was concerned. (Limited Time to play again, no Inns close enough) I'd never needed two hits for a Doxy before, and went up to five for Werewolves. What was the point of having spent Restricted Section Books on werewolf defense break... At least I'm level 34, not just a low-level player, they probably had a much harder time.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1719 October, 2019, 08:01 pm.

yup, @Valki put it best ... professors get ripped off ... and professors are supposed to have a proficiency against werewolves, but not here where aurors seem to easily knock them out and conserve spell energy while professors are getting depleted so quickly

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1819 October, 2019, 08:21 pm.

@Magpie31 welcome!

@Imaginatio great news about finding a group! Fortresses are so much better when you have at least one of each profession, and the extra challenge xp is so nice.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1919 October, 2019, 08:45 pm.

@kiheikid I see where you’re coming from, professors should be able to defeat curiosities with less difficulty than aurors and magizoologists.

It took me between 1-2 hits for the doxy, 2-3 for the vampire, and 3-4 for the werewolf.

Out of curiosity, how many hits did it take for the aurors & magizoologists out there?

@HPWULola Would it be possible to improve the balance between professions in the interests of level playing fields in future please?

(Great event by the way, can’t wait for Halloween!)

#2019 October, 2019, 08:51 pm.

@Dewin99 I'm an auror and when I didn't land a critical, it took me the same range of hits that you listed above. The increased stamina of the enemy threw me off at first, but then I just got annoyed that the vampire posturing was wasting my brain elixir!

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #2119 October, 2019, 08:58 pm.

@Plan9 Yes, the vampire was very annoying. When seeing one or two a night, among other Traces, it can be acceptable, but here, having to wait for the poseur was too much. And no way to cast Incendio, what a shame.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
    #2219 October, 2019, 09:08 pm.

Thanks for the great feedback; I'm glad everyone had a wonderful Community Day! I feel like I battled 50+ Werewolves today!! @Dewin99 Interesting point you have made; I'll pass that comment along. I am a professor and noticed it was difficult to tackle some Oddities, but I enjoyed the challenge!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2319 October, 2019, 09:18 pm.

I totally get why the vampire is annoying to most people, but he gets a pass from me. You go on with your bad self, sassy vampire! Nothin' but love, my undead friend.

Great job @Magpie31! Nice to hear from you and glad you had a great day! Same shout-out to @Hallanen and @Plan9. Sounds like you crushed this community day!

I could have done a little better, but I'm still very satisfied with the results. As a professor, this event took its toll on my spell energy. I had a difficult time keeping it replenished, but still had a great day! I'll keep expanding my vault capacity to be better prepared for future events like this one, for sure.

I started out the day at only 35K into level 40, so ended up with about 135,000 XP from the event. I certainly won't complain about that! Plus, I only had four level 1 runestones, and three each of level 2 and 3, so that's just over 140 oddities among the other foundables returned today. Shuweeeet. 😁

#2419 October, 2019, 09:31 pm.

Wow looks like most witches and wizards had a great day too.

In pain for @JulieJubz and others that had early, late or no starts. Hoping the developers come up with a great make up day for ya'll.

@Acumen

@AuroraKadavra Wicked results for you both🥳💃🕺

@HPWU team thanks for a fantastic CD.

Great information ahead of time so we could prepare. Please set an equally impressive fun make up day for the time zones that got nerfed.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2619 October, 2019, 09:48 pm.

Very cool, @Owlx. You crushed it! That's a lot of milestones worth celebrating for one day!

#2719 October, 2019, 11:11 pm.

@Imaginatio yeah for finding a local group. Dont forget about us thought ok?😛

Fawkes is a great find.

I only had 11 PDC I ending up spending all my saved game gold for it and it was worth every knut!

Love to see what rare ones you have to add here:

@Dewin99 wow congratulations on your 1st unicorn see above link too😊

#2819 October, 2019, 11:54 pm.
  • NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #2920 October, 2019, 12:04 am.

Glad folks had fun, what a GREAT Community Day!

Thanks so much @HPWULola and all the others!

Agree with the spell drain for Professors, hope that issue can get attention.

Really looking forward to Brilliant 2 and Halowe'en. This month has been incredible.

Wizard on!

• MagusAnimagusMagusAnimagus Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #3020 October, 2019, 12:20 am.

Community Day just ended for us a few minutes ago, and I'd like to say thank you for a couple of reasons. Scheduling at local time was very much appreciated because this was the first Community Day I've been able to participate in since the game was launched. It was hella fun! I hope local time is a more regular thing. And second, I come on this forum to report abnormal experiences with the game and vent frustrations, but I try not to neglect saying thank you to the HPWU Crew whenever I can. The programming and logistics that go into something of this scale must be mind-boggling. I enjoyed myself so much today! So thank you 😄

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #3120 October, 2019, 01:26 am.

@Dewin99 I’m an Auror and it was definitely the taking me much more hits than normal for doxy, vamp, and werewolves. Doxy was taking 2, vamp was taking 3-4 and werewolf was taking 4-5. (Without potions)