spoiler: 2019-10-19 community day livestream from melbourne

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 03 December, 2019, 11:10 am.

if you do not want to see/know about the 2019-10-19 community day event, you should leave this thread now

link and discussion below

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭
    #219 October, 2019, 04:01 am.

livestream youtube link from anthony constant aka @Valki in melbourne

(thanks, anthony!)

edited October 19 #319 October, 2019, 04:10 am.

tips learned from watching so far:

werewolf is 300 stamina/hit points

vampire is 200 stamina/hit points

doxy is 100 stamina/hit points

professors get ripped off (paraphrasing valki)

every WVD encounter returns a dark arts runestone (so far)

baruffio brain elixir brew time before master notes is 30 mins and after master notes is 15 mins in regular cauldron, even faster in rental cauldron

make sure your potion queue is empty before community day 3 hour block starts (valki forgot and still had a wit-sharpening potion brewing at time of start, so he could either wait, or pay to finish brewing of that already brewing potion, or pay to start brewing in the rental cauldron. he chose the last option)

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭
    #419 October, 2019, 04:25 am.

I did the same, I spent 7 gold to finish a brew. Well worth it.

Here are my Melbourne stats (event finished):

#519 October, 2019, 04:31 am.

you can see from the livestream vid that anthony constant (and friends heard on audio) played in spot with 3 inns, each with maximum dark detectors spinning

wonder whether that was part of the plan (to call the WVD traces)

he also had the tonic for trace detection going, but it was such a target-rich environment that he was playing in that it is hard to tell which WVDs are from dark detectors or trace detection tonics or neither

edited October 19 #619 October, 2019, 04:37 am.

@WerewolfChaser - well done! thank you for sharing your stats. how often did you (need to) refill spell energy at inns/greenhouses? or did you just top up every 5 mins. while hanging out near the inns/greenhouses?

just imagine, 102 fortress battles on halloween ?!?! lol

#719 October, 2019, 04:38 am.

I only noticed oddities that spawned from trace potion.

I wasn't part of Anthony's group. They were out playing in sunshine with little shade. I've just had a skin cancer removed, still got the dressing on.

I did meet up with that crew on fortress community day. There is a smaller group (a couple of people) on my side of town. They found a spot today that's sheltered, near a train station AND lots of free parking. I'll meet up with them for future CD's.

#819 October, 2019, 04:42 am.

I have 225 energy and although I was spinning whenever I could I got dangerously low.

Remember though, we don't have any sp9nsored inns or fortresses. Our closest is 13,000km away so those that have sponsored inns will cruise through.

#919 October, 2019, 04:48 am.

@WerewolfChaser - wish you speedy recovery from that removal; i had a 1.25 inch long incision done on my chest years ago

#1019 October, 2019, 04:49 am.

No dragons or Fluffy everyone. We had dragon weather but I haven't seen a report of any spawning. Nor has anyone reported seeing Fluffy or indeed any oddity I have included in my stats.

#1119 October, 2019, 04:55 am.

Thanks @kiheikid . I went for stitches out on Thursday but it hasn't healed properly yet. The doc covered me in steristrips and told me to go see my surgeon doc during the week after looking at the results. I'm thinking I'm going to be told they haven't got it all yet. It's on my cheek and hubby watched the procedure. He was surprised they cut so much. When I told him I may need more cut out he laughed and said the doc would have to cut my head off as there's not much left to cut.

Anyway, I blame Niantic, it's a Pogo cancer. Caused by spending too long outside playing!

edited October 19 #1219 October, 2019, 05:10 am.

btw, on valki’s vid, one of his mates texted that all these doxies did not count toward the SOS assignment for doxy droppings, because the dark arts runestones replaced doxy droppings in the rewards drop. if true, then by same logic, werewolf tufts for SOS assignment will not be satisfied from all these werewolves either.

is that right, @HPWULola ?

#1319 October, 2019, 05:14 am.

I just saw in chat that Anthony had 6 people in his group.

edited October 19 #1419 October, 2019, 05:20 am.

general tip

ps: it’s all well and good that you have plenty of ingredients with which to brew lots of baruffio’s brain elixirs so quickly during these 3 hours of community day, but remember you still need the empty space potion capacity in your vault ... otherwise, you might not be able to tap to collect finished brews and then line up new ones to brew in your queue, if you are already full up (in which case you have to spend or delete extra potions, which would be a shame). and remember that complementary gift bundle will add to your potion vault, so manage your numbers

• evieeeviee Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #1519 October, 2019, 05:44 am.

@kiheikid the very last doxy I got during CD rewarded a runestone AND doxy droppings. All previous only rewarded runestones. So it is possible to get both if you're lucky.

#1619 October, 2019, 06:45 am.

oooh, very interesting @eviee

glad your dropping dropped!

edited October 19 #1719 October, 2019, 07:20 am.

mystery solved - looks like the missing doxy droppings / werewolf tufts were suffered by folks playing in oceania time zones due to glitch but later fixed for other time zones

#1819 October, 2019, 05:06 pm.

fyi, the sylph, a WU-tuber in the phillipines, said that dark detectors at inns only called normal foundables and not WVDs

• SripriyaNSripriyaN Posts: 6
    #1903 December, 2019, 11:10 am.

7438 1769 6913 - dont have Facebook... So looking for Melbourne Wizards... Feel free to add me 😁